+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deal breaker or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwick View Post
    Well, so far they aren't meeting those goals. Range is FAR better than melee across every calling including warrior with tempest.

Melee AOE is hitting the 3.5k-4k damage with champ, but thats 3 mobs combined and then you're energy starved.

I have a rogue and mage both sitting at 50, when planar attunement gets combined it will be a tough choice to stay warrior.
    Champion can pull 6k DPS on AOE (3-targets) at level 50 (expect it a lot higher when you hit levle 60). Pulls 3-4k ST. NO POWER STARVATION. Only way for you to pull 6k AOE DPS on Champion is with a proper rotation. It's no longer Bladefury frenzy <_<

Paragon can pull up to 6k DPS on ST at level 50. AOE? Play Champ. NO POWER STARVATION.

Riftblade can pull up to 5.5k DPS on ST at level 50 (expect it a lot higher when you hit level 60). INSANE POWER STARVATION if your Riftwalk does not proc and you're not running with Living Energy/Fervor.

These are the three builds I tested, besides the bugged Reaver spec.

I ended up having power stavation issues with Paragon AND champ after about 7 mins parsing with them. BM and Rift had huge power starvation issues really fast even with fervor (looks like they dropped fervor from 13% to 5%, which doesn't help). I love BM and much like a previous post will prolly be playing BM/Temp for leveling/grinding and either BM/champ or BM/rift for raids for support. Huge BM fan, fyi.

For pure ST dps, fell in love with the paragon. AOE with the Champ was weird playing and Tempest was enjoyable. Haven't looked at Hybrid builds just yet, just straight 51 builds. So far, I'm loving the warrior.

Will probably play my warrior some, but nothing I saw in Warriors comes close to how fun Harbinger was. There was literally no mana starvation whatsoever and the survivability was insane.

You can not gut the champion tree...destroy our tanking builds and then expect us to be happy. Reaver was the only reason I tanked in this game and it was turned into some complicated mess that was not needed.

Now instead of mechanics I am more concerned with having a perfect rotation because burst in the game has just gone to insane levels. I mean congratulations.

If the goal was to make WoW fanbois who cried you could macro in Rift well you accomplished it, but you managed to alienate your current player base.

There is zero comparison here. My mage LITERALLY just turned 50 yesterday. He was wearing barely any gear and has SEVENTY SIX FOCUS and a lvl 33 source machine. He pulled 2,0000+ ST on NPC's with 26,000 health and never went below 80% health.

wtf is the point of bringing a warrior to a raid anymore if our aoe damage just got destroyed and Harbinger can single better then use in melee or they can switch builds and go ranged.

Tempest needs a HEAVY HEAVY dps boost to be considered viable compared to mages who now have viable melee/ranged/ and heal builds.

Last time i checked War ST dps is ahead of everyone else by a mile, (without abusing bugs that is).

War AOE dps, ahead also by a mile, u guys just QQ QQQ QQQQ without actually testing them out in a real environment, i frankly dont give a flying duck how poorly war do at lvling compare to a harbinger, 99% of my play time in the future rift is not gonna be spending on leveling. maybe urs will.

Also not buying the complication of reaver part, if u are lazy, just spam blood fever and nothing else like u do on Live, guess what, u be FINE <---. if u want to do some more, feel free to use some more buttons.

Lastly, i can dial a number of 12 digits to my grand parents in another country without looking at the number pad, im pretty sure u can manage the simple 10 buttons in a row after lil bit of practise.

Clearly you are fine with being pigeon holed into SLI again Sharog, but I am not. We have several viable builds on live and anyone with half a brain can see where this is going. Every warrior will either go Paragon or go to another class until it is fixed.

I am sorry, but they just turned mage into a viable melee class while Tempest cannot be viable because warriors wear plate. Mages get a spammable 40% dodge button, but we have to be limited.

If there goal was to appeal to the WoW fanbase who likes having a screen full of buttons on all their actions bars then they achieved it. Noone can say warriors are a macro fest anymore with a straight face.

