+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leveling

Leveling

Changing classes for SL and I have to ask what is everyone leveling as?
    I lack experience with the class and some direction for future betas would be appreciated.

The mobs aren't too clustered together where you need to be constantly aoeing. I've been using the usual 51 Inquisitor (with points in Contempt) with some points in Defile and 0 Justicar (for minor Salvation healing.) It does the trick.

I'm sure someone else might want to make a more elaborate spec but I thought this was pretty decent.
    Riftnerd.com / Cleric of <Exposure>

51 Inquisitor is "ok" at leveling but you are rather limited in what you pull. If you pull more than a few mobs you would need to Healing Breath yourself/loathsome restoration and I doubt it could be used effectively as mobs get harder and harder.
    <Vendetta>

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    51 Inquisitor is "ok" at leveling but you are rather limited in what you pull. If you pull more than a few mobs you would need to Healing Breath yourself/loathsome restoration and I doubt it could be used effectively as mobs get harder and harder.
    I've had 4-5 mobs at once with it and it's still pretty easy to go through the packs with just Contempt and Salvation healing me. COO is pretty meh though.

I haven't bothered to try out Shaman's AOE since it has the passive heal buff now. Might give it a try later tonight.

I just use a 44 shaman/22warden build. Can do good st dps for soloing or aoe as well, and for healing you just keep hots on you from warden.

Druid 41, Defiler 16, Sham 8 has been pretty beast. Use tank druid pet and nonstop pull. Not huge dps but consistent and you have no problem with some "Major" mobs or even 2-3 swarms of rift attacks.

Some other benefits
    - sick pet on mob near shiny or quest update you have to pickup, summon horse and gallop off NP!
    - training around with a pet that agros a ton and super summon is easy
    - you can talk to him/it when you are bored

~noah

I have a question about leveling
    What's going to be the fastes way to reach level 60? Ive just tried IA in cape jule and brevane i think, and it goes super slow, even slower than in freemarch and silverwood.
    So any tips? I hate quests btw :/ takes ages to finish one.

And how can you disable the instant quest accept? Its so annoying to always delete quests when you get a bunch of them.

I did 51inq/11def/4puri.

You get a variety of buffs; you get Sign of Wrath from Puri, a small dmg dot+heal dot in defiler, an instant heal in defiler and a shield in puri.

Can easily take down 3 mobs at a time without a sweat. The mobs seem to be fairly spaced out in the first 4-5 zones so it should be fine.

I tried higher defiler and lower inq and tried using the defiler pet but it was too much survivability and took too long to kill (long setup time, not worth it).

For single mobs, just ignore all hps/absorb spells since you can easily heal up to full with the defiler's instant heal after you down the mob during the transition between one mob to another. Mana isn't an issue because it regens so fast.

For two mobs, it shouldn't be an issue either. If you're feelign a little vulnerable, just put an instant heal or put up the purifier shield and you should be fine.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Those specs will all suck at higher levels.

Anything works for low 50s.
    <Vendetta>

You take it with a grain of salt and move on. Do what works for you because you're the one paying for the subscription.

When talking about speed and viability of solo specs include your gear level please. If your in ID relics your gear level is equivalent to around 56-57.

Being able to solo 5 mobs when you significantly outgear them doesn't say anything about the viability of the spec in Solo play.

I find soloing with a shaman/warden build is slow. Inquisitor is much quicker and more fun IMO but I have to watch how many mobs I pull.
    Guild Leader of Philanthropy on Faeblight.
    www.philanthropy-community.com

Defiler leveling build:

Defiler/Cabalist/Inquisitor

level 50:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...0/UnBiyGgxay/n

level 56:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...UnBiyGgxay/nCw

single target macro
    #show somatic desecration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast somatic desecration
    cast dark water
    cast vex

AoE Pulling
    Mostly consists of tagging with siphon vitality and loading your final target up with bond of torment, bond of pain, marrow harvest and siphon vitality. Cast Beacon of Despair on the final target, at this point the rest of the mobs are with you, spread your DoTs with Unholy Nexus and cast Pain Transmission.

Your mobs are now on the beacon and you can put up Tyranny and spread it with bound fate, now you keep up all dots and make sure they stay spread, use pain transmission on cooldown and make sure you always reapply tyranny and spread it after it explodes. I put up curse of solitude when I can, so long as everything else is up. very important to keep all of your health return debuffs applied.

Healing Yourself
    if your beacon is going to die put up explosive growth on yourself and activate it with a loathsome restoration if necessary, also do this if you're taking too much damage while pulling. make sure you keep up Chimera's Gift- it is a heal to you if you take a killing blow and can save your bacon.

Here's my button layout and the spec as well:

http://i.imgur.com/h3iPF.jpg

You can also choose Warden instead of Cabalist for a much safer experience, picking up 16 points to get soothing stream + Tidal Surge (nice for Pain Transmission, macro together) but it is also quite a bit less AoE damage. There are some points you can shuffle around in the defiler tree, really up to you, I chose to not really go for supportive stuff because the idea of the build is soloing. Scarred Heart was the only one I considered shuffling points around for, assuming it reduces the damage taken from the link with beacon.

I am Meru on the Beta if you see me around, happy to talk. Meru's gear at the start was a mix of T2 / rotp stuff so nothing crazy. Switched up to Adventure Dealer and quest gear as I leveled.

Personally leveling with full druid 10 justi 5 inqui.

If there are groups of mob i grab the field and me and the tank just aoe everything down, healing each other every hit.

Its practically immortal if for some reason i gain aggro (happened a few times, dont know why)

I've been leveling with 28 defiler 38 inquis 0 Justicat. It has a lot of ST damage and I can always pop out beacon of dispair. Load up dots for the pull and for AoE, if it's more than two mobs, I throw out beacon and go through with dots and souldrain occasionally healing Patsy (That's what I named my beacon) it seems to work well, but is missing a bit of damage output later on, but it's hard to kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Those specs will all suck at higher levels.

Anything works for low 50s.
    Just leveled to 56 with 51+inq/def mix, had no problems at all. Got 0 pt. justi for some off-heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantalon View Post
    Just leveled to 56 with 51+inq/def mix, had no problems at all. Got 0 pt. justi for some off-heal.
    How many targets are you pulling at a time? In a proper solo spec you can pull every mob within leash range and not be in danger of dying.
    <Vendetta>

Up to 5 targets it still works fine. maybe it's more pleasant to use another spec, will see when beta 3 arrives.

Btw what do you recommend Mr. Ahov?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantalon View Post
    Btw what do you recommend Mr. Ahov?
    Pfft. Why would he tell us common folk? He's already posted 3 times here mocking everyone else going "ner ner I have a better spec then you guys". Doubt he'd decide 4th time's the charm.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

+ Reply to Thread