+ Reply to Thread

Thread: small question about doing HK/ID at 60

small question about doing HK/ID at 60

Do you still need the tons and tons of hit when ya do them at that point?

You should be well over the hit cap just through gear alone so yeah :P
    Main-Asaomar[Invictus]@Gnarlwood Rogue Tank
    Alt-Thederps[Invictus]@Gnarlwood Mage
    Alt-Savamir[Invictus]@Gnarlwood Cleric Tank
    Guild Leader of Invictus@Gnarlwood http://invictus-rift.guildlaunch.com
    11/11 HK 8/8 ID

i am at the moment, i do not know how hit/focus develops when we hit 60 tho hence my question (or if we even need said hit or focus to hit those mobs)

you'll get more hit as you get better/higher level gear just as you do now. you still need hit to hit stuff in gsb right? so yeah you'll still need hit for hk/id at 60. you'll just be way over the minimum for it.
    Main-Asaomar[Invictus]@Gnarlwood Rogue Tank
    Alt-Thederps[Invictus]@Gnarlwood Mage
    Alt-Savamir[Invictus]@Gnarlwood Cleric Tank
    Guild Leader of Invictus@Gnarlwood http://invictus-rift.guildlaunch.com
    11/11 HK 8/8 ID

so hit/toughness is inflating beyond what we have now?

thats all i wanted to know, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    so hit/toughness is inflating beyond what we have now?

thats all i wanted to know, meh.
    I think the first Level 60 raids will require HK-level focus (320).
    I say this because the Level 60 gear purchasable from the <World Gear Merchant> in Tempest Bay has HIT+50 gear, and even the upgraded versions of that gear is HIT+50.

Now the <World Gear Merchant> isn't Raid-obtained mark gear; it seems to be more akin to our current Planar Conqueror's/Hero's gear. One of the upgrade stone sets is even called "Empyreal Hero's".

I.e.

Empyreal Conqueror's Rod (Ranged weap)
    INT+52
    WIS+71
    END+52
    HIT+50
    SC+34

If you ALT+Click it, you'll get an Upgrade Item window popup and the upgrade item is:

Empyreal Vanquisher's Rod (Ranged weap)
    INT+57
    WIS+77
    END+57
    HIT+50
    SC+37

If you then ALT+Click on this item in the Upgrade Item window, you get the next tier item:

Empyreal Hero's Rod (Ranged weap)
    INT+61
    WIS+82
    END+61
    HIT+50
    SC+40

As such, I think the first raid will probably be 320 HIT requirement.

So, those in ID gear should have more hit than is required for the first tier of Raids in SL.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Empyrean Hero's gear has been confirmed to match the expert dungeon epic items currently worn by alpha testers, pretty much exactly.

ID gear will have the hit reqs, but will be far outclassed by even level 56 or 57 items on raw stats alone. we will still have to grind experts with everyone else.

Problem is if you look at the new gear... blues and greens at lvl 55 to 60 ... the hit is gone. Or it is lower... much lower. So its a good question. When we are lvl 55 and we have upgraded our gear to the new blues and greens that are better... how will we have to hit to go back and do the old raids? There are helms and gloves with no hit on them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    You should be well over the hit cap just through gear alone so yeah :P
    It's not the same. At lvl 1, 1 hit is worth a lot more hit percentage than at lvl 50. The same thing is going to apply to lvl 60 more than likely, so it's a real concern that we can't hit in old content if new raids and dungeons only require vanilla expert and t1 equivalent hit percentages. The level gap may make up for it, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post
    Problem is if you look at the new gear... blues and greens at lvl 55 to 60 ... the hit is gone. Or it is lower... much lower. So its a good question. When we are lvl 55 and we have upgraded our gear to the new blues and greens that are better... how will we have to hit to go back and do the old raids? There are helms and gloves with no hit on them at all.
    The current guess is old raids have had their hit requirement reduced. This is the opposite approach to how Blizzard did it. I was assuming for SL the starting HIT would be 500, but it looks to be much less.

wtb Daglar to confirm in a chart
    Tier 1: GSB/RoS??
    Tier 2: HK
    Tier 3: ID
    Tier 4: Crucia
    Tier 5: Regulos

^ what are the Hit requirments?

If you look at your ID gear, it's focus went from 65 per piece to 25, so it seems with armor values at least (and jewelry) that our current hit values are being scaled down to accommodate new raid "tiers" - meaning raid tier 1 for sl has its requirements aligned to what gsb/ros levels where, tier 2 hk equiv, etc with sl raids, instead of making gear require 500+ hit for just the first sl raid.

i think the question was will we still need to meet the hit requirements for hk/id if we want to run them at lvl 60. my guess would be no because the level difference will likely make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The current guess is old raids have had their hit requirement reduced. This is the opposite approach to how Blizzard did it. I was assuming for SL the starting HIT would be 500, but it looks to be much less.

wtb Daglar to confirm in a chart
    Tier 1: GSB/RoS??
    Tier 2: HK
    Tier 3: ID
    Tier 4: Crucia
    Tier 5: Regulos

^ what are the Hit requirments?
    Looking at the craft recipes all new raids seems to be on the same tier

Being higher than level 50 reduces the amount of hit you need every level in order to hit the raid mobs. By 60, I doubt you will need much if any hit and it should not be a problem at all.
    Atropis <Black Snow> Faeblight
    11/11 4/4 5/8

+ Reply to Thread