+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: level 60 dps

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4

    level 60 dps

    During the beta weekend I saw a level 60 alpha character parsing about 14-15k on the dummies... I primairly play a cleric and I just put my face in my hands on seeing that. I have zero faith that at 60 in comparable gear cleric dps will even be half of that. I'm honestly thinking of shelving my cleric for a class that can compete on the charts.

    What parses have you all seen during the first weekend?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Unebrion View Post
    During the beta weekend I saw a level 60 alpha character parsing about 14-15k on the dummies... I primairly play a cleric and I just put my face in my hands on seeing that. I have zero faith that at 60 in comparable gear cleric dps will even be half of that. I'm honestly thinking of shelving my cleric for a class that can compete on the charts.

    What parses have you all seen during the first weekend?
    You should not take beta numbers as any indication of what will happen. Kervik will flip a switch next week and Viod Bolt will be 50000 dps.

    Equalizing DPS between the callings in the same situations is one of the top priorities. And of course level 60 characters do much more.

  3. #3
    There's numerous issues with some classes such as warriors, even saw a cleric doing some amazing DPS bugs with a Satyr doing like 15 auto attacks a second. Hopefully some of these will be taken care of before next beta weekend.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurona View Post
    There's numerous issues with some classes such as warriors, even saw a cleric doing some amazing DPS bugs with a Satyr doing like 15 auto attacks a second. Hopefully some of these will be taken care of before next beta weekend.
    That is going to be fixed obviously its an exploit with the new greater tanking pet. They did not put a cool down on the pet skills for the tank one so you can just sit there, clicking the pet skill button over and over and he will do it rapid fire.

    I did try this to test it out and was able to parse 4k dps but like I said that was an exploit or an overlooked hiccup that is going to be patched

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurona View Post
    There's numerous issues with some classes such as warriors, even saw a cleric doing some amazing DPS bugs with a Satyr doing like 15 auto attacks a second. Hopefully some of these will be taken care of before next beta weekend.
    It was probably me, I have reported this bug

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Unebrion View Post
    That is going to be fixed obviously its an exploit with the new greater tanking pet. They did not put a cool down on the pet skills for the tank one so you can just sit there, clicking the pet skill button over and over and he will do it rapid fire.

    I did try this to test it out and was able to parse 4k dps but like I said that was an exploit or an overlooked hiccup that is going to be patched
    It's actually a bug with having 2 points in the talent that reduces the GCD of the pet, and it affects all pets. Not getting the talent or only having 1 point in it will not trigger the bug. You can spam the other pets' abilities with 2 points in the talent as well but what it will do is cancel the attack animation so the damage never goes off.

    So the bug affects the Satyr Protector(both lesser and greater version) in allowing them to do insane DPS if you spam those attacks. And affects the other pets making them do 0 damage if you spam those attacks.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts