+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feedback on dimension edit tools

Feedback on dimension edit tools

Short and sweet:

Changes that would improve editing of items inside your dimension

1. I need to see the name of the object i'm manipulating. If it's there and i missed it, where is it?

2. Default keyboard shortcuts would be excellent:
    2a. Alt to toggle rotational controls
    2b. Control to toggle scaling controls

3. The ability to scale multiple items at the same time, currently grayed out for me. (treating the selected items as a single primitive, rather than scaling each item on its own)

4. (bug) When trying to retrieve mutiple items to my bag using Shift+click, I get the message that the item couldn't be found in my dimension.

These changes would make building and creating dreamy, ty.

Edited for clarity

Another suggestion: using mouse scroll button for enlarging/reducing and possibly other manipulations. I sometimes found it difficult to click on the large arrows for movement of my object, and ended up clicking empty air, thus deselecting the item.

Option one's only use seemed to be the vertical placement, as option 4 allows for horizontal placement in a much more fluid manner. Perhaps the vertical arrow (or mouse scroll button) can be combined with the current "4" option for precise placement, preventing the object itself from being obscured by all the colored arrows emanating from it.

1. Would be handy to rotate by a set amount as well as free rotate.
    2. I agree, ability to scale groups of items would be helpful.
    3. Would like to be able to duplicate grouped items, would save placing boards one at a time on larger builds.
    4. To be able to scale on x,y or z rather than just a general all over scale up would be fab.

When moving small items the arrows can end up covering the item you're placing making it hard to see exactly where your item is.

Occasionally the scale icon remains on the item even when you have edit turned off although re-entering clears it its a bit of a pain. May just be my computer though.

+ Reply to Thread