+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SL Beta Valor

SL Beta Valor

Hi.

I'm R50 & full PVP gear, as Mage I die faster than never, I mean that very quickly =) .. something wrong with valor?

It's not valor. Damage is too high, across the board, by about 20-30%.

Single target healing is too high in some places too.

We are supposed to have an extra 1500+ valor on SL pvp, its probably gonna be like this till we get the new gear ?
    Misterx R43 Mage

Everything is in a state of flux right now.

In my experience over the last month most DPS specs are doing a hell of a lot more damage than on LIVE.
    HP pools haven't kept up but I expect to see sizeable cuts to many DPS specs before SL releases.

valor obviously is broken, it says 58% reduce but its more like 10% reduce in dmg.

When you hit 51 your Valor will go from saying 54% to about 8%.

Some people said this was listed as a bug. Personally I'm not sure if they've made all the valor you've gotten until now useless, putting you back at how you'd be at level 40 as is on live now, or if it really is a bug.

on live i have 60.9% damage reduction on test i have 9.5% something is going on

After seeing pvp gear valor will be much higher at lvl 60
    -> in my opinion you are realy unlikely to see pve gear in pvp again

lets see, full pvp gear and taking 5k hits from tempist, but Fulminate only hits for 2k. can you say garbage?

Yeah, valor is completely fucked up. I really hate this because i'm on beta playing with specs and testing them in pvp and i notice everyone is dying in a couple hits... It's impossible to test a healing spec in pvp if valor is nonexistent. Really ticks me off =/.

Here's what you have to take into account:

With the implementation of an expansion with limitations on players that do not upgrade (unable to level from 50 to 60), Rift now has to keep 2 'levels' of PvP. Level 50 PvP and Level 60 PvP. Pushing Valor up to level 60 levels on level 50 gear would break PvP at level 50.

Valor now HAS to be viewed in 2 contexts. We're still viewing it in the context of Level 50 Valor levels. At level 60, we'll have 4000 Valor and all will be right in the world again.

+ Reply to Thread