+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NB Change!!

NB Change!!

Dusk Strike: Now applies Emptiness, increasing the damage of Dusk Strike by 10% and its cost by 3 Energy per stack.

Ebon Fury: Function changed - Dusk Strike and Twilight Force do not cost Energy. 15 second duration.
    This change is great Trion, thanks!

They broke Ebon Fury. It is removing the stacks of Emptiness like it did before the patch. Either this had to be added to tooltip OR let us keep our stacks. I personally want to keep the stacks, our 2 min cooldown should be a dps gain.

anyone else notice this?

Havent rly looke much into is as i am more frustrated with the energy starvation problems on most specs....GRRR trion... So much for rogues doing dps without the need of buffs/pots for energy.... Seriusly even with both tactician and bd energy talents and the bd energy return on finishers AND living energy i still manage to find myslef starved like wtf.....

The whole debuff is just a stupid mechanic and a 2 min cooldown that removes a self debuff? Terrible design. Just give us a god dam dps increase instead of nerfing Rogues in every tree.... holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The whole debuff is just a stupid mechanic and a 2 min cooldown that removes a self debuff? Terrible design. Just give us a god dam dps increase instead of nerfing Rogues in every tree.... holy crap.
    I mean the debuff adds damage to it but makes it cost more. Ebon Fury should allow you to do it without the cost but still stack the debuff. If it cost 100 energy per when Ebon Fury falls off, ok but at least our 2 min cool down will be a significant dps gain while it is up.

I did quick math on this one, if you go into Ebon Fury with 5 stacks of Emptiness you should end the cast with 20 stacks (15 sec buff means 1 Dusk Strike per gcd without finishers). This will have the last Dusk Strike hitting for 200% of the original value (1500*3=4500), which is a little over powered. Considering your dusk strikes will cost 60 energy more (3*20) you will have to wait for emptiness to fall off completely before trying to cast it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessel View Post
    I mean the debuff adds damage to it but makes it cost more. Ebon Fury should allow you to do it without the cost but still stack the debuff. If it cost 100 energy per when Ebon Fury falls off, ok but at least our 2 min cool down will be a significant dps gain while it is up.

I did quick math on this one, if you go into Ebon Fury with 5 stacks of Emptiness you should end the cast with 20 stacks (15 sec buff means 1 Dusk Strike per gcd without finishers). This will have the last Dusk Strike hitting for 200% of the original value (1500*3=4500), which is a little over powered. Considering your dusk strikes will cost 60 energy more (3*20) you will have to wait for emptiness to fall off completely before trying to cast it again.
    The stacks cap at 5. With 5 stacks it hits for close to what it hit for before the change without a debuff on it.

The idea behind the Emptiness mechanic is that without using Dusk Strike in your regular rotation you should have a slight net gain in Energy. Then you can use that excess Energy at an appropriate time to use Dusk Strike to improve DPS. The stacking debuff is there to prevent spamming it.

This is, of course, when under the benefit of Anthem of Fervor or Living Energy. Balancing Energy around anything else is fairly irrelevant since you won't be in sustained combat with DPS checks outside of raiding environments anyway.

+ Reply to Thread