+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Results 201 to 212 of 212

Thread: Lack of macros?

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
    Please no one pulls top DPS with a one button spam. No one with two buttons is topping either and if they are considering similar equiptment, your not as good as you thought. However, I would bet you use KBM, Kauul etc as you raid. So don't talk about skill if you do. All the information you need is in the standard UI, add-ons, like macros, are there to assist players. Nothing more nothing less.
    (On live) You can pull very close to top 51 Druid DPS with three macros, one of which is a cooldown.
    You can pull very close to top warrior DPS with three macros, depending which paragon spec you're using.
    Can't speak to rogues.

  2. #202
    Incidentally, what is up with Reaver? I have only looked at it very briefly so feel free to correct me where I am wrong but:

    In SL, tanks are meant to have some extra component such as higher DPS when they are not the primary target of aggression, to improve their contribution to the raid when they are offtanking. However, for balance reasons, they cannot do high DPS and tank at the same time.

    Cleric I am not familiar with. Rogue has Stalker/Guardian Phase and a +30% DPS/+30% damage taken toggle. Reaver is supposed to have the highest DPS of the warriors, but how is it determined such that you can't just have super high DPS fulltime?

    Is it not determined simply by the debuffs? You have your old set of defensive DoTs along with the effects they proc (Binding of Death etc) and then the new offensive ones. Isn't the idea that you just use the offensive ones when you are offtanking or if you get spare moments when maintanking, and otherwise stick to the defensive ones? Offensive ones also adding some depth to PvP and potential cross-specs too.

    That is the impression I got from looking at Reaver. You have a ton of abilities, but there's no reason you have to be using all of them at any one time.

  3. #203
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnz View Post
    (On live) You can pull very close to top 51 Druid DPS with three macros, one of which is a cooldown.
    You can pull very close to top warrior DPS with three macros, depending which paragon spec you're using.
    Can't speak to rogues.
    Close is not top. The elite are still the elite.

  4. #204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    180
    Raen...I really think the issue is people see the buttons and think they should be able to use them all in every circumstance. Look at the angst that they don't have one spec the rocks both ST and AE dps at once. Now I am not saying they are bad or have a false sense of entitlement.

    I think to an extent it is learned behavior. For a while now they had one dps spec for multiple fight types. Since sabodancer got trashed rogues haven't had one dps for all season same goes for Mages after the old school SC based build got snapped. So something that has some warriors bent is something many of us see as normal.

    They also have had very few times where they HAD to change tank specs as well of late, even though the strength of the warrior tank was supposed to be more tank souls so more tanking flexibility. Now warriors have to deal with a different world. They need seperate builds for different fights dps wise and abilities in reaver that may not be intended to all be used as part of a "standard" rotation but may be more situational in nature.

  5. #205
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
    Close is not top. The elite are still the elite.
    If the elite are so elite, then they need not worry if someone uses a macro. Problem solved.
    Slinging arrows for Realm Guardians on Greybriar while dancing around Maelforge's corpse.

  6. #206
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Raen...I really think the issue is people see the buttons and think they should be able to use them all in every circumstance. Look at the angst that they don't have one spec the rocks both ST and AE dps at once. Now I am not saying they are bad or have a false sense of entitlement.

    I think to an extent it is learned behavior. For a while now they had one dps spec for multiple fight types. Since sabodancer got trashed rogues haven't had one dps for all season same goes for Mages after the old school SC based build got snapped. So something that has some warriors bent is something many of us see as normal.

    They also have had very few times where they HAD to change tank specs as well of late, even though the strength of the warrior tank was supposed to be more tank souls so more tanking flexibility. Now warriors have to deal with a different world. They need seperate builds for different fights dps wise and abilities in reaver that may not be intended to all be used as part of a "standard" rotation but may be more situational in nature.
    No. This is not what people are saying at all.
    Kaybye - Tabula Rasa - 11/11 (Conq), 8/8 ID (Conq) - Still Only raiding 9 hours a week.

