+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Deal breaker or not?

Quote Originally Posted by yasutora View Post
    Aguni thanks for pointing this out. It's guys like this that still run 9/6 on live because they dont know how to manage 5 finishers.

Puremalice, Do us a favor. Delete your warrior and go play mage.

I for one absolutely enjoyed the warrior changes and can not wait for them to go live (granted sli and reaver is fixed)
    Lets get something straight. Warriors are not mages and do not need that classes problems. Energy starvation and all these instants better be removed before this goes live. It is not fun nor makes any sense. It ruins the warrior class.

Also, how well a warrior plays should have no relevance to a mage or rogue. Go troll somewhere else.

To put this in perspective, all the warriors I talk to from 8/8 and 7/8 ID guilds are dissapointed with warriors in Storm Legion because of energy issues and all the instants. It is not fun! The warrior calling cannot go live in this state. It is bad for the game and the players who have the class as a main DO NOT LIKE IT. Now, whether a rogue or mage likes it or not is not relevant.

Trion - You must buff warrior energy regen and get rid of all the instants so we can macro abilties.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharog View Post
    Last time i checked War ST dps is ahead of everyone else by a mile, (without abusing bugs that is).

War AOE dps, ahead also by a mile, u guys just QQ QQQ QQQQ without actually testing them out in a real environment, i frankly dont give a flying duck how poorly war do at lvling compare to a harbinger, 99% of my play time in the future rift is not gonna be spending on leveling. maybe urs will.

Also not buying the complication of reaver part, if u are lazy, just spam blood fever and nothing else like u do on Live, guess what, u be FINE <---. if u want to do some more, feel free to use some more buttons.

Lastly, i can dial a number of 12 digits to my grand parents in another country without looking at the number pad, im pretty sure u can manage the simple 10 buttons in a row after lil bit of practise.
    Lets just make sure Sharogy is happy then. Everyone else can go **** themselves....

I am actually with you that 99% of my time will not be leveling/farming... that being said there are more people that play rift than just me and you. They seem to have screwed the warrior solo farm/lvl builds up which is annoying but hey ho. As for 10 button rotations, i dont need my epeen stroked and although i could press 10 buttons easy enough, i dont want to. Around 6 would be a happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Letholdus View Post
    Lets get something straight. Warriors are not mages and do not need that classes problems. Energy starvation and all these instants better be removed before this goes live. It is not fun nor makes any sense. It ruins the warrior class.

Also, how well a warrior plays should have no relevance to a mage or rogue. Go troll somewhere else.

To put this in perspective, all the warriors I talk to from 8/8 and 7/8 ID guilds are dissapointed with warriors in Storm Legion because of energy issues and all the instants. It is not fun! The warrior calling cannot go live in this state. It is bad for the game and the players who have the class as a main DO NOT LIKE IT. Now, whether a rogue or mage likes it or not is not relevant.

Trion - You must buff warrior energy regen and get rid of all the instants so we can macro abilties.

im 7/8 only energy problem i saw was when tanking, i had came up with many useful solo builds. i believe you guys are seeing the energy problems from deep rb, i just went paragon. this has alot of relevance to the mage and rogue. because when some jerk comes in here spoutin off about how hes going to quit and go play mage.. well man up.. and DO IT. I do not know if you ever tried defilemancer before? if not.. just try it.. then come back and qq about 10 button rotations.

I hate to think Trion is listening to this guy for the future of warrior changes

Quote Originally Posted by Sharog View Post
    Last time i checked War ST dps is ahead of everyone else by a mile, (without abusing bugs that is).

War AOE dps, ahead also by a mile, u guys just QQ QQQ QQQQ without actually testing them out in a real environment, i frankly dont give a flying duck how poorly war do at lvling compare to a harbinger, 99% of my play time in the future rift is not gonna be spending on leveling. maybe urs will.

Also not buying the complication of reaver part, if u are lazy, just spam blood fever and nothing else like u do on Live, guess what, u be FINE <---. if u want to do some more, feel free to use some more buttons.

Lastly, i can dial a number of 12 digits to my grand parents in another country without looking at the number pad, im pretty sure u can manage the simple 10 buttons in a row after lil bit of practise.

My feeling is that if Trion listens to ONLY people like you, it's going to kill the game. There needs to be a balance between what skilled players can accomplish vs the 'less gifted' as you like to point out.

