+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Purifers

Purifers

Hey all! To use Mujah`s Idea, i would like to make a own Thread for each Cleris Soul for Bugs/Discussions/Questions/etc. So we can get a better overview and dont have all of the questions/Bugs etc in one Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Purifier - Still a primary tank healer, the Purifier is now better focused on damage reduction and prevention. They now have a wide variety of buffs and absorption spells that reward planning and foreknowledge.
    So, lets start

Zinbik post says we are still the Tankheals, but now we are more focused on Absorbing and Reducing Damage, personally i think its gonna be great and make us the undisputable first "healers" for Tanks , means our abilitys in absorbing and reducing damage are the first Level, that the Damge have to go though.

So if you have something to ask or report Bugs or what ever has to do with the Purifer, feel free to post it here.
    Best wishes!

First question comes from myself ^^
    Do the new Purifer Shields scales on the same stats as the "old"?

Sounds like the purifier is gonna need support from actual strong healers (chloro/senti) if its more reduction and absorb oriented.

But thats just first impressions off patch notes.

hm that was my first thought too, but now i think we get a larger amount of absorbs and our big heal has been removed so we need to time the absorbs and reduce abilitys to prevent the Group and tank from getting too much damage.

And i have asked Zinbik if the Purifer still can heal a 5` Dungeon Group and he says he can, so i think we have a way to Heal others maybe with the second or third soul but the keynote is to prevent damage with absorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
    Sounds like the purifier is gonna need support from actual strong healers (chloro/senti) if its more reduction and absorb oriented.

But thats just first impressions off patch notes.
    In a raid environment (and on live) 51 Purifier synergizes perfectly with a 51 chloro. The damage reduction/absorbs are effective even when the tank is topped off, and the chloro helps them get topped off with raw hps.

In any circumstance you'd use a 51 Purifier, it is prudent to run a 51 chloro as well. I don't see this changing with Storm Legion, and there will likely be better builds to heal in 5/10-mans.

Looking like 54 puri will be the go-to spec with 22 sent. I've done some testing already and this seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    In a raid environment (and on live) 51 Purifier synergizes perfectly with a 51 chloro. The damage reduction/absorbs are effective even when the tank is topped off, and the chloro helps them get topped off with raw hps.

In any circumstance you'd use a 51 Purifier, it is prudent to run a 51 chloro as well. I don't see this changing with Storm Legion, and there will likely be better builds to heal in 5/10-mans.
    Although I have not done ID, in previous raids in which I was forced to heal I was able to solo MT heal with out feeling I needed other healers (our chloro was bad so we used warden, inqcar and senticar) to support me. The warden would heal our rogue off tank with the senticar and both would take care of aoe heal while I solely healed MT (GSB, RoS all 10 mans and I think after the second round of nerfs for HK was when my last guild was actually HK ready although I inqcar'd in other guilds before nerfs).

As of now I feel it would improbable for puris to MT heal raids without having someone else actually spot heal with them.
    Not saying that's a bad things, just saying.

Asphodel`s Pruifer Crystal

The (4) Tooltips says: Causes the Cleri´s Wards to reduce damage taken by the target by 100 for 10s.

That dont mean 100%, have tryed it and still getting damage.
    Is it just 100 Points more per Ward or is the tooltip wrong?

Best wishes!

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team
    I will probably have to say this a few million times in here, but before assuming that anything is just like it is in Live, TRY IT OUT. The numbers on pretty much everything are different. Many numbers have already changed since we even took the build for beta. Those numbers will probably change a couple more times before 1.11 hits. Try it out, then report what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    The (4) Tooltips says: Causes the Cleri´s Wards to reduce damage taken by the target by 100 for 10s.

That dont mean 100%, have tryed it and still getting damage.
    Is it just 100 Points more per Ward or is the tooltip wrong?
    While the buff is up, the damage the target takes is reduced by 100. If they would have taken 1000, they'll take 900 instead. It's not an absorb, so it doesn't run out, it's just a straight up reduction of a flat amount of damage per hit.

While the buff is up, the damage the target takes is reduced by 100. If they would have taken 1000, they'll take 900 instead. It's not an absorb, so it doesn't run out, it's just a straight up reduction of a flat amount of damage per hit.
    Mh ok have tryed it with another Player before writing it down, but we havent seen a difference between having the buff or dont having it, so i have asked.
    But this is difficulty to test, cause the incomming damage by spells vary a lot, so if there are 2500 instead of 2600 do not attract attention.

But i understand now what is meaning by the tooltip.

Have healed with 51 Purifer, 10 Sentinel and 5 Inquisitor a 5 Instance.
    It holds a lot of Fun, if you holds up Symbol of the Sun on the Tank and then Symbol of the Hearth on the Group there bolster of absorb until the Groupmates take damage.

There are just 2 things i have noticed:

1. If you dont have an extra Grouphealer, you will get some "panic" situations if the Absorbes are not ready and the Group gets massiv damage, you just can spam Healing breath or ward of scorching to heal your mates up.

