+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlord Soul

Hybrid View

Warlord Soul

Played around with 51 warlord alot during the Beta and have two suggestions:

1) The soul needs energy. I went 51 warlord and was out of energy like 2 seconds into the fight. It was very annoying. In fact, warrior as a calling has energy issues that need to be fixed.

2) Warlord needs some viabliity as a dps soul when not tanking. The problem is the majority of reactives are based on block, parry, and etc. Please make it so if in Damage stance (forgot name) these proc off of crits or some other factor. When the need for tanking arises change to defensive stance and these abilities proc as in the beta.

In the end, energy starvatation just destroyed this soul. The majority of warrior souls need help with energy. Please fix.

I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Letholdus View Post
    1) The soul needs energy. I went 51 warlord and was out of energy like 2 seconds into the fight.
    Imagine what it will be like with a 61 Warlord and a 1 second GCD. Warlord definitely needs some help as a DPS soul.

I dunno I found Warlord to be the most enjoyable when subspec'd into Champ for energy regen. The mobility was good, survivability decent, DPS ok. I imagine it caters more to PvP or support, but is a fun soul regardless.

Energy across the board needs to be looked at overall for the warrior calling though. I'm still writing up my general feedback for the calling, hope to have it posted soonish.

Pal/wl/temp was actually pretty fun for a solo spec as there is pretty good synergy to make after block skills powerful, and with the pal ability where afterblock skills do your endurance in damage, running around in tank gear for soloing wasn't completely slow and boring. I think the build was something like 36pal/30wl/0temp, although it may have been 38/28, I don't remember and can't check at the moment, it did have some power issues, but just about all warrior souls do, especially if you use any ae attacks or reactives.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesii View Post
    I dunno I found Warlord to be the most enjoyable when subspec'd into Champ for energy regen. The mobility was good, survivability decent, DPS ok. I imagine it caters more to PvP or support, but is a fun soul regardless.
    I had a blast with the same spec. 2 charges and a pull you can ping pong the mobs around with king of the hill and defensive maneuver setting off the charge/pull/summon reactives. I was getting some nice 10-15k crits off KotH and Breaking blow when the stars aligned. As dps in dungeons I was more then pulling my weight while soaking 30% of the Mt's damage, and fine if pull aggro once or twice.

I did 51 WL 15 pally 0vk build trying for a DW high dps tank. Did ok in expert AP at lvl 52. More testing needed to see if this is viable or even needed?

So clearly a good solo spec. Is there going to be a spot in a raid for a WL?

If the damage redirect continues to stack on top of the Defiler's I'd say there's a good chance there is, at least for fresh 60s doing raids while undergeared. Once you have proper gear and know the fight Warlord might become less useful.

Aterial Strike should proc on crit not the self/targets block/parry/dodge

I would prefer Brothers in Arms making its target's dodges/parries/blocks/deflects (make them count as blocks) counting as your own to trigger your abilities.

Too bad that then using your reactives as a result of that you drain you hard.

a major issue is that all of the warlord on-block reactives cost 20 energy each. Compare that to Retaliation in the Paladin tree, which only costs 10 energy

+ Reply to Thread