+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Concerns with PvP DMG vs Healing

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    I'm going to assume that 4050 valor is probably going to be ~43% mitigation, since without a sigil and runes/PA, that's roughly what I have at level 50 on live. So, if they plan on keeping the percentages roughly the same, I'm going to venture a guess that 1% reduction = ~95 valor at 60. Honestly, I'm not really sure why they scaled the valor so far down in the beta for level 50's.
    It's not really that they scaled the Valor down, our valor values are now just in relation to the new valor values and the displayed reduction calculation in our stats windows are broken. Since none of the new Beta testers can get to level 60 and start getting the new gear, discussing Valor is kind of pointless at this stage. All we can do is try to test builds against other builds, but even then, so many abilities are broken, it's hard to even gauge that.

I've relented to testing on the practice dummies and trying to make sure I bring up issues I know are wrong. PvP won't be ANYTHING like it is in its current broken state, so there's really very little to actually test against other players, especially with so many players abusing what's broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    It's not really that they scaled the Valor down, our valor values are now just in relation to the new valor values and the displayed reduction calculation in our stats windows are broken. Since none of the new Beta testers can get to level 60 and start getting the new gear, discussing Valor is kind of pointless at this stage. All we can do is try to test builds against other builds, but even then, so many abilities are broken, it's hard to even gauge that.

I've relented to testing on the practice dummies. PvP won't be ANYTHING like it is in its current broken state, so there's really very little to actually test, especially with so many players abusing what's broken.
    You make a really good point. I think I'm done arguing and time to go enjoy more of the beta before it is ripped from me!

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I think I'm done arguing and time to go enjoy more of the beta before it is ripped from me!
    ...same here.

It is going to happen anyways mainly because the lower tier of pvp gear will not be around so what we have in beta is what it is on live. Players who spend a little extra time to gear up in epic gear then jump into live pvp in the lower brackets tend to do A LOT better than those just trying to get through their bracket. In this case we are all just lvling up through the bracket its just some players had the time to push through the ranks before and gear up or hit every raid and grind through ID, they are the twinks of the early brackets and will eventually get through to move on to bigger and better things.
    Except we know how badly twinks went, and we know how badly it affected level 10-49 PvP to the point that level locking was removed entirely.
    Even if the most of the old PvP gear isbeing removed, this does not entail the reduction of valor to such an incredible degree as to turn level 50-60 PvP, into another spectacle of level 40-49 PvP.

no valor means you take all of the damage someone is capable of dealing, and with only 10% mitigation, it is possible for a 51 pyro to rip off all of your health with Fulminate and fireball alone.
    This is not something that can be considered acceptable, and going by the idea of "oh they're removing the oldest PvP gear so its okay" is a poor argument that does not justify it.

Currently on live it is difficult to balance pvp through the earlier levels without knowing exactly how it will effect end game. That is sort of what is going on, damage is high and in cases a little weird but to try and balance things right now with early level 50's is probably not to great of an idea.
    That makes very little sense, since again, the game is about progression.
    Providing valor to lower levels does not at all cause issues to end game because valor is just one part of the equation. It makes up the defensive aspect, not the offensive aspect which constantly grows.

i.e. p1-p8, valor remained the same but base stats increased.
    I cannot see where you are drawing the conclusion that normalizing valor as it is on live currently would do anything to end game considering valor is one stat against many others.

Also your idea to keep valor as it is on live is a bit nutty. If you saw the total valor you have on beta then look at the gear being offered as reward you'd probably think the same.
    Ignorant statement, I have seen the valor on the PvP gear being offered in Tempest Bay, that doesn't at all refute my argument. If anything, it only supports it.
    In fact, the current gameplay in PvP on beta supports it.
    When you are capable of ripping off 5k health ina single hit, without a crit, and when healing has been reduced so much that it literally does not have enough time to counter that much damage, then it is obvious that the removal of valor from pre 60 gear is a bad idea.
    Mitigation would be through the roof to the point that fights would be sluggishly slow. If your suggesting that everyone have equal valor, me personally, I do not care but I think a lot would. Progression is with the gear stats yes, but I noticed most of the progression is going to Endurance which has me wondering on how well the pvp gear will do if I have to go open world with it.
    Again you bring up mitigation going through the roof, and again I seemingly must repeat myself because you did not read my statement.

Normalizing valor means that everyone gets the same amount of valor on their gear regardless if it is p12 or p80
    Why you keep bringing up such an easily refutable statement is beyond me.
    Again valor is just one part of the equation, the rest of the base stats make up the rest of it, especially endurance which provides you a much larger HP pool.
    Valor should be left as it is in its current iteration on live.

The new gear and essences provide higher damage capability, and provide a larger HP pool.
    You get progression, and you don't entirely kill off PvP until you hit level 60

PvP already has enough problems within the community.
    My honest opinion is that the beta should test pvp and the classes with the many builds at lvl 60 with MAX pvp gear then adjust from there, as for the lower levels and their brackets, damage nerfs and buffs SHOULD ONLY EFFECT PVP. We do not want the out come of pvp flaws to completely flip the pve side up side down.
    Well two points to that matter.

First, in this current beta those who are not within alpha are stuck at level 52. You cannot advanced to 60 to test different builds nor earn the currency required for that PvP gear.

Second, it would not even matter because just a brief glance at the abilities gives an idea of how much damage can be output.
    If Trion plans to buff souls, we can only assume that the amount of burst will increase regardless if you have 76 points in the soul tree or 66 points in the soul tree.

After all, what matters in PvP is burst, not constant damage. IN that aspect, having an extra 10 points doesn't make or break anything, especially if I can prime a target with 5 combust stacks and fulminate it for 9k without a crit.

You make a really good point. I think I'm done arguing and time to go enjoy more of the beta before it is ripped from me!
    =( I have class.

as Healing Debuffs are only 10% coming from 50% healing was already heavily adjusted in beta.

Besides: HP went up to by 20-30% on my nightblade im at 14k hp up from about 11k.

Well right now the healing is nerfed by a ton, even compared to Live.

Downpour hitting for 300, I lold.
    <Vendetta>

pvp means you kill ppl, not heal them -.-

+ Reply to Thread