+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ground Contrast

Ground Contrast

This is really my only comment for this zone.

The ground contrast in this zone compared to any other is really bad. What I mean is many times I can not tell if there or hills or valleys or rocks or anything ahead of me, or even gauge well how far away objects are because the ground looks nearly pure black. I had my computer settings to maximum brightness and contrast but couldn't really make out where I was moving that well in certain areas.

Keep in mind I'm on Low Quality renderer, so I'm not sure if foliage, extra shading and lightning will help but I should be able to atleast tell where I'm standing amongst everything on LQR.

I didn't have this problem in other zones, the contrast seemed fine.

I didn't have any real complaints about the terrain contrast, but for one or two areas where it was difficult to determine where the land ended and a river/stream began.

Can't remember the name of the area, but there's one spot in particular, not far from our initial landing site, in a marsh or bog (or whatever) where I'd run straight into the flowing water because I couldn't see it against the ground, unless I really altered the angle of my camera.

I play with my settings all the way up, minus antialiasing due to NPC name display problems.

+ Reply to Thread