+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: After one beta weekend down...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3

    After one beta weekend down...

    I've been playing a cleric in Rift for almost 2 years. I don't have any alt's. All I ever wanted to play was cleric, and due to the versatility of the cleric souls, it was all I ever needed to play. So as with everyone else in Rift I was excited to see all the new stuff coming in 2.0...especially what new soul they would give us. I anticipated the new soul with a good bit of apprehension. I mean, we could already tank, dps, or heal as good or better than any other class so what could a new soul possibly provide. I figured it would be some sort of support role.

    Man was I wrong...sorta...

    When I first got in, like everyone else, I instantly looked at the defiler soul. Yep it's a semi-support soul, and I started thinking about ways I could incorporate it into roles, but then I started making my roles. That is when I noticed that we didn't get one new soul...we got EIGHT new souls. The only thing left in the old souls that was the same were the Purge and Cleanses. Ugh. I spent the first hour to two hours in the game simply trying to figure out what the many soul changes were...and they were numerous. It's going to take several hours of testing to tweak the new roles.

    Once I started playing, I found that warden healing for the new dungeon is...WOW! (no pun intended). Purifier MT healing is still super powerful...but it is still only good for MT healing unless your spamming the aoe shield. While our dps is lacking compared to the other classes, I still had no trouble soloing PvE world content (except those lvl 51 elite invasions...those things hit like a MAC truck). Icar is dead...and that sucks. Like most clerics, I loved the versatility of the many different icar specs. I didn't get a chance ot tank, but the soul is there. Next Beta I will put it to the test to see how it does.

    Right now, I see bard heals out raid healing us, all the other classes out-dps us...so I'm curious to see where we will fit into the new raid schemes. The Defiler seems like a possible support spot for some encounters...we'll see.

    On Sunday night, I logged back in to the Live servers for Raid night, and I actually found myself dissappointed because I was relieved to be back into the souls I new and loved. I actually enjoyed going back to Rift 1.x. I'm sure with time I will come to enjoy Rift 2.0 as well, and further Beta time will give me a chance to fine tune the roles into something I want, but there is no doubt that Rift 2.0 is a completely different game for clerics.

    WTB A New Role Slot!

  2. #2
    I too was overwhelmed when I logged in, but that was expected cuz I read the changes before I did. However playing with different specs and lots of dummy parses I was liking almost all the changes. None of the rotations were too complicated after a few parses. There seemed to be a lot of options that pull similar dps except the hard casting bod specs that are far ahead, but hopeful won't go live like that. Defiler took me a day to convince myself to try... and I was glad I did.. and started to see it's potential and I couldn't stop playing it. Seems like it will be useful, but don't think I'd use it to solo heal new dungeons or anything, but it's a nice tank support/ dps hybrid that's a nice change from all the raid healing/dps hybrids.

    Overall dps among the classes needs tweaks but I'm really looking forward to SL

  3. #3
    I'm kinda sad that our DPS is as low as it is currently on beta. They effectively removed -icars and set up the souls so we can't get massive raid heals and dps at the same time, so why is our DPS still the worst out of the 4 callings? not to mention some of our rotations are more difficult than mages now

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcrux View Post
    I'm kinda sad that our DPS is as low as it is currently on beta. They effectively removed -icars and set up the souls so we can't get massive raid heals and dps at the same time, so why is our DPS still the worst out of the 4 callings? not to mention some of our rotations are more difficult than mages now
    Tuning isn't set I wouldn't get too worried about it. If we are still in this place a week out from release...then yeah I would worry. I do believe they are going to nerf the 5k+ dps specs, especially the easy rotation ones

    Our high DPS spec is an easy rotation but it will suffer from pushback horribly unless we get an anti-pushback talent that we really need.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcrux View Post
    I'm kinda sad that our DPS is as low as it is currently on beta. They effectively removed -icars and set up the souls so we can't get massive raid heals and dps at the same time, so why is our DPS still the worst out of the 4 callings? not to mention some of our rotations are more difficult than mages now
    I'm not so disappointed with the removal of icar specs. Who cares about them when you can do 12-1500 dps as a warden and still out heal the icar on raid heals.

