+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any plans to assist us with the issue of limited bag space?

Any plans to assist us with the issue of limited bag space?

Any plans to assist us with the issue of limited bag space?

this would be nice if something could be done to help us with our issue of limited bag space.

maybe something already done, but any of you mods care to explain how I access such a feature? because my bags are all full.

I hate deleting my cosmetic stuff.

Also a problem when returning to Rift after a break

Before you take a break, you empty all your mail and the bags on all chars get filled up with unsold artifacts and fish and a lot of other stuff, you all know how it is....

Some time later (month, days, hours?) you want to play Rift again, but you remember how you left your bags and you know that you have to spend a lot of time to get some space so you can start to play, and sometimes that is enough to extend the break and instead buy a new, different game (with empty bags and and bank slots).

I think it would be interesting for you to check how many of the inactive Rift-accounts that has run out of bag space. If this number is big, consider what you can do? Bank slot for a reduced price? A huge envelope so we can send 24 items to ourselves in one box and let it stay in our mailbox for a month? More alt slots? A closet in our dimension where we can keep cosmetic items?

I saw an Outfitter recipe for 26 slot bags .... there is also a 32 slot bag for like 4k off a vendor

Storage was one of the reasons why I left Rift in the first place. It just got out of control. I should not have to make mules to store crafting mats and other gear. So when I heard Storm Legion would finally have some housing. I decided to come back and give Rift another try.

This is a great reason why with dimensions it would be great to give them some use besides being an RP tool. You can buy, crates, chests, and other items that would be great for storing stuff however they are just vanity items.

I really hope dimensions do not end up being just for show.

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    I saw an Outfitter recipe for 26 slot bags .... there is also a 32 slot bag for like 4k off a vendor
    4k is a little rediculous. Unless you are a broker and flip servers for profit all the time, the average player that trys a little to make plat has about 600 to 1k plat, but most dont even try to make economics part of their game so I am sure the average is around 200 to 400 plat.

The bag being up there for around 300 plat would be more reasonable.

I was looking for new recipes for dimension items using "old world" mats but could not find any. Has anyone seen them?

Hanging onto lower level mats takes up a LOT of storage space it would be good to know if we can free up that space or if it will go to the vendor.

- also I agree 4k is very high for the 32 slot bag

4k is nuts, lol.

I`ve never seen a 32 bag slot that a vendor sells. Where i
    Are they located at?

A suspicious merchant in Tempest Bay sells it in a far-off corner.

Personally I don't mind it, simply because it is a unique bag (i.e. only one equippable per character) so it isn't something you are going to obtain immediately. Also, a massive gold sink for them. Most people will be satisfied with Outfitter's 28-slot bags. and won't bother with an extra 4 slots. For those who can be bothered, that's 4k plat that is removed from the system. Curb any inflation.

Of course, I'm not against them dropping the plat amount either.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Since your on beta you should know that outfitters get new bag recipes that in short time on beta will have you sporting 28 slot bags in every slot and hopefully one 32 as your main backpack.

On live right now you can always do what everyone else does and make a < Bank Alt > guild and throw all your non soulbound items you dont need right away or plan to sell in there. (I guess you could do the same on beta >_>)

how about adding a crafting mat tab to the bank like GW2?

so they dont take up space.

same for costumes, and low level models.

Quote Originally Posted by knighthonor View Post

This, a thousand times this! That is one GW2 best features, and one RIFT is in *dire* need of... with all the mats, fluff and planar items we have, bag space is never enough. Especially now that we can put stuff from other armour classes in our wardrobe, and with all the new crafting mats we're getting...

To whom suggested we all make a GUILD for our bank alt: in all honesty, it's ridiculous that we need to do that in order not to pull our hair off.

