+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buffing in Storm Legion

Buffing in Storm Legion

Testing with archon, bard and beast master for buff stacking. Wondering if all of the overlap is now intentional?
    *As people add things to the list I'll try and keep this updated
    **I haven't looked at debuffs so far. Nothing haven't seen anything new so assuming that the old rules apply for things like Illuminate - Coda of Jeopardy, etc.

Overlapping buffs
    Earthen Barrage/Granite Salvo - Motif of Bravery - Fury of the Fae - Increases Attack and Spell Power by 130 and Physical Crit and Spell Crit by 5%
    *Call of Blood - Unknown, but believed to join the above combo
    Vitality of Stone - Fanfare of Power - Bond of Power - Increase Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence and Wisdom by 75
    Volcanic Bomb - Call of Savagery - Increases damage done by 5%
    Anthem of Competance - Spark Shower - Bond of Alacrity - Increases movement speed by 15%
    *The bard anthem is the only one that is permanently up in combat, archon buff is a casted buff so there can be downtime and warrior buff is out-of-combat only
    Motif of Tenacity- Call of Stone - Reef Barrier - Reduces damage taken by 5%
    Living Energy (chloromancer) - Anthem Fervor - Reduces ability cost by 5%
    Arcane Aegis - Anthem of Glory - Bond of Shelter - Increases resistances
    Shared Vigor - Anthem of Glory and Fanfare of Vigor - Bond of Shelter - Increases armor and endurance
    Flaring Power - Command to Attack - Increases Attack and Spell Power by 15% for 30s
    Lava Field - Power Core
    *Unsure if this stacks with the above buffs, Orchestra of the Plains

Archon Unique
    Burning Purpose - Reduces cast time and autoattack delay by 10%
    Surging Flare - Reduces cast time by 3% for 6 seconds, 10 second cooldown
    Point-to-point - teleporter
    Power Drain - Reduces damage done by target by 10%
    Mental Flare - Restores 30% of the mage's mana

Bard Unique
    Resonance - Increases all attributes by 5%
    Verse of Occlusion - Shields all party/raid members
    Verse of Joy - Restores 5 charge, 50 mana, 5 power, and 5 energy each second for 15 seconds
    Motif of Regeneration - HoT stacks with Call of Kinship, unsure if the healing taken increase stacks

Beast Master Unique
    Companion's Rage - Increase damage done by 7%
    Command to Stand Ground - Increases maximum health by 25% and armor and resistances by 10%
    Command to Recover - Increases healing done by 15%
    Call of Kinship - Hot stacks with Motif of Regeneration, unsure if the healing taken increase stacks

we need to sit down together and see which overwrite others.. if at all

I started a thread about this a few weeks back, just to catalogue all buffs/debuffs. I believe I have everything.
    I didn't actually test stacking, I just made a list but didn't get around to it.
    There have been minor changes to Beastmaster which I haven't accounted for but this may help:
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    UPDATED: Friday 21st

Since there has been a big overhaul I thought it would be handy to collate information and determine Buff and Debuff categories to help determine any issues. The stacking categories are mostly untested. Please let me know if I'm missing anything or have made a mistake.

BUFFS

STR/DEX/INT/WIS
    -Bond of Power: Beastmaster
    -Fanfare of Power: Bard
    -Vitality of Stone: Archon

STR
    -Focus of Body: Paragon

INT
    -Flaring Intellect: Pyromancer

DEX
    -Combat Preparation: Bladedancer

WIS
    -Wisdom of the Ages: Purifier

END
    -Fanfare of Vigor: Bard
    -Heroic Resolve: Sentinel
    -Shared Vigor: Archon
    -Neddra's Might: Warlock

Resource Regen CD
    -Verse of Joy: Bard UNIQUE

Armor
    -Bond of Shelter: Beastmaster
    -Anthem of Glory: Bard
    -Shared Vigor: Archon

Resists
    -Heart of the Frozen Sea: Shaman
    -Spiritual Protection: Inquisitor
    -Arcane Aegis: Archon
    -Bond of Shelter: Beastmaster
    -Anthem of Glory: Bard

Damage Resistance
    -Call of Stone: Beastmaster
    -Motif of Tenacity: Bard
    -Sign of Faith: Purifier
    -Reef Barrier: Warden

Crit Chance
    -Call of Blood: Beastmaster
    -Motif of Bravery: Bard
    -Dauntless Strikes: Bladedancer
    -Earthen Barrage: Archon

Damage
    -Call of Savagery: Beastmaster
    -Natural Dedication: Druid
    -Volcanic Bomb: Archon