    Defiler though it could be so much fun but so much work for such little damage.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcrux View Post
    I'm kinda sad that our DPS is as low as it is currently on beta. They effectively removed -icars and set up the souls so we can't get massive raid heals and dps at the same time, so why is our DPS still the worst out of the 4 callings? not to mention some of our rotations are more difficult than mages now
    I am not worried about the dps, its still in testing, and they have weeks to change it.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    I'm not so disappointed with the removal of icar specs. Who cares about them when you can do 12-1500 dps as a warden and still out heal the icar on raid heals.

    Defiler though it could be so much fun but so much work for such little damage.

    What Specc did you mean with "our high dps specc"?
    While you're talking about the pushback there is just Inquisitor coming to my mind...
    But I think the best DPS specc is Druid...
    Until they nerfed it in the Beta-Event Saturday night.
    That pushes me back from 4,2k selfbuffed to 3,7k selfbuffed on the dummies.
    While Rogues are still putting out 5k ST on the dummies and Warris are still trolling around with 7-8k ST dps...

    As it is right now Rogue might be the new Cleric in game...
    Rogues are able to DPS, Heal (just MT-Heal is left for the Chloro and Cleric's), Support and Tank.
    While Clerics are able to MT Heal and absorb... The other specc's are just not competitive with other classes.

    Please Zinbik, make me love playing my Cleric again...

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by xBehemothx View Post
    I am not worried about the dps, its still in testing, and they have weeks to change it.
    Well I hope you know that Trion only got 43 days left to put the Cleric into the right way?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquii View Post
    What Specc did you mean with "our high dps specc"?
    While you're talking about the pushback there is just Inquisitor coming to my mind...
    But I think the best DPS specc is Druid...
    Until they nerfed it in the Beta-Event Saturday night.
    That pushes me back from 4,2k selfbuffed to 3,7k selfbuffed on the dummies.
    While Rogues are still putting out 5k ST on the dummies and Warris are still trolling around with 7-8k ST dps...

    As it is right now Rogue might be the new Cleric in game...
    Rogues are able to DPS, Heal (just MT-Heal is left for the Chloro and Cleric's), Support and Tank.
    While Clerics are able to MT Heal and absorb... The other specc's are just not competitive with other classes.

    Please Zinbik, make me love playing my Cleric again...
    I think you meant to quote me...but our top DPS spec I pulled 4.7k on over 5 mins (flaring glyph as only consumable) on a debuffless dummy and I am not even max geared, ID geared but no relic weapon or anything. Its 42 inq 22 defiler 2 cab.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    I'm not so disappointed with the removal of icar specs. Who cares about them when you can do 12-1500 dps as a warden and still out heal the icar on raid heals.

    Defiler though it could be so much fun but so much work for such little damage.
    I think the death of icars was a good thing, at least the cleric community as a whole didn't like the idea that our tank soul was our best healing spec.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquii View Post
    But I think the best DPS specc is Druid...
    Until they nerfed it in the Beta-Event Saturday night.
    That pushes me back from 4,2k selfbuffed to 3,7k selfbuffed on the dummies.
    While Rogues are still putting out 5k ST on the dummies and Warris are still trolling around with 7-8k ST dps...

    As it is right now Rogue might be the new Cleric in game...
    Rogues are able to DPS, Heal (just MT-Heal is left for the Chloro and Cleric's), Support and Tank.
    While Clerics are able to MT Heal and absorb... The other specc's are just not competitive with other classes.

    Please Zinbik, make me love playing my Cleric again...
    Druid is what I got parsing the best for me right around 3.1kish i'm hitting a respectable 2.6k with inquisitor. My biggest issue with druid is arthritis managing 7 buttons to hit 3.1k is pretty brutal.

    As far as Rogues go more power to them they got the best soul upgrade in the game. I just want Zinbik to actually play the roles and spend the time to balance the numbers because right now they dont cut it at our gear levels. Maybe once we are 60 it will all make sense but somewhere over the rainbow doesn't keep subscriptions. He's got roughly a month to sort it out. I'd rather see a buggy instance with working roles then vice versa.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    I think the death of icars was a good thing, at least the cleric community as a whole didn't like the idea that our tank soul was our best healing spec.
    I agree icars needed to go.

    However I don't completely agree with the depth of the changes. Justicar is still touted as a "tank/heal hybrid soul" but there is no respectable healing spec that will include it now.

