+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leveling

Inq is great for leveling. Keep Vex up on every target to gain passive healing. Use a sigil with a shielding and/or HoT greater essence and you'll be fine. With no pushback, you can pull 5 mobs and Soul Drain to clear an area very quickly.

You can pair it with just about anything else for the lefover points depending on how you like to play. I did Defiler for the second dot that heals and an instant heal in case I get into trouble. But warden has hots, justicar has more passive healing, cab has another dot and AoE potential, purifier has the shield, etc.

I did level 50-51 as Druid using the tanking pet and 51-52 with Inq and it was by far a better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Baccarus2 View Post
    Inq is great for leveling. Keep Vex up on every target to gain passive healing. Use a sigil with a shielding and/or HoT greater essence and you'll be fine. With no pushback, you can pull 5 mobs and Soul Drain to clear an area very quickly.

You can pair it with just about anything else for the lefover points depending on how you like to play. I did Defiler for the second dot that heals and an instant heal in case I get into trouble. But warden has hots, justicar has more passive healing, cab has another dot and AoE potential, purifier has the shield, etc.

I did level 50-51 as Druid using the tanking pet and 51-52 with Inq and it was by far a better experience.
    Don't forget Puri has Sign of Wrath that deals damage to attackers. I generally put up shield first before I pull since it lasts 30secs. This also means that burnout will finish earlier (compared to putting up the shield after you've pulled). I find Healing Flare heals for more then the Defiler's instant cast heal though until you go further up the Defiler tree at later levels.

And those 103k Elite mobs in City Core/etc are a synch, especially with Nysyr's Rebuke.

That said, there's always room for improvement and further experimentation.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

I think that Ahov run a 41 justi spec and spam censure on 10+ mobs.

I used a 38/28/0 Inq/Def/Just spec for both of my Clerics to see how it would do. One is full HK gear, Soulpyre, with ID feet and gloves. The other has is T1 raid gear except for 2 pieces of HK mark and HK MH/OH.
    They were both very capable with the spec. I'm sure there is something better but it is certainly an option.
    Standing at max range against a melee mob start with Marrow Harvest (doesn't start combat), BoD, Vex, Siphon, SH, BoJ spam, refresh dots as needed. You could throw Marrow in again but is generally a loss in DPS if you have pushback talented.

Pulling with Marrow and then a full cast BoD hit about the same time and is a big damage spike, especially if both crit (14-16k for my gear). If it is a shortened cast of BoD then Vex will usually start the pull. If it's a melee mob it will be nearly dead by the time it actually reaches me, unless it has a charge. There is enough healing and enough front loaded damage to get your through nearly anything. If you get in trouble with more than a few mobs you have the beacon to pull them off of you for a bit, Siphon and vex each mob, you have an instant self heal, and soul drain.
    I have experimented with BoD then Marrow so that it would benefit from CS but the mob makes it to you with much more health. My goal with this build is to minimize the amount of time I'm being hit.

I had some fun with 50sham 16 justi as a lvl 50. Justicar even justice did way more damage than maelstrom and avalanche strike, so just spammed that on AE packs, and as you know, shaman is also a really nice ST dps spec.

For survival it has glory of the chosen and salvation. Can take glacial shield too. take puri/sentinel for shield/heal

The whole thing got even better on 51. You upgraded EJ to next lvl, so it did WAY more damage than AS and SotM. Also got 51points in shaman to boost AE damage alot.

Playing this is pretty fun and straightforward. later on you could also put points in warden instead of sent/puri. Gives some damage and healing bonuses

I'm not sure if EJ damage has been changed to be lower than shaman abilities now, but anyways salvation heals more with EJ, so it's still worth using in big packs.

I didn't get a chance to test this in the beta but I did some testing this morning on builds against 50 epics, 52 normal, and 52 epics (in EI) to get an idea what it might be like in storm legion.

First build:
    51 shm/13 inq/2 Justicar

45 pts in shm for the good shm "DPS stuff" and then the remaining ones were in interrupt (utility) + damage reduction because 5% avoided dmg is > then 5% healed esp when facing multiple attackers. Also to get 48 and 51 cds.

13 inq, there was just nothing beyond 13 inq which looked useful at all since this was a melee build I'd be looking for ways to heal (vex), passives to increase damage, and utility (purge). Shroud of agony looked interesting for a melee build, extra aoe dmg so I took it. Sanction heretic looked like a DPS increase over "popup" critical jolt.

2 Justi gave BoR which seemed to do more dmg then critical jolt. The "popup" critical jolt.

I used the shaman crystal, didn't test with the justicar one for salvation heals though maybe it would be worth a look.

Single target damage was incredible, aoe damage it killed insanely fast. But at around 4 lvl 50 epics in stillmoor if I wasn't pulling with Vex and keeping vex up I would die. very squishy for a farming build. Seemed more like a DPS with tiny heals.

Next I wanted to try out a shaman/cabalist build but decided against it and decided on a shaman/justicar build. I wasn't sure how deep into Justi I wanted to go but since you need 16 pts for even justice, at that point it was either: put 5 points in shaman for thick skinned and get the 48 cooldown, or put 5 points in justicar, get the same damage reduction, be able to enable that 21 point parry/dodge ability, and get extra armor, endurance, resist for a sacrifice of 2.5% soul "gift" damage. It was kind of a toss up, but I decided to test 45 shaman/21 justicar/0 puri.

Damage went noticably down but it still was not bad at all. pulled 3.2k st dps against a "boss", no consumable, non optimized build. AOE it did ok, killed slower for sure but it was pretty tough. I heard the "clanking" of the dodge/parry going off often so that 21 pt justi ability was working well for me. I decided to pull just about everything I could, pulled an entire area, 8+ lvl 50 epics, beat them down without a sweat. Wow what a difference, one was a tissue paper where you had to watch where you pulled, this one was doing well.

