+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some Thoughts from Beta #1

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So what your effectively saying is any feedback we are giving right now outside of obviously broken abilities that should have been caught is pointless. If you can go ahead and re assure us that Champion at lvl 60 is fine, then go ahead or Reaver is not a nightmare of DOT control requiring a addon to managed dots on 6+ npcs pulls, then go ahead.
    I absolutely hate the reaver DoT change.

But I don't hate it because it's "hard" to manage. Keeping four DoT abilities up on targets that all have the same duration is simply dull to me. It makes me feel like I'm keeping the bard Motifs up, needing to spam 1, 2, 3, 4 every 14 seconds.

There shouldn't be an add-on needed to play any tank spec effectively. But I agree Reaver must change before I give it a second look (unless mitigation standards pigeon hole me into deep reaver, of course).

To tell the truth I just couldn't be bothered. When every single spec from live is dead there is nothing to build from.

Too many broken skills, energy starvation issues, lack of macros, removed skills, reductions in crit rating (I lost about 10% crit value in my grinding spec yet it had the same numerical value).
    It's tough to nail down what is broken when there is nothing to relate to.

BoEA is just funny, it was 3.5% of builders which healed for like 70 per tick of every builder which was awfully low, then they changed it in the patch to 25% chance to heal 20% of your AP which in my griding spec (R50 pvp gear) resulted in heals of 260 every 4 hits, a further reduction of the original value. Hilarious.
    Then with the changes to RB burst skills being on cooldown it's a further drop in healing compared to live as builders are fewer and further between, the talent to fix it was broken and WAY up the tree.

It's like a monkey trying to make it work by changing numbers at random. When thats the case who can be bothered trying to point him in the right direction?

It's gonna take a minor miracle to get warrior ready for 1.11, tempest or paragon might work, but everything else will be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwick View Post
    To tell the truth I just couldn't be bothered. When every single spec from live is dead there is nothing to build from.

It's gonna take a minor miracle to get warrior ready for 1.11, tempest or paragon might work, but everything else will be dead.
    That is my main issue. Everything we have been using since 1.7ish is just gone. Reaver that we have been using since it got fixed since 1.5 is a grind fest now.

Noone was prepared for these changes. Most of us I assume thought we would be able to switch out some abilities and keep some of our rotations. The instant change is just huge. We have used macro's in this class since March 2011 and Dec 2010 for some of us BETA testers.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So what your effectively saying is any feedback we are giving right now outside of obviously broken abilities that should have been caught is pointless. If you can go ahead and re assure us that Champion at lvl 60 is fine, then go ahead or Reaver is not a nightmare of DOT control requiring a addon to managed dots on 6+ npcs pulls, then go ahead.
    Sure, Champion is F I N E, Reaver on multi mob pull u click 1 out of the 4 random dot + plague bringer in a macro, and ur done, proceed to spam blood fever and afk like u do on live,

there u go.

Too many broken skills, energy starvation issues, lack of macros, removed skills, reductions in crit rating (I lost about 10% crit value in my grinding spec yet it had the same numerical value).
    It's tough to nail down what is broken when there is nothing to relate to.

BoEA is just funny, it was 3.5% of builders which healed for like 70 per tick of every builder which was awfully low, then they changed it in the patch to 25% chance to heal 20% of your AP which in my griding spec (R50 pvp gear) resulted in heals of 260 every 4 hits, a further reduction of the original value. Hilarious.
    Then with the changes to RB burst skills being on cooldown it's a further drop in healing compared to live as builders are fewer and further between, the talent to fix it was broken and WAY up the tree.

It's like a monkey trying to make it work by changing numbers at random. When thats the case who can be bothered trying to point him in the right direction?

3.5% seems perfectly fine to me. The 35% on Live is rather over-powered, and don't even deny it. Rather funny when you pull 10-20 mobs in, hit Storm Burst, and you're instantly full HP again.

As for this change across the boards, I'll just wait til I can better understand what the intentions for them were. It's a fact that the game for 90% of the Warrior Population has changed drastically, and most were not expecting this at all, I completely agree with this point. I actually foresee a lot dropping out and refusing to play Warrior if this continues. But at the same time, things will not be handed to you, you need to learn new specs, new styles of gameplay. TRION gave you the dough, now go make your bread.

@51 Paragon: You should not be Power Starved at all with this spec, something is wrong. Keeping SLI up in this spec is pathetically easy. I don't even watch it, this is far easier than having a Priority List. Simply have a good rotation, learn it, engrave it into your body. Yes your body because its your fingers that move. I unconsciously hit my buttons because I've hit them so many times, it feels strange to play another spec sometimes when I'm hitting different buttons for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharog View Post
    Sure, Champion is F I N E, Reaver on multi mob pull u click 1 out of the 4 random dot + plague bringer in a macro, and ur done, proceed to spam blood fever and afk like u do on live,

there u go.
    ^ This... I honestly don't see why Tanks need to keep up a rotation. You're a Tank, get and keep AGRO on you! Do I want a Tank who does his job by grabbing agro on mobs so it does not attack other members of party/raid, willing to throw in taunts when he loses agro OR do I want a tank who boasts his DPS/HP/GEAR/ROTATION?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellcross View Post
    3.5% seems perfectly fine to me. The 35% on Live is rather over-powered, and don't even deny it. Rather funny when you pull 10-20 mobs in, hit Storm Burst, and you're instantly full HP again.
    Shows how much you actually know about warrior, BoEA doesnt proc on rift storm, hasn't for over a month. It only procs on crits, which is maybe 1 every 3 hits, 35% damage which a crit is 2-5k, so a range of being healed for 700 - 1400 damage (multiplied across how many mobs you take on) every few seconds.
    It might be a little on the strong side but with the damage you take for being in a dps spec and the fact you have no other CD's or defenses it makes sense. It's the only real way that we can run wiht other classes farming specs that innately avoid damage completely or have enough self healing that they dont bother.