    I'm going to try out Sent/Icar to see if it can work as a decent tank/raid heal hybrid but I'm guessing pure Sent with some points in Warden will work better anyway.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnz View Post
    I agree icars needed to go.

    However I don't completely agree with the depth of the changes. Justicar is still touted as a "tank/heal hybrid soul" but there is no respectable healing spec that will include it now.

    I'm going to try out Sent/Icar to see if it can work as a decent tank/raid heal hybrid but I'm guessing pure Sent with some points in Warden will work better anyway.
    With Mein of honor on and mandate on the tank I was doing roughly 800dps and healing the group. The heals were a little dicie here or there but that has more to do with me figuring out the rotation. Again though I was just experimenting. Why would you run the justicar as the healer when you could run warden and do more damage.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Elijah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    I think the death of icars was a good thing, at least the cleric community as a whole didn't like the idea that our tank soul was our best healing spec.
    /agree

    But overall i am very happy about the new soul and the old changes, now i cant wait to heal again with the new warden or purifer and test the sentinel <3.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    With Mein of honor on and mandate on the tank I was doing roughly 800dps and healing the group. The heals were a little dicie here or there but that has more to do with me figuring out the rotation. Again though I was just experimenting. Why would you run the justicar as the healer when you could run warden and do more damage.
    Exactly my predicament. Justicar is completely pointless as a healing soul now, and I'm not sure it was supposed to be.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Elijah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnz View Post
    Exactly my predicament. Justicar is completely pointless as a healing soul now, and I'm not sure it was supposed to be.
    i habe plaed the "old" senticar spec in raids but, i like the pure healing specs more then hybrids with non healing souls, now we have 1 absorb 2 fullhealers and many options for hybrid specs
    mh now justicar is only a tanksoul

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    I think you meant to quote me...but our top DPS spec I pulled 4.7k on over 5 mins (flaring glyph as only consumable) on a debuffless dummy and I am not even max geared, ID geared but no relic weapon or anything. Its 42 inq 22 defiler 2 cab.
    That spec is going to struggle to hit anything like those numbers in raids with movement and damage push back.

    Interestingly enough after playing with that spec I tried an even simpler version to give myself a baseline of just spamming the Fanactism, Sanction Heretic, Bolt of Depravity macro and it was hitting harder than the correct cycle with the DOTS.

    But the dummy was not clean for my testing (Want to buy Dummies in my dimension for true testing).

    I like the direction Zibnik has taken things - quite a lot.

    I have to get my head around managing the new druid with no macro's as there is a lot of keys now and a lot of counters to watch on your target. I haven't quite made up my mind yet as to whether that is to far the other way from where it was at.

    I also hope that more raid content is like the new dungeon - less faceroll on over powering the encounter and more reliance on playing the mechanics. It was awesome to have a normal dungeon with so many wipe mechanics.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by alittlebirdie View Post
    That spec is going to struggle to hit anything like those numbers in raids with movement and damage push back.
    I agree with this, mentioned in a previous post that if we don't get anti-pushback talents the spec will fail in raids, it would probably still be top even with movement granted its not constant movements.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    I found myself enjoying beta less and less the more I played. Icar specs were the only style of healing I enjoyed, and while I thought it was awkward to have it come from our tanking soul, I certainly wanted it to come from somewhere. Seeing it being effectively dead makes me regret springing for the year-long sub.

    I can't even take comfort in the Inquistor changes. The new L&DC mechanic is boring and discourages weaving in other spells. Not that it matters, since apparently we are back to BoD spamming anyway.

    The inability to macro anything makes skillbars a mess.

    Looks like I better bust my butt getting a new main ready for SL, or pray for major changes in the next month. Very sad. I had been so excited for SL before this weekend.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus169 View Post
    I can't even take comfort in the Inquistor changes. The new L&DC mechanic is boring and discourages weaving in other spells. Not that it matters, since apparently we are back to BoD spamming anyway.
    Failing to understand how something not RNG related = boring. I guess it is boring when your DPS isn't reliant on an RNG proc. I do wish it was any ST spell that added to the stacks though because you are right it does not encourage weaving other spells in and I wish that part did change.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts