+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will engine optimization happen?

Smile Will engine optimization happen?

The game plays about the same as in the live servers. With cities having the most lag. This game is DX9, not dx10/11 etc. graphics are nice but not the best. (still nice tho) Once The SL expansion hits more players may comeback but if performance is horrible they may back away from it.

My specs:
    Windows 7 64 bit (Custom Built Computer)-- This is a clean install after I performed upgrades to my PC.
    H77 Pro4/MVP (Motherboard)
    I5 2500k @ 3.30Ghz
    Nvidia Gforce 670 (with latest drivers from Nvidia)
    8 GB Ram
    250GB SSD
    500GB HDD
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Working on my degree in Information Technology. Which means that I build my own systems, upgrades etc.

I have run multiple scenarios with different games. and performance is better on TSW (The secret world)
    BF3(Battlefield 3)-- on max with no FPS dropping. Skirym -Maxed with no performance issues. GW2 (after upgrading my CPU this game has no issues whatsoever when playing in WvW). Performed a Heaven DX11 Benchmark and my score increased reflecting the new upgrades, same with 3DMark11.
    I also ran the new Unreal Engine benchmark with tessellation enabled with great results. Overall the engine used in Rift is Gamebrio, this engine itself is not one of the best. But i hope that the Devs can actually improve the performance so players can have a better experience while in cities or huge battles.

I hope that the Devs take notice of this here and respond if they have something in the works for optimization.

Best Regards,
    xeonotrix

As you see, Trion don't give a damn about the performance issues thats been in the game since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by xeonotrix View Post
    Working on my degree in Information Technology. Which means that I build my own systems, upgrades etc.
    First, that doesn't mean a thing, anyone can build a computer nowadays.

Second, Rift hasn't use Gamebryo for it's engine since early Alpha, that was stated in a Livestream around the time of PAX if I remember correctly. If you check their site there is a list of major companies and games that have used it, you will see Rift and Trion and mentioned no where.

Meant to hit preview, ignore the extra "and"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire20 View Post
    First, that doesn't mean a thing, anyone can build a computer nowadays.

Second, Rift hasn't use Gamebryo for it's engine since early Alpha, that was stated in a Livestream around the time of PAX if I remember correctly. If you check their site there is a list of major companies and games that have used it, you will see Rift and Trion and mentioned no where.
    I am pretty sure they purchased rights to use and simply use a HEAVILY modified version. Think of it like a Ford in Nascar. But the foundation is still Gamebryo.

+ Reply to Thread