+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: concerned about high end content

concerned about high end content

i noticed that trinity and fires of heaven are your guild alpha testers for high end content.but these players are min/max hardcore raiders.if you recall trion hand to redo many raid encounts at rift's lauch due to the same thing.casaul raiders/player were not able to finish end game content.

Quote Originally Posted by lamsai View Post
    i noticed that trinity and fires of heaven are your guild alpha testers for high end content.but these players are min/max hardcore raiders.if you recall trion hand to redo many raid encounts at rift's lauch due to the same thing.casaul raiders/player were not able to finish end game content.
    This is by no means true, no guilds have been specified to test any content at this point. There are tons of guilds with players in both Alpha and Beta and you will see tons of different guild tags on the server.

I wouldn't go crying about stuff until trion makes announcements.

And just so you know Alpha testers haven't even started full level 60 testing at this point, so raid testing is still a ways off.

also IMHO casual players shouldn't be able to clear raid content... casuals can clear it when the next teir of gear comes out and it trivializes the fights.

This is simply not really true. At launch the endgame content was fine, if a little on the easy side. It wasn't until HK that raiders ran into more brick wall type raid encounters, which is fine because it was the next tier.

Also I'm fairly sure Special Olympics is doing some alpha testing as well, since I've seen a few of the people I know from SO that are in their mid to late 50's.

None the less the thread is interesting . I too wonder what direction trion is gonna go with the raid content in SL. If they are gonna make normal/hardmode raid zones or what they have planned.

We must be a really old guild !

HK was a really good raid. It was hard at the start and then it slowly got nerfed over 2 months to the point where everyone could clear it. Akylios got nerfed to much it's a joke now. Same stuff is already being done in ID.

Don't forget there are 2 types of players Trion needs to keep happy, which is the hardcore ones and the casual ones. In the end, everyone gets to see everything ! No harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelady View Post
    We must be a really old guild !

HK was a really good raid. It was hard at the start and then it slowly got nerfed over 2 months to the point where everyone could clear it. Akylios got nerfed to much it's a joke now. Same stuff is already being done in ID.

Don't forget there are 2 types of players Trion needs to keep happy, which is the hardcore ones and the casual ones. In the end, everyone gets to see everything ! No harm done.
    Agreed, Hk was really awesome. Especially the button floor, but i think part of it was also just the race that was going on in HK. The feeling of taking down a boss, no matter which, was amazing. Comparing that to ID, the race for bosses were pretty much non existing, and there was no real pride in going 5/8.

i think and hope the feeling to equip yourself at 60 will be like it was on 50, i hope it, have made o lot of fun and a large time amount, hope at 60, it will be the same

Akylios is no joke even after all the nerfs. Some guilds spent as long as 8 months wiping to Akylios, losing members, rebuilding their raid teams, wiping to Aky some more, losing more raiders, etc before they were finally able to down the squid and most of that was after the nerfs were made. I do like the system Trion uses - create an extremely difficult raid that even the best guilds will take a week or two to kill each boss and then gradually, as more and more guilds clear those bosses, progressively nerf them until eventually every player who wants to can at least get a shot at all of the bosses.

Hardcore raiders will always complain that the nerfs make bosses too easy and casual raiders will always complain that they can't beat bosses until they get nerfed. That's just the lay of the land and since both sets are paying the same amount of money to play Rift they should both get to experience the same amount of content and not be held back by a boss that is too difficult for their guild to defeat or let down by a boss that's so easy they wonder if it wasn't just another trash pull. The key is in timing the nerfs to give hardcore raiders the fun they deserve without making the more casual or not quite as skilled raiders wipe to the same boss for two months straight. I'd say kudos to Trion for succeeding at that for the most part but there have been a few bosses that they didn't handle quite right (Akylios to name just one). If they can successfully balance difficulty over time with these new dungeons/raids then I'll definitely be looking forward to tackling them a few months after the hardcore guilds sweep through their full clears and the first few nerfs are made.

In the end, everyone gets to see everything ! No harm done.
    No harm done if the lessons of ID testing are learned and select guilds arent given massive advantages in progression raiding by testing/killing encounters. It makes the playing field uneven.

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    No harm done if the lessons of ID testing are learned and select guilds arent given massive advantages in progression raiding by testing/killing encounters. It makes the playing field uneven.
    If the lessons of ID were learned then there will be no gating and normal, proper ways will be used to delay progress, like gear difference for example. No harm was done in HK because by the time people had the gear to kill bosses, everyone knew the tactics

You should realize that it isn't just those two guilds testing raid/expert/whatever content in Rift:Storm Legion.
    --bc
    HL3 CONFIRMED

Casual players also won't be ready for end-game content when it first appears, they'll still be leveling up. By the time the casual players start raiding, I would imagine that content will be nerfed down.

At the end of the day, some people consider raiding competitive and there's nothing wrong with that. In my opinion, Trion should start by making fights virtually impossible then slowly nerf it down until someone completes it. Competitive raiding should be about how good your team is, not what time your raid started.

The simplest mechanic would simply be to modify boss HP, starting high, then tweak down in small increments until someone completes a fight.

While the hardcore players post no end of complaints about nerfs and dumbing things down, at the end of the day, they're probably secretly glad. All the nerfs really mean is that farm content gets a touch easier, runs go a little faster.

Say what you will about the ID unlocks and initial release, but Trion has done an excellent job with ID post-release. The nerfs have helped many guilds push farther into ID, and adding things like HM Mak have added a bonus challenge back for players.

If the lessons of ID were learned ..
    If ID lessons were learned then SO wouldnt be testing for more then just a couple of reasons.

i noticed that trinity and fires of heaven are your guild alpha testers for high end content.but these players are min/max hardcore raiders.
    FoH still plays Rift? I thought they quit becuase ID was too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    If ID lessons were learned then SO wouldnt be testing for more then just a couple of reasons.
    dont worry bro, there will be more than enough bugs for u to exploitz to win this time around, no need to be jelly

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    SO provided so much to this expansion already if only you had any idea, I don't know who you are or what guild you are in but trion needs the best players to test their content and figure out the best specs.
    Coookie - Special Olympics

These sorts of threads have been locked multiple times on LIVE.
    Don't go there again please, don't restart old fires.

Fact

More Pew Pew...... Less QQ

One thing I'm interested to see is how difficult the first tier of content is in SL, and how casual players react to it. GSB and ROS weren't puggable, at least not in the traditional sense, for months (I still have pugs wipe on Herald). But for months we've had weekly raid quests, and those T1 raids have been puggable rather easily.

I hope Trion makes the first tier of raids in SL around the same difficulty level (or higher, but I doubt that) as GSB/Ros at launch. And if they do I'm curious how the casual players will react to having this activity they've taken for granted for a while now pulled out from under them.

Same for experts to an extent, but I'm not sure how they could do that with the removal of "T2's" and the addition of LFG.

+ Reply to Thread