+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: concerned about high end content

Quote Originally Posted by Coooki3 View Post
    SO provided so much to this expansion already if only you had any idea, I don't know who you are or what guild you are in but trion needs the best players to test their content and figure out the best specs.

The problem is not that SO or any other guild can test the content. The problem is that certains guilds like SO or other get a special acces to the SL beta serveur and other players couldn't hope getting an acces.
    They could acces the beta all the time even when there is no beta event.
    They could acces ALL zones and ALL dongeons.

Why them and not us?
    No real reason.
    Trion should give perma acces to many kind of players, not only to the top guilds.
    --> More categorys of players, better testing, better expantion.

Only solution:
    Give alpha acces to players who are not in top guildes and allow every player to have a chance to test the future content.

ID test were a mistake. It seems that once again, Trion made a mistake by letting only top guilds to test.
    There are many quality players who could be great testers in guilds wicth aren't in the mondial top.

There are lots of kinds of players in Alpha. If you watched the Tactician Livestream you would have seen Gersh got Elrar to take a screenshot so they could invite all the players in his instant adventure to test.

For raid testing which guilds get picked is a contentious and difficult issue. The main restriction is that the devs only have so many hours in the day when they can sit in with guilds to get feedback. Faced with that situation they need to use their time efficiently and get high quality feedback. There's no point bringing along most guilds because they can't even complete existing content and often aren't as organised or able to sacrifice progression nights to test. Usually people who make the best testers are the ones who understand the game mechanics well and are able to accurately explain any issues they encounter and possible ways to avoid or exploit encounters. Most of these people are in top guilds so it makes sense to use them to test.

I don't have any affiliation with SO but from my near 2 months in Alpha I can say without a doubt they have provided more feedback than pretty much everyone else combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    One thing I'm interested to see is how difficult the first tier of content is in SL, and how casual players react to it. GSB and ROS weren't puggable, at least not in the traditional sense, for months (I still have pugs wipe on Herald). But for months we've had weekly raid quests, and those T1 raids have been puggable rather easily.

I hope Trion makes the first tier of raids in SL around the same difficulty level (or higher, but I doubt that) as GSB/Ros at launch. And if they do I'm curious how the casual players will react to having this activity they've taken for granted for a while now pulled out from under them.

Same for experts to an extent, but I'm not sure how they could do that with the removal of "T2's" and the addition of LFG.
    That's a sword you don't want trion to swing. There are hardcore players here, but they are vastly outnumbered by casual people, with respect to at least amount of time they play, if not their mindsets. A game like rift is only profitable to the extent that this is, because of casual players..alienate too many, and trion's ability to put resources into this game will decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    There are lots of kinds of players in Alpha. If you watched the Tactician Livestream you would have seen Gersh got Elrar to take a screenshot so they could invite all the players in his instant adventure to test.

For raid testing which guilds get picked is a contentious and difficult issue. The main restriction is that the devs only have so many hours in the day when they can sit in with guilds to get feedback. Faced with that situation they need to use their time efficiently and get high quality feedback. There's no point bringing along most guilds because they can't even complete existing content and often aren't as organised or able to sacrifice progression nights to test. Usually people who make the best testers are the ones who understand the game mechanics well and are able to accurately explain any issues they encounter and possible ways to avoid or exploit encounters. Most of these people are in top guilds so it makes sense to use them to test.

I don't have any affiliation with SO but from my near 2 months in Alpha I can say without a doubt they have provided more feedback than pretty much everyone else combined.
    Well said primal

If every casual player known to man could test the raids they would be so messed up its unreal. The tests are focused and to the point there is no time to sit around waiting dev's cant waste there time with people that provide no useful feedback to encounters.
    Coookie - Special Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    The problem is not that SO or any other guild can test the content. The problem is that certains guilds like SO or other get a special acces to the SL beta serveur and other players couldn't hope getting an acces.
    They could acces the beta all the time even when there is no beta event.
    They could acces ALL zones and ALL dongeons.

Why them and not us?
    No real reason.
    Trion should give perma acces to many kind of players, not only to the top guilds.
    --> More categorys of players, better testing, better expantion.

Only solution:
    Give alpha acces to players who are not in top guildes and allow every player to have a chance to test the future content.

ID test were a mistake. It seems that once again, Trion made a mistake by letting only top guilds to test.
    There are many quality players who could be great testers in guilds wicth aren't in the mondial top.
    Every type of player? Even ones with poor grammar?

Quote Originally Posted by anglan View Post
    Well said primal
    I agree, very well said!
    GunnyWood
    Rift Riders Guild Leader
    DeepWood Guardian-Warrior

+ Reply to Thread