+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What are some DIMENSION OBJECTS you would like to see in the game to place in your Dimension?

Can't believe I left out WINDOWS...

From UO:
    - Window collections (different types to choose from).
    [MAIN] Danitsia,
    52 Mathosian Mage
    Favorite Specs:
    51 Chloromancer
    51 Pyromancer
    51 Archon

GM of The Last Prophecy (Greybriar)
    www.tlp-guild.com

- script and add npc on dimension
    - add pet ( cow sheep... )
    - add house item
    - more items building
    - window & door item
    --------------------------------
    extend the space of dimension (move the invisible wall)
    have more number of item we can
    deposit more object in the wall
    --------------------------------
    can interact with the chairs by right-clicking

Oh and from DAOC:
    - Porticulum Deed. (Allows you to port to any of your "found" points from your house.)
    [MAIN] Danitsia,
    52 Mathosian Mage
    Favorite Specs:
    51 Chloromancer
    51 Pyromancer
    51 Archon

GM of The Last Prophecy (Greybriar)
    www.tlp-guild.com

Elevators!!!!!

Cant belive i forgot to mention this in the survey they sent me but. Let us put elevators in our dimensions. They can be wood like the one going to Scarns Layer. Or magical like the one going to top floor of HK. Yes Elevators would be awsome!

Glass.

Glass tiles.
    Glass blocks.
    Glass poles.

So that we can add areas in our home, platforms, creations/etc where, for instance, you can look directly down.

I.e., perhaps someone might create a tower with a skywalk, with the skywalk being see-through so you can look directly down.
    Or perhaps it will help in a maze by giving people clues (through a small, see-through 'peeping hole').

People could create 'display' cases for things like, say, special dimension item drops that they've managed to obtain that drop from raid boss monsters/etc. Create a mini-Museum/collection in their Dimension.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Blocks, more blocks and even more blocks. All shapes and sizes, while premade items are great for some things, building blocks can become anything.

I had a thought while doing the 'Dream Hive' story quests in Eastern Holdings.

This might seem a bit too weird, but would it be possible to create a Dimension Object that grants players the sort of big floaty jumps that you can perform in those areas? That was all kinds of fun.

I don't know about the sort of limitiations the system's got, or even if this would really be a good idea anyway. But, hey.

I would like to see the Dimensional Engineer give consistent building blocks. Currently he sells Wood Planks, Stone Tiles, and Metal Poles. Having all of one type, probably wood (since it's the most basic) would be great. I get the whole, 'rely on others' thing, but that's taking it a bit too far.

So unless I want to buy the most basic building blocks from other people, I'm stuck with making buildings that have stone floors, wood walls/roofs, and metal supports? I will never get the crafting professions that make the other building blocks because I only play a rogue, what do I need an armor/weaponsmith/artificer for?

So, please, make the Engineer consistent, make him give out all of just one type of building block.

Quote Originally Posted by Danitsia View Post

- Wall collections (different types to choose from).
    - Roof collections (different types to choose from).
    - Door collections (different types to choose from).
    - Stair collections (different types to choose from).
    - Fence collections (different types to choose from).
    - Fountains (different types to choose from).
    - Wall Decor (Pictures, Tapestries, Wallpaper, etc.)
    - Bathroom/Kitchen Items (stoves, sinks, toilets, etc)
    - Utensils (Plates, mugs, glasses, knives, forks, spoons, etc.)
    - Books (ones you can write in, seal, and then display publically)
    - Bulletin Boards (craftable, you can put them up in on the wall and allow folks to leave messages on them, setting it to public, guild, or private).

Yes yes yes.. PLEASE.. add in

- railings (various types, wood log, iron grating, wood lattice)
    Aesha - The Fabled @ IceWatch

The four biggest things I want to see (soon) are:

*Multicolored tiles/cubes/planks/poles/rectangles*

Currently the building-block shape variety is all shades of grey.

*Signage*

25 char at least. On mouseover only, of course. Wouldn't want to be forced to name everything "ye olde tavern".

On a related note, shops and important rooms in cities in the game could use these, too.

