+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Drop Rates of Cloth

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21
    Rift Team
    I made a couple of tweaks to the drop rates today (should be in the next beta build or the one after that).

I adjusted the drop rates of the three different cloth types so that humanoids of the appropriate level have a higher chance of dropping the level appropriate cloth and a lower chance of dropping the other types of cloth. This means that level 50-54 mobs now have an increased chance to drop Lanzan and a lower chance to drop Chiffon or Empyrean Silk.

The loot tables have also been adjusted so that you now have a base chance to get 2 cloth per drop instead of 1. Outfitters now have a chance to get up to 4 cloth instead of 2.

I also adjusted the bonus drops for Outfitters specifically. If you are a non-Outfitter, you will notice no change. If you are an Outfitter, you should be getting slightly more cloth drops than you did before.

Combining the three above changes should address the cloth drop rate issues. The changes will likely be available in Beta by Wednesday.

Side note: I also made the same changes to the Meat tables for Survivalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Taleen View Post
    I made a couple of tweaks to the drop rates today (should be in the next beta build or the one after that).

I adjusted the drop rates of the three different cloth types so that humanoids of the appropriate level have a higher chance of dropping the level appropriate cloth and a lower chance of dropping the other types of cloth. This means that level 50-54 mobs now have an increased chance to drop Lanzan and a lower chance to drop Chiffon or Empyrean Silk.

The loot tables have also been adjusted so that you now have a base chance to get 2 cloth per drop instead of 1. Outfitters now have a chance to get up to 4 cloth instead of 2.

I also adjusted the bonus drops for Outfitters specifically. If you are a non-Outfitter, you will notice no change. If you are an Outfitter, you should be getting slightly more cloth drops than you did before.

Combining the three above changes should address the cloth drop rate issues. The changes will likely be available in Beta by Wednesday.

Thanks Taleen! Hopefully it will make a difference. Will let ya know, but Wed is our cutoff.

Do these kinds of bonuses only apply to dropped mats? Or to node mats as well for the applicable crafting professions? (I dont expect it does, but had to ask)

Also..

Does only outfitter get the cloth bonus?
    Aesha - The Fabled @ IceWatch

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Rift Team
    The bonuses apply to only dropped materials: Meat and Cloth.

You only get the bonus if you are an Outfitter (Cloth) or Survivalist (Meat).

This way professions that require raw cloth (such as Armorsmith) can still acquire it but Outfitters, who naturally require significantly larger quantities of cloth, get a comparable amount equivalent to their needs.

This way professions that require raw cloth (such as Armorsmith) can still acquire it but Outfitters, who naturally require significantly larger quantities of cloth, get a comparable amount equivalent to their needs.
    YAY! Hopefully when the new Beta phase opens this weekend, crafting will be much improved. Thank you, Taleen for looking into fixing this issue for our crafters! We'll be sure to let you know how well it kicks in!

I'm not seeing any improvement in the drop rate of Chiffon. I've got a backlog of crafting quests that require Chiffon, and in two days of grinding I have one piece, making me wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eventide7 View Post
    I'm not seeing any improvement in the drop rate of Chiffon. I've got a backlog of crafting quests that require Chiffon, and in two days of grinding I have one piece, making me wonder if I'm doing something wrong.
    What level are you?

I was also disappointed with the cloth drop rates (I'm an armorsmith, so I'm on the lower drop rate tier), but I still only managed to acquire about 10 Chiffon for the longest time.

However, I got level 55 and 56 this past weekend and found the humanoid mobs in this level range dropping it much more frequently. I managed to get another 30 in a few hours of questing in Seratos.

Still a bit low drop rate?

I am an outfitter and after blessing my GF out for looting before I could test most of the time I have to say the drop rates are still considerably lower than what they should be. We did about 4 hours of hard farming on bi-peds in the cape and pell both locations rendered about 30 pcs of cloth total. That's pulling 3 to 5 mobs per pull in areas where it was just bi-peds nothing skinnable in the area and her greedy little fingers not in the pot.

Edit: I am an outfitter btw.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldragen View Post
    What level are you?

I was also disappointed with the cloth drop rates (I'm an armorsmith, so I'm on the lower drop rate tier), but I still only managed to acquire about 10 Chiffon for the longest time.

However, I got level 55 and 56 this past weekend and found the humanoid mobs in this level range dropping it much more frequently. I managed to get another 30 in a few hours of questing in Seratos.
    I've been grinding level 57's. I never thought I'd use the term "grinding" with Rift, since, as a former Aion player I know what the extreme end of grinding is. But, there it is. I still love Rift, but for cloth mats and runebreakables it is a grind. My other crafters are all very happy with the availability of mats.

As long as cloth is difficult to come by, the crafting professions remain unbalanced. An apothecary requires considerably less (and very easy to come by) mats for each item crafted and can therefore level up and complete Grandmaster in only an hour or two. This doesn't hold true for any of the other professions.

+ Reply to Thread