2. The Symbols have a large random amount of what they absorbs, sometimes the Symbol of the Hearth aborbs more damage on the tank then Symbol of the Sun, and the differences in absorbing between the uses of Symbol of the Heart are very large, that will make a a bit hard to prevent the group from getting damage i think.

But here i must say the Purifer should be a Tankhealer and it makes a lot of fun to heal with the Soul sometimes The differences of the Absorbes are wide apart, that confused me a bit.

Best wishes

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team
    Remember that all absorbs can crit now. Also, pro tip for new Purifier: put Symbol of the Sun on a macro with Ward of Fire. It's better HPS, so it's nice to just always put that up first if it's available.

If you want more group healing, just splash points into Warden. Try the Steam Punk preset out for a nice combo. Of course, it gets better higher up when you get Shared Excess.

Remember that all absorbs can crit now. Also, pro tip for new Purifier: put Symbol of the Sun on a macro with Ward of Fire. It's better HPS, so it's nice to just always put that up first if it's available.
    Thanks ! I will try it.

If you want more group healing, just splash points into Warden. Try the Steam Punk preset out for a nice combo. Of course, it gets better higher up when you get Shared Excess.
    Ok, for normal, i dont linke hybrid specs but i will try it, but now first i try out to heal with the Defiler and give feedback

"While the buff is up, the damage the target takes is reduced by 100. If they would have taken 1000, they'll take 900 instead. It's not an absorb, so it doesn't run out, it's just a straight up reduction of a flat amount of damage per hit."

Is it before or after mitig etc ?

I already asked it in another topic, but are we still immune to pushback while casting an heavy spell(wards), if not, isn't it... bit hard to heal when there is so much pushback you cant cast a spell ? do we have to take the 2pts in sent ?

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended. Caregivers blessing seems to have its own chance to crit independent of whatever heal your using.

For example lets say I cast ward of fire on a tank. Ward of fire will leave the ward of fire shield and the caregivers blessing shield on the tank. Ward of fire may or may not crit. If it crits the shield component of ward of fire will also crit. However the caregivers blessing shield may or may not crit regardless of if ward of fire crits.

Example of wat may happen
    1. Ward of Fire crits, Caregivers crits
    2. Ward of fire crits Caregivers does not crit
    3. Ward of fire does not crit caregivers blessing does crit
    4. Ward of fire does not crit caregivers blessing does not crit.

Right now scenario 2 and 3 seem to be much more likely then 1 and 4.

Also it seems like casting flash over DOES NOT guarantee a caregivers blessing crit

Would you guys be able to grab some estimated numbers on the effectiveness of Purifiers? I'm gonna try to put together some feedback, but I need a point of reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Armine View Post
    Would you guys be able to grab some estimated numbers on the effectiveness of Purifiers? I'm gonna try to put together some feedback, but I need a point of reference.
    what do you mean exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubia View Post
    I already asked it in another topic, but are we still immune to pushback while casting an heavy spell(wards), if not, isn't it... bit hard to heal when there is so much pushback you cant cast a spell ? do we have to take the 2pts in sent ?
    Nope, Ward of Flame is not currently immune to pushback (hint, hint). And iirc, the Sentinel talent only provides a %, and not full immunity..?

The changes to Purifier are going to take me a bit to get my head around I think. Most notably the Gathering of the Ancestors vs Symbol of the Hearth. May I ask why the changing the number of targets down to 7 from 10? I seem to get the feeling that it's related to the cooldown - or lack thereof. I have no strong feelings about that change however, it'll just be something that needs getting used to.

Just from running Purifier variants through the first dungeon today, parts of it feel like it will need support from other healers - at least til the soul revamp is more familiar.

Oh, one last thing: combat log. Pretty please could we have a better way of tracking the absorption?

Quote Originally Posted by Arasaadi View Post
    Nope, Ward of Flame is not currently immune to pushback (hint, hint). And iirc, the Sentinel talent only provides a %, and not full immunity..?

The changes to Purifier are going to take me a bit to get my head around I think. Most notably the Gathering of the Ancestors vs Symbol of the Hearth. May I ask why the changing the number of targets down to 7 from 10? I seem to get the feeling that it's related to the cooldown - or lack thereof. I have no strong feelings about that change however, it'll just be something that needs getting used to.

Just from running Purifier variants through the first dungeon today, parts of it feel like it will need support from other healers - at least til the soul revamp is more familiar.

Oh, one last thing: combat log. Pretty please could we have a better way of tracking the absorption?
    One skill may be limited to 7 targets, but keep in mind Purifier now has TWO aoe shields.
    <Vendetta>

Quote Originally Posted by Arasaadi View Post

I track with act parser and it shows the absorbes in general really well.

And yes the full (not pull ) purifer needs a little support from a second soul, like warden to have a good grp heal too.

+ Reply to Thread