Ok well how do we test this further. Since this is on PTS all I could do was go to EI and try to pop some major 52 rifts.

Here is where the build didn't seem to do too well. First off the 52 epic rifts have mobs with special abilities. The fire ones had these non epic dudes with a damage shield, having no purge you couldn't take too many on or you would literally kill yourself. The earth ones had non epic scorpions that hit super fast, again couldn't take too many on. Lastly I was able to get some straight up 52 epic warrior mobs to pop, even puri pre-shielding I could feel comfortable taking on 1-2.

This last part of the testing didn't impress me too much. In the SL beta I had found a rogue build which could take on as many things as I could pull without them tethering, some of them higher level epics.

To me this build seemed like it was ok for day to day stuff but didn't pack the punch. As long as you stayed closer to your own level though I felt like it would be fine.

Let me know if anyone else tested something cool on PTS or SL which seemed like it could tackle higher lvl stuff or large #s of stuff.

^Forgot to say in the tankier build I tested with the justi crystal.
    Against aoe packs total healing pulled up to 500 hps depending on how much damage I was taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaz View Post
    I had some fun with 50sham 16 justi as a lvl 50. Justicar even justice did way more damage than maelstrom and avalanche strike, so just spammed that on AE packs, and as you know, shaman is also a really nice ST dps spec.

For survival it has glory of the chosen and salvation. Can take glacial shield too. take puri/sentinel for shield/heal

The whole thing got even better on 51. You upgraded EJ to next lvl, so it did WAY more damage than AS and SotM. Also got 51points in shaman to boost AE damage alot.

Playing this is pretty fun and straightforward. later on you could also put points in warden instead of sent/puri. Gives some damage and healing bonuses

I'm not sure if EJ damage has been changed to be lower than shaman abilities now, but anyways salvation heals more with EJ, so it's still worth using in big packs.

It will work pretty nice till lvl 54 or 55...
    Planer: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...g/l9akAikll4/m

You can pull in full relic gear 10 mobs easily at lvl 50-52
    Spread your FW with SotM and just heal yourself with EJ.

If you level with another Cleric with the same specc just put 1 more point in Reparation than in Stronghold.
    You cant die if you will level with 2 Clerics.
    The next 2 points will be spend in Healer's Creed and after that 2 points in Purifier for Sign of Wrath.

But this specc will get derp with lvl 56 if you are not even outgear the mobs with your relic gear.
    After that it will be hard and i would change to a full defiler specc or a 41-44 druid tanking specc which will decrease your overall damage done but let you be nearly unbeatable.

deep shaman can't solo up above L55 very well. (at least with ID level gear where we don't over gear the content anymore).

By my definition you need to be able to handle at least 3-4 mobs (preferably more) of 2 levels higher than you and Shaman just cant do that. Even if you go deeper into Justicar (say around 24 points to get the defensive passives). You just can't tank the mobs well enough.

I vouch for 38/28/0 Inq/Def/cab

its bursty as fook, the beacon tanks all the mobs and you can instantly heal it to full since your damage skills put growth on it which also refreshes your husk

for AoE you can soul drain and spam the instant cab 8 target ability

?

I tried this spec and didn't see any passive healing to the beacon. I think it only affects those group members that are linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzer View Post
    I tried this spec and didn't see any passive healing to the beacon. I think it only affects those group members that are linked.

the beacon is linked to you with a 50% link
    there is a talent that has a chance to put a stack of growth on your links (based on link %)
    there is also an ability that heals your target and causes any growths to pop, healing the target even more
    there is a talent that refreshes husk when you use a heal

so as you are hitting the mobs the stacks of growth go onto the beacon with a 50% chance per damaging spell, then when your beacon is damaged you press your instant heal and it will heal the beacon for about 50-70% of its HP in one shot and refresh your husk. if you don't spec into the talents that do this then it won't work, and you also have to use the ability that pop's the growths in order to actually see the healing, otherwise the growths will just keep refreshing and never go off

Druidicar is my best soloing spec. It's nearly unkillable, and does rather massive AoE damage, and acceptable enough single target. You can pull constantly, and as many as you can gather. It also seems to scale up rather well as you level, and seems to remain fairly tough.

The spec I run is http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b.../DkF2nG5ayF0/l although you can swap around some, go less into justicar if you want. I'm undecided whether I will go deeper into druid or justi with the 51-60 talent points.

The specs main survivability lies in using justcar attacks(for higher salvations), which are buffed up as much as possible by druid talents. So I skip druid talents which enhance fervent strike and such, as I don't use those abilities.

Altho the survivability might be high enough with just the 21ish points in justicar, so I may continue into druid with my last 10 points. If I take points that improve fervent strike higher, I might use that instead of strike of judgment, when I'm taking on lower damage single targets. Altho there is also reason to go further into justi, as I can buff up my hammer of duty, which may give me as much single target damage as the buffs in fervent strike would, as well as getting an interupt, purpose, and more general survivability from the base justicar percent bonuses.

While soloing, I use the tank pet, the AoE pet damage buff(which is why I put at least 44 in druid), and mandate on the tank pet. I generally just keep his aoe sweep attack on auto, and turn off the auto for the single target attack.

The tank pet is surprisingly robust on his own, and his own damage heals him(as well as yourself) with aid of the forest. When you tack on both salvation and mandate on the pet, along with even justice spam, the pet can survive an almost unlimited number of targets. The only things that could kill him are things that can 1 shot him, and not much outside of a raid can 1 shot him.

Can someone post a link to their 38 inq / 28 def / 0 cab build? I'm not sure what's the best way to build that out. Thanks and cheers.

+ Reply to Thread