3.5% is pathetic, you lose a buff for it that would do other things and it heals for FAR less than the damage you're actually taking. The mobs are hitting for 400-1k non crit while you heal 70damage? Not gonna last too long against too many mobs like that. Especially when RB damage is pathetic aswell.

All of the 3.5% builder healing needs to be ramped up to 7.5% to 10% healing, OR changed back to crit procs and set to around 20-25% of the crit.
    Wykkyd <Aegis> @Laethys

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wykkyd View Post
    All of the 3.5% builder healing needs to be ramped up to 7.5% to 10% healing, OR changed back to crit procs and set to around 20-25% of the crit.
    yeah i could settle for that

I am sorry I tend to get scared when I spec into the Harbinger tree and see I think was two abilities aimed at reducing threat.

Tempest scares me when the initial attacks hits for 6k plus at level 50. This makes me assume that anks better be on PERFECT rotations that are much longer now or you can kiss your threat good by.

I didn't get much of a chance to test the tank builds.

Is there a reason that you would need to keep all four DoTs up as Reaver?
    The current implementation you only need one. Sure you could use all four, but I don't have nearly enough buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelem View Post
    I didn't get much of a chance to test the tank builds.

Is there a reason that you would need to keep all four DoTs up as Reaver?
    The current implementation you only need one. Sure you could use all four, but I don't have nearly enough buttons.
    Not really, 51+ pt Reavers need to maintain one for Binding of Death. Beyond that dots are only additional dps. It is strange that Reavers have a) lots of dots have b) tedious dot management and c) don't really need most of them for tanking. It seems rather pointless.

Hard to judge specs

For me first day of beta horrible lag 3-4 sec delay between abilites, so parcing and really getting a feel for certain specs where just not happening. Second day i got to try the new sab out for a couple hours was insaine but when i came back for sunday it was changed and horrible lag again so i couldnt give any real feedback, i do like the new dungeon i like the new look and am excited about new content. I dont really understand the switch to making macro's extinct as most people that are not hardcore use them and this well aggitate them and drive them to leave for other games hurting us all. Maybe a option for full refund on SL if they keep the macro's out so those of us that prepaid and now are like what is going on can stop complaining.

Best bit of feedback I saw on here was about the follow up Attack Point Generation. PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSEEEE just make follow up's grant 2 attack points instantly when specced into the extra Attack point gain. It's extremely frustrating when any kind of lag ruins your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyfish View Post
    Best bit of feedback I saw on here was about the follow up Attack Point Generation. PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSEEEE just make follow up's grant 2 attack points instantly when specced into the extra Attack point gain. It's extremely frustrating when any kind of lag ruins your rotation.
    currently with burst or whatever finisher all on GCD (cant get quickburst when going deep para), it is not really an issue that the 2nd CP is delayed,

it is only an issue on Live because we can use Bursts before GCD Ends. so other than it looks weird, atm it has no consequences.

Shows how much you actually know about warrior, BoEA doesnt proc on rift storm, hasn't for over a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellcross View Post
    hit Storm Burst
    Shows how much you actually read. Wouldn't be surprised if you didn't even read the entirety of it.

currently with burst or whatever finisher all on GCD (cant get quickburst when going deep para), it is not really an issue that the 2nd CP is delayed,

it is only an issue on Live because we can use Bursts before GCD Ends. so other than it looks weird, atm it has no consequences.
    SLI is off GCD, and alacrity will bring the GCD down. It should be changed, just like Trick Shot should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    SLI is off GCD, and alacrity will bring the GCD down. It should be changed, just like Trick Shot should be.
    Sli should never be activated before ur GCD ends, this is common practise for anyone who used to play paragon in 1.6+, hence delayed cpts is never an issue for it, Alacrity also increase the speed of ur cpts gain, feel free to test it.

Sli should never be activated before ur GCD ends, this is common practise for anyone who used to play paragon in 1.6+, hence delayed cpts is never an issue for it, Alacrity also increase the speed of ur cpts gain, feel free to test it.
    The point is not that you should activate it before your GCD ends, the point is that when there is network/graphical lag present (especially prevalent when many players are being rendered), you can sometimes end up cutting into your next GCD waiting for the 3rd attack point to come.

Also, if Alacrity is speeding up the gains of the 3rd combo point as well, it stands to reason that there shouldn't be much trouble making it register faster in general.

This is literally the biggest non-issue I've seen. Weapon Master enhanced follow up attacks should grant 2 CP immediately just like Disruptive Strike. Absolutely no reason not to do it, nor to not do it for every other mechanic like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    The point is not that you should activate it before your GCD ends, the point is that when there is network/graphical lag present (especially prevalent when many players are being rendered), you can sometimes end up cutting into your next GCD waiting for the 3rd attack point to come.

Also, if Alacrity is speeding up the gains of the 3rd combo point as well, it stands to reason that there shouldn't be much trouble making it register faster in general.

This is literally the biggest non-issue I've seen. Weapon Master enhanced follow up attacks should grant 2 CP immediately just like Disruptive Strike. Absolutely no reason not to do it, nor to not do it for every other mechanic like it.
    thisthisthisthisthis.

Maybe my version of this problem is enhanced so much since i'm playing from EU on US servers but almost every follow up forces me to wait for .5 secs of the next GCD after I use it before the attack point comes.

I agree with leif, make it a non issue and just give me 2attack points for follow ups instantly when you spec for it

Quote Originally Posted by Wykkyd View Post
    Yes please.

+ Reply to Thread