+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My mage experience this weekend Chloro

My mage experience this weekend Chloro

solely pve:

To be honest and up front i didn't get to test this in raid setting, i did heal the new 5 man no problem. But i still have to adapting to do to the changes. Not saying the sky is falling but i did want to give my feedback. Some will agree and some will disagree i can live with this.

Healing via dps is a awesome concept and i love doing the aoe raid healing especially in pugs. Its why i loved raiding as shadowpriest in Vanilla wow using vampirics embrace to help raid heal while doing dps and debuffing the boss for our warlocks. But now that tree just seems all over the place. Like how disc priest tree was for years until they fixed it. You want us to dps heal but then you had single target direct healing talents with cast times.

Now i know alot of people have been playing harbringer/chloro and thats cool have fun with that. Not my playstyle to be melee but if its your that thats awesome and a fresh concept.

So my question is when can i realistically use healing torrent in a raid? Maybe cast it on the tank as he pulls then go to aoe healing my raid. But if i am tank healing i would have synth on him and do more healing and not really need to open up with it. The 2 second cast time is what gets me atm. Wouldn't i be better off casting vile spore and healing 10 potential people, or get boon of life procs from void life if i got lifebound veil up?
    Maybe it is more of a 5 or 10 man cast on tank so i can keep lifegiving veil up shrug, Just seems like it should be change to be something different but it might just be me.

Natural healing is kinda in the same boat, 1.5 cast time with talents but wouldn't i be better off casting something that hits more people. I guess if flourish and bloom are on cool down i could use this in a pinch but the tree just doesn't feel right still.

I would love to see natures fury heal for a bit more, its got a cooldown and i got to take talent points to lower the cast time.

Spores had to be nerfed it was too good, so it was no surprise there.

Now this could change at 60 and make a bit more sense the 54+ talents in the tree look pretty awesome and can't wait to test them.

As always i invite you to agree of disagree...

I understand spores being nerfed, I'd love to see it stack however.

I'd also like to ask if it's still necessary to have tanks be limited to 1 synth at a time. It isn't a major mechanic, but it does limit the class in an unnecessary fashion.

As far as our targeted heals, I think Natural Healing is supposed to be our "you can still heal <this> much without attacking a mob" heal. However, Healing Torrent needs something more, even if it's as simple as refreshing the stacks on Restorative Shield.

Would LOVE to see Vengeful Healer increase healing as well which would allow us to build stacks of VH during lower incoming damage times and then have a small 'burst' of extra healing when we switch back to dmg spells. Creates a dynamic playstyle for the class that isn't required but allows for planning and skill to help peak performance.

What if they made healing torrent bounce between targets say 5 max. With a longer cooldown to be fair. OR it could add a area of effect buff around the tank giving energy and power to warriors and rogues in a 15 meter radius. Make the dot heal last longer and make it a longer cooldown for balance 2min perhaps

I don't think we need more cooldown abilities. What we should be asking for is a more involved healing 'rotation' of sorts, a way to reward us for using our damaging abilities at the right time. I put a lot of suggestions in my dedicated Chloromancer feedback thread.

+ Reply to Thread