+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: champion is kind of annoying... not gonna lie.

  1. #1

    champion is kind of annoying... not gonna lie.

    The way the new abilities work, champion single target rotation is wonky. Cornered beast is annoying to use now. Also champ in general just plays horrible now. I understand this is vague, and maybe I am missing something.

  2. #2
    Like single target rotation for 51/15rb, would it be titans>disrupt>Fiery>Disrupt>Thunderous>Disrupt>Bl adefury...

    pretty much using titans on cooldown, and the spamming disrupt and then a finisher over and over? Cause dude that sucks... The champion as it is now is way way better set up.

    Also every tank build I have tried so far is starved.

  3. #3
    Junior Member Xenophon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    12

    Omg

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerolicious View Post
    The way the new abilities work, champion single target rotation is wonky. Cornered beast is annoying to use now. Also champ in general just plays horrible now. I understand this is vague, and maybe I am missing something.
    And I thought i was the only one thinking this. So true, our current 51 champ is maybe one the of the best and most fun to play specs and then I go to the beta and try and make it the closest i can and it is so clunky and does a fraction of the damage. I will be putting up some dps number with ap and crit values in a future post.

    Tempest one of the best souls
    Beasmaster looks cool
    RB Do not like the burst changes
    and Champ is just ruined
    Love changes to reaver except some of the CD removals.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21
    i love champ now. all aoe baby =)

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Champion is ruined as is the warrior class revamps. I tried the mage harbinger, and wow was that fun.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerolicious View Post
    Like single target rotation for 51/15rb, would it be titans>disrupt>Fiery>Disrupt>Thunderous>Disrupt>Bl adefury...

    pretty much using titans on cooldown, and the spamming disrupt and then a finisher over and over? Cause dude that sucks... The champion as it is now is way way better set up.

    Also every tank build I have tried so far is starved.
    odd i had no issues whatsoever with energy yesterday during an instance run, did have some issues with my aoe macro and not having a spammable cleave tho.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    19
    I think its a bit misleading, they say the champion is the king of AoE and they changed a great deal of abilities to effect AoE. But I parse significantly lower than my champion in live during aoe fights. its slower damage and less damage.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I think its a bit misleading, they say the champion is the king of AoE and they changed a great deal of abilities to effect AoE. But I parse significantly lower than my champion in live during aoe fights. its slower damage and less damage.
    Once we get the 58 point root ability our AoE will improve dramatically. I agree though at the moment it is much weaker than on live.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14

    Not happy with warrior changes...

    I hate the changes to the warrior so far and I think Champ soul reflects most of what I dislike.

    - way to many immediate abilities
    - healing abilites are very sub par and not worth taking
    - bad syngery with other souls

    Other thoughts...are warriors being forced into tanking rolls now and other classes are picking up DPS? What happened to our burst DPS and what is the point of playing warrior DPS with the changes that were made.

    But, this is beta and I'm hoping warrior souls get fixed before release. Otherwise, it will be time to evaluate other classes if I decide to stay after putting so much effort into my warrior hitting R50 and doing much of the PvE content.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Expletus View Post
    Champion is ruined as is the warrior class revamps. I tried the mage harbinger, and wow was that fun.
    I rolled a mage in case 51 champ got destroyed and yeah I was toying around with it and is just bad. The survivability is cool, but the sustained damage is bad

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post

    Other thoughts...are warriors being forced into tanking rolls now and other classes are picking up DPS? What happened to our burst DPS and what is the point of playing warrior DPS with the changes that were made.
    Not sure who told you that. Paragon dps is literally insane right now.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybye View Post
    Not sure who told you that. Paragon dps is literally insane right now.
    I CANNOT stand reliance on SLI. I would rather put my nuts ina car door and slam it shut. When that build was basically required I hated every single minute of it. For the love of god please do not force us into that build again as the only viable DPS

  13. #13
    Oh good....I thought it was just me....Noticed significant less damage with Champ too

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I CANNOT stand reliance on SLI. I would rather put my nuts ina car door and slam it shut. When that build was basically required I hated every single minute of it. For the love of god please do not force us into that build again as the only viable DPS
    I thought I was the only one that felt That way about paragon. Lol absolutely hate it with a passion.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
    I thought I was the only one that felt That way about paragon. Lol absolutely hate it with a passion.
    My only issue is being forced to keep a silly buff up. The CD is 12secs and it last 12secs. Easily one of things in MMORPG's that you look at and realize it makes no sense.

    If it is 12sec CD and Buff why not just make it a actual buff?

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    My only issue is being forced to keep a silly buff up. The CD is 12secs and it last 12secs. Easily one of things in MMORPG's that you look at and realize it makes no sense.

    If it is 12sec CD and Buff why not just make it a actual buff?
    Perhaps because it will cost a GCD every 12 seconds? That's significant, you know. It's meant to be a part of your rotation.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I CANNOT stand reliance on SLI. I would rather put my nuts ina car door and slam it shut. When that build was basically required I hated every single minute of it. For the love of god please do not force us into that build again as the only viable DPS
    It's pretty clear that's the direction that they're taking, and I'm disappointed as well. Take heart, however, that if you do go Paragon you'll be one of the few actually playing a melee warrior in SL. The 99% will be all Tempest, all the time, playing the mage in plate mail.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Arandar View Post
    It's pretty clear that's the direction that they're taking, and I'm disappointed as well. Take heart, however, that if you do go Paragon you'll be one of the few actually playing a melee warrior in SL. The 99% will be all Tempest, all the time, playing the mage in plate mail.
    I am doing Tempest. If my choices are long rotations on boss encounters that require constant moving or standing at a distance spamming attacks I am playing a plate wearing mage.

    Can we equip staves? If we are going there then do it right.

  19. #19
    The problem is I do more aoe and st in tempest than champion... and reaver does way more...

    Champion is useless.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14

    Fact or Fiction...

    I hear people SAY they get big numbers with Paragon but I'd really like to know what they condsider to be BIG. What's the DPS you're pulling? Just saying you're doing well doesn't mean you really are...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts