+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Peaceful Rhinos

Peaceful Rhinos

Peaceful Rhinos (neutral mob) in the Agrippa Rainforest and Cambium Loci areas seem to spawn endlessly, stacking up on top of each other to no end. They also don't seem to pat at all.

I have seen this also

When my IA group got the quest to inoculate them (which causes the inoculated rhino to run off and vanish), we discovered that they were mostly spawned in stacks of 4.

Here is some proof.

I saw it also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-06_165758.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1168

Name:	2012-10-06_164826.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1167

I just came around Malluma River and saw people out here farming these bugged spawns to butcher them.
    Riftnerd.com / Cleric of <Exposure>

Another Rhino issue. In my travels I came across this poor, poor creature and my heart went out to him. Look at him, misunderstood and suffering.

Name:	StuckRhino.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1194

Can't you see? Rhinos are every bit as endearing as corgis! They just have tusks. And a skin condition. And an attitude problem. And, as it would appear in Rift, an unceasing appetite for manflesh. Come to think of it, damn those would be some pretty messed up corgis. So... nevermind. Still stuck in a rock though.

Side note, the multiple spawn thing also happens on the caged captives you have to free as part of the Dusken IAs.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks for the reports. We will investigate the transported that is beaming them into rocks and causing the octorhinos. No help for the skin condition or man flesh hunger though.

I bugged it in-game this morning. Very interesting (and noisy) to see it.

Same problem exists for the Lycini Captives in the Edgestone Ridge area. Had many, many captives in overlapping cages there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alstius View Post
    Same problem exists for the Lycini Captives in the Edgestone Ridge area. Had many, many captives in overlapping cages there.
    LOL

When I came upon the captives which were in cages within cages I found, all moaning and crying. It was funny at first; but, wanted to slap the heck out of all of them moaning and crying in the cages while I was getting through the quest that brought me there, and the Carnage series as well. If it weren't for the carnage quest - I would have been in and out.

I'm assuming since I didn't have a quest that involved freeing them - it was part of an IA or a quest line that was unfinished at the time of the first Beta cycle. I think there were four cages in a row on either side, which probably means there are four cages within each cage (since I could only peel back the wrapper on 2 before both of those doors closed, and there were still more...).

Thanks!
    Tylendol@Threesprings

+ Reply to Thread