*Paintings/Portraits*

Ideally ones we could take ourselves with screecaps, but a wide variety of in-game heroes, monsters, and zones would be sufficient. Those walls won't fill themselves!

*Readable Books from the Books Tab*

I always assumed that all those books we've collected would automatically become placeable in our dimensions, and still be able to read on click. Books tab, y u no in my dimension!?

Also:

*Water Tiles*

Yep. Give us water cubes, too! We know you have them!

*Plushies*

Our dimensions could use a bit of life in them. Stationary non-combat mobs would be awesome. I want to filll long grass with raptors. You already kinda do this with the bartender.

*Companions*

Our pets tab is filled with things that never see the light of day. Let us stick them in our dimensions where someone is more likely to get a glimpse! So long as they take up an item slot, it shouldn't get too out of hand. Let us name them while you're at it, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Magis View Post
    You do have to realize some of what your proposing is not possible without huge demands on the server for every player in a separate dimension; You might compromise and allow certain objects to be per guild so the burden is shared by multiple players in the same zone.

That aside I wouldn't mind some NPCs in my dimension, say a drink vendor like Jarvis but stationary (put him behind a bar) A personal, and guild banker, soul healer, kind of make your dimension or guild's dimension to be a one stop shop for all your needs free from the overcrowding of a big city if you so choose.
    There is already a bartender in the game, it is purchased with lucky coins

Castle stuff!

There's a lot of items I'd like to see, but I could make do with some castle parts! Portcullis, drawbridge, and how about some windows and doors too? Dimensions are awesome, but could definitely do with some extra items

Water. Just like you can buy stone in the form of boulders or cubes or tiles, make water available so that we can build our own lakes and pools or add on to existing ones. Also, this needs to be swimmable.

Related to that, make other types of fluids available, such as mud, tar, milk, etc...

Rusted Entertainers

Definitely, Rusted Entertainers!

glass tiles
    a hot tub or pool or both

training dummies

Lots of this has been said probably, but what I would love to see:
    - Possibility to place houses in various sizes with materials in your bags
    - Training dummies
    - Pet zoo  great idea!
    - Fish in the pools
    - Carpets
    - Paddock where you can have your mounts walk around a bit.
    o Possible different sizes so depending on size a max amount of mounts can be placed in there
    - Thinking about minigames:
    o Farmville-esque possibilities! Create a farmpatch, put in seeds, give water, wait a week and get some nice stuff like plants, veggies to use as dimensional items
    - Interactive chairs
    - Thrones
    - Critters
    - Bulletin boards
    - When you have them in your possession: ability to let Yarvis roam around in your dimension (incl. the buy/sell functionality). Same for that bank fellow
    - Possibility to place a mailbox
    - Railings
    -

Teleporters. Like those ones you use in Seratos - Necropolis/etc.
    That way we can get from one location to another very fast; we can go from the botton of an area to the top of an area very fast without having to use up a ton of items that squeezes us out from underneath our item limit caps; and we can also create teleport-based puzzlers.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

1.Storage for your book collections (right click one as if you were using it to read)

2. NPC monsters.

3. Actual Crafting machines so you can craft inside your dimension.

4. Portals that can be bought and set to a desired location within your dimension

Animated items like the beehive:

Birdbath with bathing/flying birds.
    Fishpond with goldfish swimming.
    Windows and doors that open and close with a click.

Nina the Barista - for those people who may be aiming their dimension at kids or don't want to promote alcohol use. Extra points if it gives a short speed buff for those jumping puzzles.

Household items like cups, bowls, plates, glasses.

Drapes - specially red velvet to match the velvet chairs.

Jungle cat skin (with head even).

Teddy bear.

Seasonal decorations, especially Christmas trees with lights and presents to go with them.

More platinum to buy it all with. On that note - more variety of items to buy with lucky coins from the artifact vendor.

Anything weird and wonderfully shaped that we can use to build other things.

More time to build it all!

I love the concept of Inert Defiant and Guardian Sourcestone. I'd like to see a few more objects like that but not heaps of them. (3 would be a good number).

A little football field for guild dimensions maybe as a little mini game

+ Reply to Thread