All I can say is, if the warrior changes stand “as is” come go live, I'm sure some folks will stop playing even if they have paid up for a year in advance because they no longer find it fun to log in. The amount of QQ QQQ QQQQ you see should be a clear indication of that.

My personal opinion of the changes is that Rift now feels like a different game. Not the one I took the time to level a toon to level 50 on and then grind out R50 (mostly done in WF and not CQ). Makes me think Trion suckered a lot of people into paying for a year sub thinking the game would be an improvement to how things basically work live today but with more content and additional choices in roles. What they have now is a complete revamp of the warrior calling. I see Rogues having major complaints as well. Trion has a lot to consider with this expansion and should keep in mind how the major of the players will react to the mass changes.

Will this bring back more people to Rift? Will it cause their loyal player base to leave? Very risky of they think that is acceptable...

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    My feeling is that if Trion listens to ONLY people like you, it's going to kill the game. There needs to be a balance between what skilled players can accomplish vs the 'less gifted' as you like to point out.

All I can say is, if the warrior changes stand “as is” come go live, I'm sure some folks will stop playing even if they have paid up for a year in advance because they no longer find it fun to log in. The amount of QQ QQQ QQQQ you see should be a clear indication of that.

My personal opinion of the changes is that Rift now feels like a different game. Not the one I took the time to level a toon to level 50 on and then grind out R50 (mostly done in WF and not CQ). Makes me think Trion suckered a lot of people into paying for a year sub thinking the game would be an improvement to how things basically work live today but with more content and additional choices in roles. What they have now is a complete revamp of the warrior calling. I see Rogues having major complaints as well. Trion has a lot to consider with this expansion and should keep in mind how the major of the players will react to the mass changes.

Will this bring back more people to Rift? Will it cause their loyal player base to leave? Very risky of they think that is acceptable...
    Trion's interest is in retaining as many players as possible to keep their subscriptions up. That generally means that the majority of players (the average skill set) are what will be pandered to. Not the l33t ep33n strokers. Equally though they need to not listen to the bads who just QQ over everything for the sake of it.

What I do not understand is why Trion threw all they did and optimized over the last 18 months into the trash can and started new. It is like being in the launch beta again, except we all start at level 50 with 3 rows full of abilities. Much of it looks as cobbled together as two years ago. It is annoying to redo role for several callings, in particular when the results are less functional than what we have on live.

That said, a few changes were good, armor and resistance have become the principle sources of damage reduction with only small modifiers on top. This will be much easier to balance against content and tank souls are fairly balanced. It is nice to have better access to cooldowns and shields.

It is not a deal breaker but I am somewhat confused by Trion's decision to totally redo the callings. Do they believe that they produced crap 18 months ago but now magically know how to do it better?

I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Perros View Post
    What I do not understand is why Trion threw all they did and optimized over the last 18 months into the trash can and started new. It is like being in the launch beta again, except we all start at level 50 with 3 rows full of abilities. Much of it looks as cobbled together as two years ago. It is annoying to redo role for several callings, in particular when the results are less functional than what we have on live.

That said, a few changes were good, armor and resistance have become the principle sources of damage reduction with only small modifiers on top. This will be much easier to balance against content and tank souls are fairly balanced. It is nice to have better access to cooldowns and shields.

It is not a deal breaker but I am somewhat confused by Trion's decision to totally redo the callings. Do they believe that they produced crap 18 months ago but now magically know how to do it better?
    I very much agree with you on this. It's one of the reasons I came back to the game after taking a year off from it. Seems like they are throwing all that away and taking a big gamble. I do acknowledge that change is needed in the game to keep things interesting and to attract newer players. Just not sure they have a winning ticket here.

Quote Originally Posted by Perros View Post

They didn't man, they just stored up all the "major changes needed" feedback over the past 12 months and decided to release it on an expansion.

It's the best possible time to change to be honest, when everyone's concerns are merely leveling and 5man dungeon progression, it's a pattern that all other MMO developers have followed for a good reason.

The increased versatility in the warrior calling is definitely there, and to be honest, pretty selfevident. I don't know how people can't see it, they seem to only be able to see the bugs. I think these changes are a huge step towards balance, even if certain abilities are ruining that image right now.

+ Reply to Thread