It will take some time to get used too, but in a live enviroment where we are constantly having to move these complicated rotations will backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Clearly you are fine with being pigeon holed into SLI again Sharog, but I am not. We have several viable builds on live and anyone with half a brain can see where this is going. Every warrior will either go Paragon or go to another class until it is fixed.

I am sorry, but they just turned mage into a viable melee class while Tempest cannot be viable because warriors wear plate. Mages get a spammable 40% dodge button, but we have to be limited.

If there goal was to appeal to the WoW fanbase who likes having a screen full of buttons on all their actions bars then they achieved it. Noone can say warriors are a macro fest anymore with a straight face.

It will take some time to get used too, but in a live enviroment where we are constantly having to move these complicated rotations will backfire.
    RB is putting same numbers as Par atm, while capable of doing huge AOE at the same time. and RB hybrid in to tempest having highest ranged ST dps in game, also CH ST is not half bad at 60 btw,

Threads like these are what shouldn't be happening in a beta. Everything is in flux, give feedback in the form of raw data, without bias, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharog View Post
    RB is putting same numbers as Par atm, while capable of doing huge AOE at the same time. and RB hybrid in to tempest having highest ranged ST dps in game, also CH ST is not half bad at 60 btw,
    I did try that RB/Temp, but had some power issues and I was trying to find a rhythm for the rotations that made it feel natural. I need to know what that Temp synergy crystal is going to say.

Next build I am expecting some nerfs to keep us from being pigeon holed. Harb is going to take a hit I bet. The numbers are just too high.

Last time i checked War ST dps is ahead of everyone else by a mile, (without abusing bugs that is).

War AOE dps, ahead also by a mile, u guys just QQ QQQ QQQQ without actually testing them out in a real environment, i frankly dont give a flying duck how poorly war do at lvling compare to a harbinger, 99% of my play time in the future rift is not gonna be spending on leveling. maybe urs will.

Also not buying the complication of reaver part, if u are lazy, just spam blood fever and nothing else like u do on Live, guess what, u be FINE <---. if u want to do some more, feel free to use some more buttons.

Lastly, i can dial a number of 12 digits to my grand parents in another country without looking at the number pad, im pretty sure u can manage the simple 10 buttons in a row after lil bit of practise.
    The problem is that you are giving dps numbers to specs that are going to be changed. IF YOU ACTUALLY THINK they are going to stay like this you are just fooling yourself. For the most part it just looks like they placed abilities there and didn't put the proper cds for every class. Also you can tank practically every boss in the first dungeon with a ranger pet and it won't die. War dps is bugged just like the rest of the other classes that have bugs. Actually it looks like they made them bugged so people will level faster and see more of the zones to have better testing done. Every class is bugged. Nothing will be remotely close to what it is. If you want to be an internal tester..listen to what they say in rogue video..they are looking for feedback on low leveling. Such as if rank 1 is out performing rank 2 type bugs. Doing parses now is a complete waste of time and offers no feed back that is going to make a difference because dps will definitely change since EVERY CLASS has bugs that are pulling high numbers and NO NOT JUST ROGUE.

I can dial a number of 12 digits to my grand parents in another country without looking at the number pad
    I'm definitely making this my signature on the live forums :P U a badass!

Because a 3x3 number pad is so similar to a 10 number long row of buttons right?

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Because a 3x3 number pad is so similar to a 10 number long row of buttons right?
    You can arrange your skills in a grid

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnz View Post
    You can arrange your skills in a grid
    You realize that doesn't actually change the layout on your physical keyboard? Unless you want to not use your keyboard for movement, in which case enjoy being bad.

You realize that doesn't actually change the layout on your physical keyboard? Unless you want to not use your keyboard for movement, in which case enjoy being bad.
    i dont bind 10 buttons in a long row either, maybe u do, in which case enjoy beeing bad.

