+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Escape from Tempest Bay

Escape from Tempest Bay

I had no problem transporting myself from Cape Jule to Tempest Bay, but I couldn't find an NPC in Tempest Bay to take me anywhere else. There's a ship out in the water off the harbor, but no one around the docks.

Did I miss something, or are you required to use a porticulum?

There's a porticulum there mate.If you just go straight from where you're first ported,you will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by TehBlondie View Post
    There's a porticulum there mate.If you just go straight from where you're first ported,you will see it.
    Right, I know about the porticulum, right there near the bank/AH/trainers/etc. I would just assume there'd be an NPC allowing you to travel to either of the two continents, much as you can use one to get to TB.

It was only noticeable in the first place because after having done some of C.J., I had no way to check out the other continent without porting back to Sanctum, then to IPP, and then on to Pelladane.

For established players (down the road), it won't be any issue at all, but for newbs, having a ship's captain around for transport might be useful.

That, or have an automatic discovery of both 'landing sites' on the respective continents after reaching Tempest Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce View Post
    Right, I know about the porticulum, right there near the bank/AH/trainers/etc. I would just assume there'd be an NPC allowing you to travel to either of the two continents, much as you can use one to get to TB.

It was only noticeable in the first place because after having done some of C.J., I had no way to check out the other continent without porting back to Sanctum, then to IPP, and then on to Pelladane.

For established players (down the road), it won't be any issue at all, but for newbs, having a ship's captain around for transport might be useful.

That, or have an automatic discovery of both 'landing sites' on the respective continents after reaching Tempest Bay.
    Having a boat can make it easier to travel back to CJ/Tulane.

There does need to be a way to reach the other continent from Tempest Bay. It doesn't make sense to have to return to our faction city only to loop back through IPP in order to reach the other side. We already know it exists, it's already been introduced to us. The loop is needless and repetitive.

If not a boat, set up a couple quest NPCs to port us to the other entry point similar to what the IPP NPCs are going to do for us anyway. It shouldn't take but a few lines of dialog to guide players into the other storyline.

+ Reply to Thread