+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dps?

Dps?

Just wondering what others are trying out and how much dps they are doing. I have been working with ele pet pulling 4.5k with 2600 sp and 900 crit. Also has anyone tried a crit heavy build; I would but i have no iss.

I did 4.8k but I also have around 100 more SP than you as well.
    One thing I am concerned is if these numbers should be so extremely high when soloing.

I tried 51 Lock, 51 Pyro and various other incarnations of old specs and nothing came close to 51 Ele for the ease. At 2450 SP and 850 SC, I was between 4.6-4.8k DPS. Not only is it a pet class, but you can basically just macro most of your spells--both sore points for me. =/

Hopefully someone manages to find a build that performs better and involves a little more thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    I tried 51 Lock, 51 Pyro and various other incarnations of old specs and nothing came close to 51 Ele for the ease. At 2450 SP and 850 SC, I was between 4.6-4.8k DPS. Not only is it a pet class, but you can basically just macro most of your spells--both sore points for me. =/

Hopefully someone manages to find a build that performs better and involves a little more thinking.
    Probably hard atm. as everything is still very much a subject to change.
    - Hvabehar

Same spellpower as you guys (2650sp 800crit) but I'm doing 5.2k dps as 51ele 15necromancer.. I just rotate between fire>earth>air>water as much as possible. I'm sure my rotation is very incorrect though as I only played about with it for a little.

Note: On Sicaron I did 6.2k(Ele still doesn't seem to scale much or maybe I just failed?), my friend did 6k with 51ele, and a Warrior as at 9.5k and another at 7.2k. Rest of the raid was below us. This was a random pug... I didn't check the buffs/debuffs, and we wiped on 8% due to only one purger. Just something to think about...

the fire pet is doing nearly 60% of my dps when going 51 ele/15 necro :/

Mine is a dummy parse. Why are people going 15 necro instead of 13 necro & 2 SC?

ive went with 13 necro 2 harbringer for 4% exra spellpower, seemed it was worth it

My Take

Of course we can't test level 60 yet, but I'd think the following would be a replacement for our standard 36/30 build. Try a 43/26 Plock with 5 in Harb. Plockinger?

You get everything from the old 36 Pyro in a 43 including the new Flame volley, 26 in Warlock for Dot damage and mage armor, and of course 5 for Harbinger to boost our SP by 10 percent which will never be capped.

Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrre View Post
    Of course we can't test level 60 yet, but I'd think the following would be a replacement for our standard 36/30 build. Try a 43/26 Plock with 5 in Harb. Plockinger?

You get everything from the old 36 Pyro in a 43 including the new Flame volley, 26 in Warlock for Dot damage and mage armor, and of course 5 for Harbinger to boost our SP by 10 percent which will never be capped.

Opinions?
    I tested a build very similar to this in a raid setting and it capped out at ~4600

Can you test 60 now in a raid?

managed to get 4.6k in stormcaller with no consumes, been min/maxing stormcaller for quite some time. (favorite soul). I also think since AoE and ST apparently don't mix now it is important to find a good hybrid that can do both AoE and ST.

Also, it seems this build scales well with the % debuffs. (getting 10-15k crits on the dummies with a # of different abilities)

This is with gear 25sp short of BiS ID gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Altora View Post
    ive went with 13 necro 2 harbringer for 4% exra spellpower, seemed it was worth it
    Prob. I have not touched the new soul much. I'll get to that later.

Quote Originally Posted by soul sky View Post
    Same spellpower as you guys (2650sp 800crit) but I'm doing 5.2k dps as 51ele 15necromancer.. I just rotate between fire>earth>air>water as much as possible. I'm sure my rotation is very incorrect though as I only played about with it for a little.

Note: On Sicaron I did 6.2k(Ele still doesn't seem to scale much or maybe I just failed?), my friend did 6k with 51ele, and a Warrior as at 9.5k and another at 7.2k. Rest of the raid was below us. This was a random pug... I didn't check the buffs/debuffs, and we wiped on 8% due to only one purger. Just something to think about...
    Rotation is Fire - Earth - Water - Air :P

Quote Originally Posted by Virulent View Post
    Rotation is Fire - Earth - Water - Air :P
    Check again.
    - Hvabehar

Quote Originally Posted by Calmethar View Post
    Check again.
    Check "icy carapace" = water spell triggered by air damage.

And obviously the real intention of elementalist is that there isnt a set "rotation" you're supposed to get each elemental buff up (all 4 in some cases) and then consume all 4 using spells like elemental burst.

I thought you brainiacs would have figured that out already :P

However unfortunately the "cycle of blah" buffs dont persist long enough to do so..

actually sorry my bad, its the opposite way around, you set up using elemental burst then consume the buffs using stormbolt and volcanic eruption. (for burst damage in pvp*)

Check "icy carapace" = water spell triggered by air damage.

And obviously the real intention of elementalist is that there isnt a set "rotation" you're supposed to get each elemental buff up (all 4 in some cases) and then consume all 4 using spells like elemental burst.

I thought you brainiacs would have figured that out already :P
    You probably don't want to trigger Icy Carapace right off the bat. It'd better to let its dot tick if you can manage it. There's a lot of air spells, so triggering it early may be unavoidable.

actually sorry my bad, its the opposite way around, you set up using elemental burst then consume the buffs using stormbolt and volcanic eruption. (for burst damage in pvp*)
    You can actually set all four up with Elemental Burst and then comsume them all with Prismatic Volley every 30s.

But yea, you got 8s before you really wanna hit your Icy Carapace with an Air spell, so that's more or less besides the previous point of the "rotation", which was the word you used yourself, Virulent
    - Hvabehar

+ Reply to Thread