  7. #207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    180
    Even the "non-elite" don't need macros. I know people don't want to here it but this is Trion's attempt to get a TSW/GW2 game play where you don't need to macro multiple abilities. Throw your old optimized builds in the trash can. The new builds are all being balanced on 51 points builds and they want to know when hybrids are beating these builds...per the devs themselves.

    So look at what you want to do, pick the right souls, then pick the abilities that do the max dps. Pro tip if you old insta builder does less damage than a new one with no added advantage (debuff, DoT etc.) you aren't supposed to use it after you are a high enough level.

    Basically people need to look at the souls this way...

    "If I was a new player with no experience in Rift how would I make this work."

    If people did this I think this thread would instead be entitled...

    Why did we have to change so much because people would see macros are simply not as necessary as they used to be.

  8. #208
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    compete at the highest levels in a skill-based environment
    Button mashing, two or twenty, is not a "skill based" environment. Especially not in a reactive game. In essence Trion can design Rift to be "skill based" on three buttons or thirty or can, as it is now, make the game much less skill based on two or twenty.

  9. #209
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    22
    I know people keep repeating "2 button spec" but this is a massive overexaggeration.

    I have 3 characters in ID, two are 8/8, one is 7/8, and the vast majority of my specs are 5-8 buttons with 8-12 situationals. None of the specs were ever really 2 button.

    Personally I liked the way it was previously, where some abilities, like shadow fire, although they COULD be macroed, they should *not* be for highest dps, because the buff duration is longer then the cooldown. Once a person got use to the spec they could pull it out of their spec and manage individually. Same with many other abilities.

    That's what I liked about rift, you could jump right into something, start getting better, and then fine tune it for maximum dps/hps

    I get done playing rift these days and my forearm or wrist can hurt some times. I'm really not looking to that getting worse just so some 13 year old kids can chest beat about how they enjoy managing 4 hotbars x12 abilities for all manual specs because they're "Pro". If I didn't have a job and my only responsibilities were to steal dad's playboys, eat, and relieve oneself, I'd be pro at pressing 8 hotbars x12 abilities too.

    In summary, I think they've gone too far away from macroable. Would be nice if some cooldowns were re-added.

  10. #210
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Terribella View Post
    I know people keep repeating "2 button spec" but this is a massive overexaggeration.

    I have 3 characters in ID, two are 8/8, one is 7/8, and the vast majority of my specs are 5-8 buttons with 8-12 situationals. None of the specs were ever really 2 button.

    Personally I liked the way it was previously, where some abilities, like shadow fire, although they COULD be macroed, they should *not* be for highest dps, because the buff duration is longer then the cooldown. Once a person got use to the spec they could pull it out of their spec and manage individually. Same with many other abilities.

    That's what I liked about rift, you could jump right into something, start getting better, and then fine tune it for maximum dps/hps

    I get done playing rift these days and my forearm or wrist can hurt some times. I'm really not looking to that getting worse just so some 13 year old kids can chest beat about how they enjoy managing 4 hotbars x12 abilities for all manual specs because they're "Pro". If I didn't have a job and my only responsibilities were to steal dad's playboys, eat, and relieve oneself, I'd be pro at pressing 8 hotbars x12 abilities too.

    In summary, I think they've gone too far away from macroable. Would be nice if some cooldowns were re-added.
    I agree!
    These changes are one of the reasons me and my family will NOT be playing SL. Its one of the reasons we are NOT currently playing rift now!

  11. #211
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoern View Post
    Button mashing, two or twenty, is not a "skill based" environment. Especially not in a reactive game. In essence Trion can design Rift to be "skill based" on three buttons or thirty or can, as it is now, make the game much less skill based on two or twenty.
    This.
    /10char

  12. #212
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    When I first started playing the game, I saw the macro system and thought "The devs get it! " and felt the game was player friendly. Why? Well, most of us have a macro keyboard, mouse, gamepad or all of these combined. I assumed the devs knew this and had leveled the field for those who don't. So what am I supposed to think now?
    Regardless of the in game macro system, I am going to have macros. The previous macro system made it so you don't have to have every expensive toy. What's wrong with that? Did you listen to some elitist tell you that the "average" player shouldn't have macros? If you did I can guarantee you this....that elitist has more macros than 5 average players combined.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts