+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What are some DIMENSION OBJECTS you would like to see in the game to place in your Dimension?

I'm seeing this in other posts and I agree, account-wide/bound dimensions. I'm not sure that I want to spend the time/effort on separate dimensions for all of my alts, but I would like to access one (or a shared set) of dimensions from all. Maybe some amount of shared storage to go along with that?

Higher item counts! 500 items for Dormant Core? No where near enough! I know, back-end resources on the game.. but these are instanced (could be different server hardware) and I work with big data... disk space and RAM are cheap!

Letting critters roam. Either our own NCC's or new ones to purchase?

Storage!!

There are items such as the leather working table, so let us craft! I don't need the vendors or recipes, but allow us to have storage to keep the mats on hand. Yes, you will have to go the city to resupply or skill up (or even to make the cool-down items). I don't have any issues with that, as long as I don't have to keep all that stuff on my toon.

Covers/skins: Ground - grass, sand, water/puddles, flooring, rugs; Walls - colors/paint, wall papers, textures; Item variations (ok pushing it here) - skins, textures, colors. I realize you can't give us an entire developer tool-set but man would it be fun (product spin-off?).

Allow us to set the time of day. I like that it changes, but I'd also like to stop it, because I really like the...

Lighting effects - I like the street lights that come on at night (and the entry light on the hut in Faen's Retreat), but both of the torches are always lit? There is one glowing orb, but how about a cube or triangle, or may be colored gems or glowing liquids. May be I missed it but is there an object like the fire in the fireplace of the hut? Candles, candelabras, or lanterns. Possibly a lantern with a spot/cone effect? On/off for any of the above?

Someone mentioned it above, adjustable water levels. Can the swim plane be optional?

This list could go on, but I think those are the major ones.

I would love a storage chest to put unused items in.
    More flowers way more flowers.
    The ability to remove trees and fences that are in the area already.
    Interactive cushions and chairs.
    Critters.
    There is already so much there that is so amazing . Thank you thank you thank you. I'm sure in the future we will all think of so many things. Don't get frustrated with us. We just love this so much our hearts are filled with endless possibility. You are making so many of them come true. You have added so much from player wishes. Never ever did I even think for one min a game company would add stuff just because gamers wanted it and for no other reason. I came to rift because it was fun and beautiful. I stayed because you want us. You will do small things to show us we aren't just customers. We are a community.
    Through our bitching our trolling. You stand by us ,and still reach new heights of showing us rift is not just Trions its our game to . Thank you .
    I love you and you and you and you. I'm still thinking on you however.

I agree with being able to display your companion pets. Most of them don't see the light of day and this is a good opportunity to display what some people have spent hours upon hours collecting. Wasn't there a feature like this in EverQuest? I don't so much want to be able to have them all follow me around in my dimension (but it would be an interesting effect for the consumable Mystery Bar), but to just place them in an area where they can do their random pet movements.

I agree with the target dummies idea. It is irritating to be testing a dps spec out just to realize there is a Beast Master attacking your target. It's even harder if you are trying to test a single target Cabalist rotation because you can't attack a dummy with other dummies beside them because there is an aoe spell thrown in the rotation.

So many great ideas out there. I'm all for anything that adds to Dimensions without impacting the purpose of major cities. For example no banks, auction houses or crafting stations. Everything else.....the sky is the limit here. Here's my wish list from an earlier post.

1 - Target Dummies (if I had to pick one thing, this is it)
    2 - Fishing allowed (maybe require max skill to do this)
    3 - Mounts / Stables (have a size limit of course, but allow semi-free roaming mounts)
    4 - Free Roaming Companion Pets
    5 - Plaques / Banners which represent elite in-game achievements that can be displayed
    6 - Wardrobe Display for weapons/gear (great for outdated gear that you still want to keep)
    7 - Lights , being able to toggle lights/candles on or off.
    8 - Ability to buy/sell/store premade items or structures. For example I spend some time and resources designing a large deck. I can then place into a crate and sell it, trade it, or store it for later use.

I think I would most like to see is large, finished pieces of buildings that we can alter and place like other dimension objects. Things like walls and roofs of houses; towers and fortified walls that we have seen on many of the castles in the game; components like stairways, stained glass windows, fences, ramps, and others. The obelisk shrine item is right along the lines that I am thinking. The building blocks offer a great deal of flexibility and much opportunity for creativity, but can often have a rather unpolished appearance. Having large finished components like this could be very useful, as well as keep object counts down.

I know it has been suggested by others but I will say it again as I support the idea fully: allow cosmetic pets to wander around free within a dimension. I would have planar squirrels everywhere!

I'd just like to say that I LOVE this feature!

In addition to most of what has already been named:

-Stable for Mounts (in addition to the pet zoo idea)
    -Customizable Banners/Signs, going hand-in-hand with...
    -Patterns to mesh over building materials (colorful, floral, celestial, etc.)
    -Seasonal Decorations (would be offered during Fae Yule, Summerfest, etc.) - Christmas Trees/Wreaths/Lights, Halloween Scarecrows, Pumpkins, Thanksgiving Feast Tables, Valentine Cards
    -Screenshots to hang as wall art!

I'd really like to see shared storage chests. Something that anybody can put items and money in or take out.
    It could be used as general storage for dimension items, or as a reward for jumping puzzles and mazes.
    It would give me a place to store all those artifacts that I already have collected so that other people can come into my dimension and take whatever they need.
    An option to switch it from public to private would be nice to, in case I just want to store my dimension items without people coming in and taking it.

Another thing I would like to see is being able to use dyes on dimension objects. It would certainly make houses a lot more colorful.

Shared storage tests, I'm positive that if UO can do multiple storage items in an old game, a new game like Rift can do it....and better. Storage is very sparse in a game with so many crafting mats, fluff items, wardrobe items, and many of us have had to start a guild on an alt just to get extra storage space.

Carpets,
    More lighting
    "live" fires for fireplaces.
    Paintings for walls.
    Flower vases
    Flowers for garden.
    Rosy - 50 Cleric
    Wisteria - 50 Mage
    Liziana - 50 Cleric
    Jazzi - 48 Rogue

Houses

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    I like the idea of houses, not all the races have the same style, A Kelari house as seen on Ember, Dwarven like in Three Springs, not sure about Mathosian, perhaps lilke the ones in Belmont.

Also Awnings to add over a balcony.

And yes, storage.
    Good idea, maybe too, a recipe or design so those who want to build their own house would have a pattern to use. Like for those of us who are not gifted in creativity but still want to build up from scratch. Where to I place the living room?. I guess what I'm really just saying is floor plans. Though, I really do like the idea of premade houses too.

Smile Displays

Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    So many great ideas out there. I'm all for anything that adds to Dimensions without impacting the purpose of major cities. For example no banks, auction houses or crafting stations. Everything else.....the sky is the limit here. Here's my wish list from an earlier post.

3 - Mounts / Stables (have a size limit of course, but allow semi-free roaming mounts)
    5 - Plaques / Banners which represent elite in-game achievements that can be displayed
    6 - Wardrobe Display for weapons/gear (great for outdated gear that you still want to keep)
    8 - Ability to buy/sell/store premade items or structures. For example I spend some time and resources designing a large deck. I can then place into a crate and sell it, trade it, or store it for later use.
    I'd also like to see a place we can display the books we've discovered in our travels. The ones we collect. I'd still like to see them in our collections, but be able to display them on a bookcase so others can see and possibly read while they visit our dimension. However, no matter how we have the dimension set, (able to take leave, etc) these items cannot be taken or added to except from the owner of the dimension (preventing someone who didn't find the book from adding it to their collection. Don't want to take away the fun of discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post

I want companions linked to my characters to be able to roam around.

I'd also like a choice of background music/sounds. I love my Tavern but I hate the heavy Defiant music, I'd rather have the tweeting birds and happy sounds.
    Rosy - 50 Cleric
    Wisteria - 50 Mage
    Liziana - 50 Cleric
    Jazzi - 48 Rogue

I agree with the fishing, we need to fish off of our docks that we build!

Also I would like to see different shapes of objects like circles, arches, spheres, tubes, cylinders etc.
    Glass panes flat and rounded would be nice too.

Some sort of dye system for decorations would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Conclusion View Post
    Fish in the pools
    Be able to fish in your dimension if there is a pond or a pool ofc.
    I would like special fish added in dimensions that become a dimension only item, such as a trophy we can place or a fish we can craft a deco item with.

