+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: weapon smithing

weapon smithing

i found the gem matts huge pain to gather.to get from 300 to 310 i had to harvest 344 ore to get enough gems.is there some other way to get gems? buy with planarite or something?

I got something like 25-30 gem (both type - the initial stone) from aroung 100 node.

I don't know if it deserve this on thread (i believe this one is a good one for it) but i think it could be good to move the forge next to the bench.
    As a weapon smith you often need both so it would make it easier for us. The example i ghave in mind is in tuldio retreat. The laboratory is between the 2.

It's not really needed it's just somethink i thought of. In addition if there is any other profession that need 2 and get an advantage with the current positionning forget what i said

Going to jump in this one and give my thoughts on progression through the weaponsmith skill ranks.

So far I'm stuck on 339/340 my last skill point is not coming I have currently made 8 of the Karthite Halberds (yellow in skill) and I am not able to get my last skill point to get to the next craft items.

The 330 skill items from the trainer Karthite Halberds and Karthite Daggers both went yellow at around 334 skill (this has happened since 320 skill) meaning it has been more difficult to get the skill ups as we progress as the items are going yellow to fast.

Now I understand that some of us are ok with a slow progression but as the gems are random and the cloth is from what I am seeing still a low drop rate and the halberds plan uses gems and the daggers cloth my progression has stalled to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkknight View Post
    Going to jump in this one and give my thoughts on progression through the weaponsmith skill ranks.

So far I'm stuck on 349/350 my last skill point is not coming I have currently made 8 of the Karthite Halberds (yellow in skill) and I am not able to get my last skill point to get to the next craft items.

The 340 skill items from the trainer Karthite Halberds and Karthite Daggers both went yellow at around 344 skill (this has happened since 330 skill) meaning it has been more difficult to get the skill ups as we progress as the items are going yellow to fast.

Now I understand that some of us are ok with a slow progression but as the gems are random and the cloth is from what I am seeing still a low drop rate and the halberds plan uses gems and the daggers cloth my progression has stalled to nothing.
    Damn edit timer, changed the skill levels to the correct amounts 340/350.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayeran View Post
    I got something like 25-30 gem (both type - the initial stone) from aroung 100 node.

I don't know if it deserve this on thread (i believe this one is a good one for it) but i think it could be good to move the forge next to the bench.
    As a weapon smith you often need both so it would make it easier for us. The example i ghave in mind is in tuldio retreat. The laboratory is between the 2.

It's not really needed it's just somethink i thought of. In addition if there is any other profession that need 2 and get an advantage with the current positionning forget what i said
    I wasn't too pleased with the addition of gems into our recipes, but the idea is GRANDmaster crafting so if I have to go to the extra trouble then so be it.

I agree with the forge/workbench placement, it is minor, but would be helpful.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team
    I've reduced the gem requirements of the Weaponsmith and Artificer recipes by about half.

It should be in the next beta build or possibly the one after that.

Additionally, at skill 305, weaponsmithing seems to have no trained or bought recipes that will be orange. Everything is yellow or green. Is this intentional?

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team
    Yes. The new progression for crafting is that most recipes will only remain Orange for 5 skill points, Yellow for 5 skill points and then Green for 10 skill points; with most recipes being spread by 10 points.

So, you won't always have an Orange recipe to get skill ups, but you should always have a Yellow recipe with a very high chance to award skill ups.

Additionally, you should be able to get from 300-375 on Uncommon quality recipes from just the trainer alone (generally with at least 2 recipes). Additional recipes from the Artisan Store, Faction merchants, Dungeon drops and from the Daily Quest reward bag will only supplement your leveling.

This should provide a slow but steady progression for most crafters; allowing them to level up with a minimal amount of frustration while making the crafting leveling experience feel a little more involved and rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Taleen View Post
    Yes. The new progression for crafting is that most recipes will only remain Orange for 5 skill points, Yellow for 5 skill points and then Green for 10 skill points; with most recipes being spread by 10 points.

So, you won't always have an Orange recipe to get skill ups, but you should always have a Yellow recipe with a very high chance to award skill ups.

Additionally, you should be able to get from 300-375 on Uncommon quality recipes from just the trainer alone (generally with at least 2 recipes). Additional recipes from the Artisan Store, Faction merchants, Dungeon drops and from the Daily Quest reward bag will only supplement your leveling.

This should provide a slow but steady progression for most crafters; allowing them to level up with a minimal amount of frustration while making the crafting leveling experience feel a little more involved and rewarding.
    Armorsmith from 370 has no yellow or orange recipes, unless you purchase Rhenium Helm (or something of the ilk) from the recipe vendor. There is nothing from the Grandmaster Trainer that will get you yellow or orange when you hit 370.
    Lemming@Greybriar

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team
    Ah, good catch. It looks like after the last pass of moving around some recipes there's a gap from 370-375 in several of them. I'll take a look at the progression and see where I can move one or two around to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taleen View Post
    Ah, good catch. It looks like after the last pass of moving around some recipes there's a gap from 370-375 in several of them. I'll take a look at the progression and see where I can move one or two around to fix this.
    I think everyone that caught this bug should recieve /cookies.
    Lemming@Greybriar

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team
    There are now 2 Rare quality recipes on each trainer (Artificer, Armorsmith, Outfitter and Weaponsmith) at skill 370.

They are, admittedly, pretty pricey in materials to craft, but they are really good items (on par with level 60 normal dungeon drops) and guaranteed skill points to 375.

Available on Beta soonish™.

One thing I want to add - it seems like almost every weapon smith recipe needs lumber.
    Since my main does not have gatherer as a profession, it seems really hard to level sometimes. Can't you just make some recipes that need more ore but instead have no wood requirements?

Checking through the recipes today (beta 3) I notice that there are only a few spell damage increasing weapons for mages and the highest is Karthite Stiletto at level 54. With no swords at all for mages even though Vicious Karthite Saber is flagged for mage use it is a melee dps weapon.

With the introduction of the Harbringer is this something that has been overlooked as I can potentially see alot of annoyed mages running about at 55+ with a very outdated weapon. Especially as the best weapon we can make is the Luminous Gantimite Spellcutter which is a level 52 weapon.

+ Reply to Thread