You can keybind your skills in a grid

I only use 1-5 and sometimes 6 horizontally speaking, using the entire length of a keyboard while also trying to move is a terrible idea

I only use 1-5 and sometimes 6 horizontally speaking, using the entire length of a keyboard while also trying to move is a terrible idea
    Having nice big hands helps.

Number pad. That's 16 buttons in very very close proximity.
    Lemming@Greybriar

Will probably play my warrior some, but nothing I saw in Warriors comes close to how fun Harbinger was. There was literally no mana starvation whatsoever and the survivability was insane.
    Try facing stuff that can actually kill you.
    It is a known fact that most of the mobs in beta couldn't do much to you no matter the spec.
    Hell I ran around in a 51 SC glass cannon spec and decimated mobs.

Of course if you are comparing survival builds then why are you comparing a glass cannon to survival based builds?

Now instead of mechanics I am more concerned with having a perfect rotation because burst in the game has just gone to insane levels. I mean congratulations.

If the goal was to make WoW fanbois who cried you could macro in Rift well you accomplished it, but you managed to alienate your current player base.
    Alienated the player base?
    Don't speak for me please.

There is zero comparison here. My mage LITERALLY just turned 50 yesterday. He was wearing barely any gear and has SEVENTY SIX FOCUS and a lvl 33 source machine. He pulled 2,0000+ ST on NPC's with 26,000 health and never went below 80% health.
    Your point?
    I pulled 3k with my level 50 Warrior who doesn't have much if any notable gear.
    Are you honestly trying to say yo are giving an accurate comparison of mage to warrior using an undergeared mage?

You do realize ID geared Warrior> ID geared mage when it comes to ST parses right?
    Best ST parse for a mage is around 5.2k, Warriors rock at the same level and even higher with Paragon.

wtf is the point of bringing a warrior to a raid anymore if our aoe damage just got destroyed
    It all got moved into CHamp.
    Mages have been dealing with this scenario forever now.
    and Harbinger can single better then use in melee or they can switch builds and go ranged.
    Harbinger doesn't do single better than Warriors.
    We're talking 4.3k tops with a Stormcaller crystal currently.
    Warriors blow that right out of the water.

Let alone Warriors can switch specs and go ranged as well.

Tempest needs a HEAVY HEAVY dps boost to be considered viable compared to mages who now have viable melee/ranged/ and heal builds.
    Funny stuff.

The only deal breaker for alot of warriors is the addition of all the instants and poor energy regeneration. If both don't get fix fast we will be regretting our decesion to buy Storm Legion. I mean seriously. Who exactly promoted these ideas? I promise you no warrior is for changes like these.

Trion - Fix energy issues and remove the instants so we can use macros. It is just stupid and never should have been implmented in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Try facing stuff that can actually kill you.
    It is a known fact that most of the mobs in beta couldn't do much to you no matter the spec.
    Hell I ran around in a 51 SC glass cannon spec and decimated mobs.

Of course if you are comparing survival builds then why are you comparing a glass cannon to survival based builds?

Alienated the player base?
    Don't speak for me please.

Your point?
    I pulled 3k with my level 50 Warrior who doesn't have much if any notable gear.
    Are you honestly trying to say yo are giving an accurate comparison of mage to warrior using an undergeared mage?

You do realize ID geared Warrior> ID geared mage when it comes to ST parses right?
    Best ST parse for a mage is around 5.2k, Warriors rock at the same level and even higher with Paragon.

It all got moved into CHamp.
    Mages have been dealing with this scenario forever now.

Harbinger doesn't do single better than Warriors.
    We're talking 4.3k tops with a Stormcaller crystal currently.
    Warriors blow that right out of the water.

Let alone Warriors can switch specs and go ranged as well.

Funny stuff.

Aguni thanks for pointing this out. It's guys like this that still run 9/6 on live because they dont know how to manage 5 finishers.

Puremalice, Do us a favor. Delete your warrior and go play mage.

I for one absolutely enjoyed the warrior changes and can not wait for them to go live (granted sli and reaver is fixed)

+ Reply to Thread