I think, it would be nice to be able to choose, completed huts/buildings to add to our dimensions, its quite hard trying to build a good looking hut/house with the materials we have been given so far.

I would really like to see more textiles in the Dimension items such as:
    • Rugs
    • Curtains
    • Material pieces to make up tents of whatever shape and size you desire
    • Cushions
    I would also like to see some reality items, such as
    • Toilets or toilet cubicles
    • Wash basins with water in them
    • an area of water that you could size to put in a bath, pond etc.
    Cosmetic items
    • More colours on items
    • More variety of textured items like tiles
    • Different colours of wood
    • Different hues to lights, some were too white for the look I wanted, which was warmer

I just realized, I didn't put in one of my most hoped-for item:

The Storage Box
    A box you can have in your dimension that will hold your dimension items (so long as the numbed does not exceed the number of items in your dimension). This would stop avid builders from constantly having to cart around dimension items in their packs, or place each and every one before leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Erisad View Post
    +1 to everyone's ideas, plus a moving crate as a storage solution for extra house items. So far moving crate only appears when we change houses.
    Also, it would be nice if existing tiles/blocks scaled a bit larger, as it would save us the item count

You must play Ultima Online...
    [MAIN] Danitsia,
    52 Mathosian Mage
    Favorite Specs:
    51 Chloromancer
    51 Pyromancer
    51 Archon

GM of The Last Prophecy (Greybriar)
    www.tlp-guild.com

I would like to have the option to glue together objects and save them to an item i can place into my inventory. I would like to be able to name the item and place it on a personal vendor within my dimension for sale. I believe Second Life gave the option to do this, but unlike Rift, you could also edit the appearance of your avatar. I don't really care about making costumes or facial jewelry but I would like to craft some furniture or sculptures and sell them such as a spiral staircase for your house in your dimension.

I've been playing MMO's for nearly 20 years and the ones I loved the most are the ones with housing in them. AND I STILL PLAY UO! I play UO still because we run a player-made city called Vamp's Lair that holds 17 houses owned by our guild... each house has a different theme (since in UO we're an evil RP guild). Most of the ideas you see come from UO, but I also played DAOC and their houses structures were amazing as well.

Some ideas that come from Ultima Online:

- Wall collections (different types to choose from).
    - Roof collections (different types to choose from).
    - Door collections (different types to choose from).
    - Stair collections (different types to choose from).
    - Fence collections (different types to choose from).
    - Fountains (different types to choose from).
    - Wall Decor (Pictures, Tapestries, Wallpaper, etc.)
    - Bathroom/Kitchen Items (stoves, sinks, toilets, etc)
    - Utensils (Plates, mugs, glasses, knives, forks, spoons, etc.)
    - Books (ones you can write in, seal, and then display publically)
    - Bulletin Boards (craftable, you can put them up in on the wall and allow folks to leave messages on them, setting it to public, guild, or private).
    - Town Cryer (Also for guild dimensions only --- you set them to respond to certain word clues you set up... a person says a keyword and the cryer returns a pre-set phrase).
    - Beer/Wine Bottles (with kegs to make them & label them then be able to sell them).
    - Gardens (with the ability to collect seeds & grow varying plants that you can pot and sell)
    - Name Tags for Houses/Structures that allows you to give each an unique name.
    - (BIG BIG STRETCH) Stables with a stablehand that you can store your mounts in & then claim the ones you want to use, while leaving the others to roam around a PEN for display.

Some ideas from Dark Age of Camelot:

- Crafting Vendors/Trainer Deeds.
    - Crafting Workspace Deeds. (Forge, Workbench, Loom, Lab)
    - Healer Deed (Soul heal at your house; could be for guild dimensions only)
    - Guild Vaults (Only in guild dimensions in addition to Guild Banks, that upgrade with cash from the guild bank)
    - Personal Banker Deed (access to your personal bank)
    - Trophies (the heads of bosses you kill; could be a deed that is dropped in raids then you can display in your house)
    - (BIG BIG STRETCH) Personal Vendor Deed (set a personal vendor that sells your goods in your house, could be for guild dimensions only)

<3 Dani
    [MAIN] Danitsia,
    52 Mathosian Mage
    Favorite Specs:
    51 Chloromancer
    51 Pyromancer
    51 Archon

GM of The Last Prophecy (Greybriar)
    www.tlp-guild.com

+ Reply to Thread