Damage CD
    -Lava Field: Archon
    -Wild Growth: Chloromancer
    -Power Core: Tactician
    -Orchestra of the Planes: Bard

Heal on Bleed
    -Call of Kinship: Beastmaster UNIQUE

Healing Received
    -Motif of Regeneration: Bard UNIQUE

Movement Speed in Combat
    -Anthem of Competence: Bard
    -Spark Shower: Archon

Ability Cost
    -Anthem of Fervor: Bard
    -Living Energy: Chloromancer

%STR/DEX/INT/WIS/END
    -Resonance: Bard UNIQUE

%Armor/Resist
    -Sign of Daring: Purifier UNIQUE

%Dodge/Parry/Block/Deflect
    -Sign of Anticipation: Purifier UNIQUE

%Max Health
    -Metamorphosis: Defiler UNIQUE

AP/SP
    -Fury of the Fae: Druid
    -Granite Salvo: Archon

Casting Speed
    -Surging Flare: Archon UNIQUE

Casting Speed and Autoattack
    -Burning Purpose: Archon UNIQUE

Damage Proc when damaged
    -Mass Charged Shield: Dominator
    -Sign of Wrath: Purifier

Damage Proc CD
    -Static Discharge: Stormcaller UNIQUE

AP/SP CD
    -Command to Attack: Beastmaster
    -Flaring Power: Archon

Heal on enemy death
    -Feast of the Fallen: Defiler UNIQUE

Healing Taken CD
    -Command to Recover: Beastmaster UNIQUE

Health/Armor/Resist CD
    -Command to Stand Ground: Beastmaster UNIQUE

Armor/Resist CD
    -Fortification Core: Tactician UNIQUE

Health CD
    -Physical Wellness: Riftstalker UNIQUE

DEBUFFS

Damage Proc
    -Spotter's Call: Beastmaster
    -Coda of Jeopardy: Bard
    -Illuminate: Archon
    -Thorns of Ire: Druid

AP/SP
    -Waning Power: Archon UNIQUE

Armor
    -Mark of Inevitability: Champion
    -Splinter Bomb: Saboteur
    -Lightning Fury: Marksman
    -Piercing Shot: Ranger

Crit Chance
    -Mark of Extermination: Champion
    -Lethal Poison: Assassin

%Armor/Resist
    -Reaper's Touch: Reaver UNIQUE

%Non-Physical Damage (I suspect this may be two categories)
    -Coda of Distress: Bard
    -Ember's Bomb: Saboteur
    -Sigil of Spirits: Cabalist
    -Spiritual Deficiency: Inquisitor
    -Clinging Spirit: Inquisitor
    -Crumbling Resistance: Archon

%Physical Damage
    -Coda of Cowardice: Bard
    -Ashen Defense: Archon

AP/SP
    -Rift Disturbance: Riftstalker
    -Spirit of the Trickster: Druid

Healing
    -Vampiric Munitions: Marksman
    -Dire Wolf: Ranger
    -Essence Link: Necromancer
    -Blight: Chloromancer
    -Fell Blades: Nightblade

%Spell and Non-Spell Damage
    -Light's Benediction: Paladin

%Damage
    -Power Drain: Archon

Energy/Power/Mana Drain
    -Debilitating Poison: Assassin
    -Mana Wrench: Dominator

Heals Attackers
    -Radiant Spores: Chloromancer UNIQUE

Damage Reduction CD
    -Life's Rapture: Paladin
    -Ablative Coil: Tactician

You missed the buff from Enrage on Beastmaster. It's probably the best reason to have one in the raid, +25% damage +25% crit chance +5 crit power for 10 seconds every minute is an amazing CD.

i believe it only increase by 5/5/1, this is what is intended(according to atrius), however tooltip seems still out dated, feel free to test its actual effect and report if bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    You missed the buff from Enrage on Beastmaster. It's probably the best reason to have one in the raid, +25% damage +25% crit chance +5 crit power for 10 seconds every minute is an amazing CD.
    That buff wasn't implemented until after I made my original post that I copied here. I said as much at the top of my post.

I am in favor of bringing 3 support to raid. We already use a bm in live. Why not do same thing. They still pull good numbers. Tact will count towards healer i'm guessing. Cause I'm only raiding as tactician from here till end of time haha

Looks spot on

i went archon for RoS with bard and beastmaster... both overwrite most of my archon buffs, please fix that so archon buffs should be more powerful than those except bards' fanfares... that all.

Cool, thanks!

I'm not finding Censure - is it a Justicar unique debuff, or does it conflict with anything? I don't see a category that it looks like it would conflict with (Reduces the hit chance of the targets affected by 5% for 15 seconds).

