+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buffing in Storm Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Florianopolis View Post
    i went archon for RoS with bard and beastmaster... both overwrite most of my archon buffs, please fix that so archon buffs should be more powerful than those except bards' fanfares... that all.
    Yeah because bard motifs = resonance ain't worth it. Wha?

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Yeah because bard motifs = resonance ain't worth it. Wha?
    he means the auras. mages only get a benefit when we have all 4 auras active, but both other support classes have no such requirement and are 1 value stronger on fanfares/etc that it overwrites. which means in pugs with an archon and a beast or bard if the non-archon supports are oblivious to this they screw the entire raid.

as far as cast buffs go, bard motifs only conflict with earthen barrage (which means you get more dps out of archon anyway using only surging flare/volc bomb/pillaging)

He could have been more clear because if you are who I think you are (star?) The only thing I ever did to any you was occassionally over write a debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    He could have been more clear because if you are who I think you are (star?) The only thing I ever did to any you was occassionally over write a debuff
    indeed, though you weren't as bad as a few others I've raided with since that simply don't understand the words "don't cast that"

Though.. not exactly what we asked for.. the way buffs are stacked, or not, has changed slightly, for example.. the Archon's "auras" and the Bard's "Fanfares" now stack rather than have issues on overwriting. More may change before luanch.. so we will have to sit down and retest all buffing/debuffing, several times, until we iron out the kinks and identify what's what for raiding.

I haven't tested Archon on beta but I'd be concerned about buffs overwriting auras when for each one up we get reduced mana cost, reduced cast time, increased damage and healing, reduced damage taken and with HK/ID crystal 55 SP for each. Easily sorted in a guild raid, major annoyance in a pug. As a side note, the greater essence Martyr's soulstone has been updated (woot!) to give 91 SP for 20 seconds after casting Illuminate, so Archons with that will want to cast that, it's fine if it's then overwritten (apart from wasted gcd's).

+ Reply to Thread