+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extra Role Slots?

Extra Role Slots?

So beta has allot of features to show us what is to come for SL. However, I don't see any extra role slots. How about it devs? Are we getting an extra slot(s) or not?

Magic mit tank
    Phys mit tank
    General purpose tank
    ST DPS
    AOE DPS
    Ranged DPS
    Support
    Solo

I'm hoping so. Heh.

I agree, a couple more role slots would be really useful There's even space already in the souls interface, since the roles we already have have been shifted on the right, leaving a nice little space on the left for two more roles...

Pretty please?

From what it appears like if u open the soul tree window, there might be enough space for 3 more role spots. Not sure if its gonna happen or not.

I wouldn't mind tho, having a dynamic slot. Where u save presets at ur class' NPC, that includes the role and the hotbars. And for a minimal fee, u can load that spec from the NPC

yes 1-4 extra role slots would be very pretty^^

Definitely room for 3 more slots in that row.

Or even a UI command to save a role setting (soul combo, macro and hotbar setup) in your hard drive. Similar the /saveequip /loadequip commands. Then extra slots would be unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    Magic mit tank
    Phys mit tank
    General purpose tank
    ST DPS
    AOE DPS
    Ranged DPS
    Support
    Solo

I'm hoping so. Heh.
    You forgot Ranged PvP, Melee PvP, Support PvP, and Healy PvP. (Of course some trimming for warriors.)
    Slinging arrows for Realm Guardians on Greybriar while dancing around Maelforge's corpse.

There does already seem to be a way to save particular roles for immediate loading - the soul presets. And there seem to be quite a few. There also seems to be room in this interface for more (I see a greyed out scroll bar in the preset listing window).

So I am not sure if the devs are going to do this in the future but how cool would it be to allow users to put in their own presets and even share them with others in game. Perhaps they could even allow for macros to be included i.e. when you load a preset, the macros that you have put with it become readily available to load into hot bars.

But as for the original post... yes, more role slots please.

+ Reply to Thread