AP/SP
    -Fury of the Fae: Druid
    -Granite Salvo: Archon

this 2 doesnt stack with motif of bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    That buff wasn't implemented until after I made my original post that I copied here. I said as much at the top of my post.
    Sorry if it wasn't clear, but I was kind of referring to the OP with that post. No need to be a jerk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian View Post
    I'm not finding Censure - is it a Justicar unique debuff, or does it conflict with anything? I don't see a category that it looks like it would conflict with (Reduces the hit chance of the targets affected by 5% for 15 seconds).
    Probably would conflict with the debuff from Reaver's Blood Fever.

confirmed on test that fanfares and anthems overwrite archon abilites. yay for archon taking it in the poop chute again!

why is it we are the only support soul that RELIES on those auras being active, but have the lowest values by 1 so that everyone and thier mother can overwrite them? its insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Florianopolis View Post
    i went archon for RoS with bard and beastmaster... both overwrite most of my archon buffs, please fix that so archon buffs should be more powerful than those except bards' fanfares... that all.
    actually.. the fanfares are the same buff wise... and as I understand it mages gain more benefit from using their auras and what not.. bards get nothing for having an anthem and fanfares up (except too much threat). The test is showing us that at this time, in raid.. you do not want the bard doing fanfares or anthems (except for speed perhaps).

as for the 1min cd's that bm/archon, and bard/tactician have.. none of them seem to stack.. so.. these need to be rotated through by those members (I am sure most only last 15 seconds or so?) will be up to that raid group the cd rotation for buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    actually.. the fanfares are the same buff wise... and as I understand it mages gain more benefit from using their auras and what not.. bards get nothing for having an anthem and fanfares up (except too much threat). The test is showing us that at this time, in raid.. you do not want the bard doing fanfares or anthems (except for speed perhaps).

as for the 1min cd's that bm/archon, and bard/tactician have.. none of them seem to stack.. so.. these need to be rotated through by those members (I am sure most only last 15 seconds or so?) will be up to that raid group the cd rotation for buffs
    Actually, the way I understand the change to 58 archon, is the mage now just doesn't get the debuffs from their auras, effectively making their stats the same as if the bard/BM were running their buffs. Either way, I do hope the stacking issue of buffs/debuffs is fixed prior to SL going live, as this issue will make the desirability of bringing more then one support class to raids even less desirable.

Is there any chance the way buffs stack could possibly be changed?

Ideally, buffs that stack should both be able to be active, just only one would be effective, HOWEVER if the effective one was deactivated/moved out of range/out of LoS/died/etc, the "masked" buff would still be active.

This is how it intuitively would work to anyone new to raiding, you can see evidence of this anytime you tell a new raider to stop using a debuff and they don't understand why. The forced deactivating of buffs without notification is a huge learning curve and a huge pain in the *** that will have to be extensively relearned in the expansion as it is now. Sure the buffs are the same strength so it doesn't matter if one overwrites but it comes down to the same reason you want to avoid overwriting the Archon's Crumbling Resistance/Ashen Defense on live, you're wasting global cooldowns because of a stupid mechanism. Not to mention if the Archon auras start getting overwritten regularly they will lose the buffs they get from having active auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnz View Post
    Is there any chance the way buffs stack could possibly be changed?

Ideally, buffs that stack should both be able to be active, just only one would be effective, HOWEVER if the effective one was deactivated/moved out of range/out of LoS/died/etc, the "masked" buff would still be active.
    Agree, a thousand times this.

Co-exists but does not stack would be an A+ buff trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post

yes but usually fanfares on LIVE shards are good with auras, i just want fanfares stack with auras then i am good to go or all of powers from archon auras, bard fanfares, and beastmaster buffs stack together or just make rest of debuffing/buffing spells less stronger so they wont overwrite each other or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Florianopolis View Post
    yes but usually fanfares on LIVE shards are good with auras, i just want fanfares stack with auras then i am good to go or all of powers from archon auras, bard fanfares, and beastmaster buffs stack together or just make rest of debuffing/buffing spells less stronger so they wont overwrite each other or something like that.
    Didnt they say in the warrior reveal that they wanted to move away from stacking every support soul and move to picking whichever one was theoretically best for the current fight. Like if you needed to reposition the raid frequently, take the archon, or take a bard if you need a bit extra heal-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Didnt they say in the warrior reveal that they wanted to move away from stacking every support soul and move to picking whichever one was theoretically best for the current fight. Like if you needed to reposition the raid frequently, take the archon, or take a bard if you need a bit extra heal-wise.
    Progression (20-man) raiding will still require all three from the looks of things, due to unique buffs and still doing respectable DPS.

+ Reply to Thread