+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Drop Rates of Cloth

Drop Rates of Cloth

I am not sure if anyone else is seeing this but the greatest impediment I am seeing to leveling up crafting is the lack of Lanzan Cloth. Despite a number of guildies not getting a lot of this to level crafters

I have noticed this as well, I have gone around soloing large groups of humanoids and ran the new dungeon a number of times 50-52 and the drop rate does seem extremely low compared the the open world spawn nodes of herbs, ore, and skinable creatures.

Also outfitter requires bolts of cloth to make leather goods so gaining leather as an alternative is not viable either.

I thought Witchweave on the live servers was hard to get.. Trying to get Lanzan makes witchweave look easy. Please make some adjustments to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simnir View Post
    I thought Witchweave on the live servers was hard to get.. Trying to get Lanzan makes witchweave look easy. Please make some adjustments to it.
    Agreed, I did notice throughout each of the zones that there were mobs (e.g. Harpies, etc.) that had virtually no loot table what-so-ever. However, it did seem - as Simnir pointed out, that Lanzan was being dropped by Storm Legion NPCs mainly. If that is the theme going forward, then every Storm Legion should give up ALL of their cloth undergarments upon death.

I'm thinking multiple pieces, and no commando-style.

Thanks!
    Tylendol@Threesprings

If they lowered the cost of the first tier away from like 5 Lanzan 5 leather it wouldnt be as extreme but 10 pieces of hard to find cloth for 1 potential point is a bit extreme to get to 305 or 310

I have the feeling, or at least the hope, that loot tables are not finished yet.
    Maelode, Lv 22 male Eth Mage, Pyromancer(main)-Dominator(sec). Secondary role of pure Chloromancer(healer).
    Maelad, Lv 20 female Dwarf Rogue, Riftstalker-Bladedancer(even) solo. Alt role as pure tank Riftstalker. Just got Marksman, not set in.

Cloth Salvage

I would love to see an option to salvage cloth from humanoid corpses for outfitters added to the game. Salvaging corpses already exists for mining and foraging and it would help outfitters immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Veylin View Post
    I would love to see an option to salvage cloth from humanoid corpses for outfitters added to the game. Salvaging corpses already exists for mining and foraging and it would help outfitters immensely.
    I was under the impression drop rates for cloth were immensely higher for outfitters as it is.

trion did give us a response in this thread: http://beta.forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?t=5374
    Kylarianna@greybriar black company all the way baby:)

Lanzan Cloth still has a really crappy drop rate, and you need bunches of it to get through the early part of grandmaster...

Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post
    I am not sure if anyone else is seeing this but the greatest impediment I am seeing to leveling up crafting is the lack of Lanzan Cloth. Despite a number of guildies not getting a lot of this to level crafters
    Absolutely. Feedbacked this myself; right now, at 322 armorsmith, I'm left with green skillups using the base metal in SL, orange using both base and base +1 (can't remember names) or using base + Lanzan...which is super rare.

Please consider raising the drop rate.
    Lemming@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    Absolutely. Feedbacked this myself; right now, at 322 armorsmith, I'm left with green skillups using the base metal in SL, orange using both base and base +1 (can't remember names) or using base + Lanzan...which is super rare.

Please consider raising the drop rate.
    Missed the edit button, should be yellow, not orange for the two other options not involving Lanzan.
    Lemming@Greybriar

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team
    Still too low? I did bump it up for this beta build. Hmm.

It might be that certain mobs that should drop cloth are not and making the drop rate appear horrible because only 1/2 the mobs that should be dropping it actually are.

Have you guys noticed any mobs that seem like they should drop cloth but aren't (usually humanoids)?
    On mobs you are able to get cloth, what drop rates are you seeing? It should be around 15-20% for non-Outfitters and 20-30% for Outfitters.

I think the greatest issue we may be seeing in this is that the material drops/harvests from mobs don't have anywhere near the type of structure that is provided by the lower level materials.

If perhaps only 50~52 mobs dropped Lanzan, followed by Chiffon from 52~54 level mobs, and so on. basically allowing mobs to drop the type of cloth required for gear appropriate to the level of the mob.

This would solve the issue of having tons of materials that you can't use, because you would essentially level the skill as you leveled the character, much the way crafting functions on live for the pre-300 levels.

The same pattern should be put into place for the hides as well... Had well over 300 striped leather before I ever managed to get to the point of using the stuff. And now I'm cooking for Chiffon as well... cloth rates across the board have always been the hardest to harvest, because there are no natural spawn points, and unlike hides (which are essentially 100% drop from every harvested kill) they aren't acquired nearly as quickly.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4Sushi View Post
    I think the greatest issue we may be seeing in this is that the material drops/harvests from mobs don't have anywhere near the type of structure that is provided by the lower level materials.

If perhaps only 50~52 mobs dropped Lanzan, followed by Chiffon from 52~54 level mobs, and so on. basically allowing mobs to drop the type of cloth required for gear appropriate to the level of the mob.

This would solve the issue of having tons of materials that you can't use, because you would essentially level the skill as you leveled the character, much the way crafting functions on live for the pre-300 levels.

The same pattern should be put into place for the hides as well... Had well over 300 striped leather before I ever managed to get to the point of using the stuff. And now I'm cooking for Chiffon as well... cloth rates across the board have always been the hardest to harvest, because there are no natural spawn points, and unlike hides (which are essentially 100% drop from every harvested kill) they aren't acquired nearly as quickly.
    Exactly! Also an impediment is the lack of a cloth-only or leather-only recipe at Grandmaster level outfitting such as the shoes at every level below that. Hours of playing and I still cannot get enough mats to advance either my outfitting or runecrafting. In contrast on my Apothecary it was pretty quick and easy to harvest mats.

Quote Originally Posted by eventide7 View Post
    Exactly! Also an impediment is the lack of a cloth-only or leather-only recipe at Grandmaster level outfitting such as the shoes at every level below that. Hours of playing and I still cannot get enough mats to advance either my outfitting or runecrafting. In contrast on my Apothecary it was pretty quick and easy to harvest mats.
    Agreed about the shoe crafting. That was pretty much how we leveled the 300. Craft a bunch of shoes, then some chest pieces, craft any gear you needed for this level range, move on to the next tier of goods...

I understand not having that straight crafting push, but frankly... The real push in crafting comes when you've hit cap and start doing dailies to get those MCM's (and now GmCM's) to get to the really good recipes, at least for me... I don't want to be special because I'm the only 375 Outfitter in my guild, I want to be special, because I'm the only one in my guild with certain recipes that my guild will pay for...

the drop rate did seem low. I wasn't trying to farm cloth I just quested and did a few rifts - looted everything I killed and after around 3 hrs of playtime I had 18 lanzan and 15 chiffon

The drop rate of Lanzan cloth is abysmally low. Without going out of my way and just butchering the animals I killed for quests I got ~ 100 dense leather, ~60 striped leather and 20 truehide leather while playing today in Seratos.

I cannot do anything with this stuff however because every Outfitter recipe that has a skillup requires me to use Lanzan cloth. I actually have more of the second cloth than I do of Lanzan although this is still a very very low amount.

At this point in order to make Outfitter viable to even skill up much less use the drop rate on cloth would need to increase by an order of magnitude.

I should note in the time I accrued that leather I got 15 lanzan cloth and 18 chiffon.

I would say the drop rate on cloth is no more than 2-3% off humanoid mobs if that and there are very few humanoid mobs in the first several zones anyway.

+ Reply to Thread