+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Houses

Houses

I badly want real houses in the dimensions. Perhaps an item you can buy to place the house into the dimension maybe?

You can fake it with planks and boards and such... but it just doesn't look nearly as nice.

(I LOVED my stronghold in EQ2... decorated the heck out of it

I agree with this; there should be premade houses of different size and style (and cost, of course!) that you can add to dimensions. I'd really rather not have the only buildings in dimensions be either ones that already exist in the normal world, or are entirely constructed from decorative objects that weren't really meant to make houses (not to mention that the item limit means building your house from decorations cuts into your total budget).

I agree. Perhaps reasonably priced houses or at least pre-built additional to existing houses would be nice.

Eventually, being a dwarf and all, would love to have one of them houses out in Moonshade and not that desert oasis themed area. In other words, I hope there will be more areas available in the near future. So far so good, looking forward to completing dungeons and such to find more stuff to put in.

Would also love to see placeable houses in Dimensions.

Same here, actual houses.

Well with the Minecraft way (block by block) you get uniqe houses - but it takes ages to build something that is bigger as a small room.

With a few preset houses - everyone (or most) will use those so you lose uniqueness.
    Maybe something inbetween - preset houses that you can still modify to suit your needs. (like destroy a wall and stick 2 houses together to get a big one).
    Or - what i would prefer - a way to build big buildings faster.

Constucting houses

It would be really nice if some form of "house construction kit" could be done. Like where you have wall building tools, and window/door options. That way everyone can get a fairly unique house without it taking forever to build?

Personaly I think giving us a broad variety of pieces and decorations to inovate with will be much more producitve then just selling us prebuilt house's in the dimensions. The only problem I have with the curent set up is variety and Item space. Which I think perhaps item space is the big one. Defnently needs a rethink.

I supose for the people who would rather not spend the majority of there time in game engineering attractive buildings , preset buildings would be nice. But I personaly like the idea of building my own structures.

I loved eq 2 and still do for that very reason. The best home to own is Tene Isle for the large item count limit and completely open and large freebuild space. Although I managed to re-envision the rest of the homes as well.

in the last video i saw a dev talked about an addon which is able to export "designs" and everbody could import these into their own dimensions. so after a few weeks there will be a variety of houses everbody can use.

I whole heartily agree with this as an option to building. No matter what materials we choose to build with these houses still look either like Barney Rubble's house or the matchstick houses we built as kids, or, remember the paddle pole ice-cream sticks?

No decorative ornamentation around the (non) doors or (non) windows. No floral, Leaf carving, Gothic, Grecian, Roman, Tudor, Elizabethan or any thing else to make the house a home. Not to mention plank number 459, block number 680... add it up.

There are those who will want to do this, good, great for them..

As a side note, I was looking at some paintings on board the ship out on the little island for the first event, the Endeavour. Dull, blurred, bland.

Where are my carpets?

+ Reply to Thread