There are different ways the devs could go about it:

1) give us the option to purchase either a new row of bags for our bank, or (this would be so much better, to avoid even more clutter in the screen while looking at the bank) to purchase additional bank tabs, as if it was a guild bank

2) if they don't want our banks to become inflated add new tabs to our banks but let us store in them only certain type of things: a tab for crafting mats, a tab for rift consumables, a tab for costumes only

3) make crating mats to stack to a much higher number, like 250/300

4) make every kind of consumable stack to 99, not only the new survival food; this means bought drinks, mana/health/whatever pots/vials/serums

4) make new tabs in our character page, like we have for mounts and pets, for fluff items (all the runes that apply visual effects to us/weapons, the items that make us throw money or summon fake artifacts and the like)

5) a GW2-style collectibles tabs just for artifacts we already have... I love artifacts, but I have a bank alt with something like 180 mails full of them... I really don't know how to do with them all -_- (waiting for a guildie to come back in SL so I can give him all the ones he lacks, but even then it's ridiculous)

6) making the mails keep many more stuff... 6 slots is absurdly little, especially if we consider the fact when we open the mails, more slots are shown, just empty)

I don't know if an additional bank space in our dimension would be easy to implement, since when you change from one dimension to another, all your goods have to be moved too, but it would be a *really* nice addition as well

C'mon Trion, your players have been crying since forever for some help with bank space, now's the right time to help them!

Edit: also, since we're on the topic of lack of space... please add more macro slots and a couple of role slots too

Another feature that needs to be thought about is the BoA Starting Backpack, i forget what its called and cant log-in to the client ATM, but if your a SL account that Bag should its slots increased, only to those that have bought that feature or SL Expac of course, im thinking that if the bag doesnt get increased that was a waste of RL Money and foresee many ppl getting refunds for that feature, feedback anyone?

The 32 slot bag is a cash sink, there is a lot of money in the economy right now. WoW as well as other games have offered large cash items to help pull some of the money out. I think the bag is great, I assume the 2k item that vendor sells will be used to craft other large bags. I wish the 4k bag wasnt unique as id like to purchase a few but one is huge jump over my 22 slot bags.

If you have bag space issues, fill up- pop Jarvis- sell off and move on. I destroyed all my old fish/materials I wouldnt need on PTS to give me more room , on live it will be another issue all together though and I hope they add the ability to buy more bank slots.

Bags within bags

Quote Originally Posted by knighthonor View Post

I personally thing making bags that reside in a bag slot accessible to store things in. For instance, I have four 18 slot bags, plus my 24 slot main bag, that gives me 96 slots. Now, in one slot of each bag I can equip another bag, so putting an 18 slot bag in each of them would then give me 186 slots. Now, equipping an additional 18 slot bag in each of the new bags would give me 372 slots. etc etc. etc no more bag space problem. However, finding and sorting may be a nightmare. But I think, making one slot on every bag equitable should solve the space problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vachon View Post
    I personally thing making bags that reside in a bag slot accessible to store things in. For instance, I have four 18 slot bags, plus my 24 slot main bag, that gives me 96 slots. Now, in one slot of each bag I can equip another bag, so putting an 18 slot bag in each of them would then give me 186 slots. Now, equipping an additional 18 slot bag in each of the new bags would give me 372 slots. etc etc. etc no more bag space problem. However, finding and sorting may be a nightmare. But I think, making one slot on every bag equitable should solve the space problem.
    Oops, for those doing the math, I forgot to include my main bag in the subsequent bag slots. Please don't flame me. The idea is sound, even if my math is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I`ve never seen a 32 bag slot that a vendor sells. Where i
    Are they located at?
    The vendor is located in Tempest Bay, in the area around the canal. He is appropriately titled "Swindler".

The guy's name is Ponn Zee, also read the descriptions of the other items he sells. If the Monty Python references don't further give away the fact it's not a srs bsns character, I dunno what will do it

Banks need tabs just like the guild bank, a whole new bank window and an additional row of bags to fill. Each tab being more expensive than the last. Say something like 500, 1500, 4500, 13500. Each one has the same unlock on the bags that the original had. Add in one last tab that doesn't have bag slots that is an account bound tab (open for free on launch) that you can not put any soul bound items in, but is shared between all of your toons on that server.

Plat sink solved, space problem fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Banks need tabs just like the guild bank, a whole new bank window and an additional row of bags to fill. Each tab being more expensive than the last. Say something like 500, 1500, 4500, 13500. Each one has the same unlock on the bags that the original had. Add in one last tab that doesn't have bag slots that is an account bound tab (open for free on launch) that you can not put any soul bound items in, but is shared between all of your toons on that server.

Plat sink solved, space problem fixed.

They should be significantly cheaper than guild bank tabs, because in theory, you have anywhere from 10 to 200 people funding the purchase of a guild bank tab.

+ Reply to Thread