+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Instant Cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Toronth View Post
    +1 to this and pretty much anybody else's sensible post whom have the concern of having a to learn an Akylios/Laethys type encounter while keeping up with a 12 button rotation to meet a DPS check.
    Don't worry someone will write and addon that will tell you when a debuff etc is about to fall off. LOL skill yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wykkyd View Post
    You read into Kaybye's post and got offended because of who he is. Simple as that. He's right, whether you like it or not. Players in the top progression guilds spend a larger portion of their time mastering/learning their class than those who are still trying to down the content we've already mastered. We're also forced to play at a higher level to keep our spots. I'm fairly certain he meant no insult, though you certainly took it that way.

That said...

Paragon skills & cd's at level 60:
    1 - Setting Moon (can't macro)
    2 - Swift Strike (can't macro)
    3 - Flamespear (can't macro)
    4 - Death Touch (can't macro)
    5 - Flurry (can't macro)
    6 - Shifting Blades (can't macro)
    7 - Alacrity (can't macro)
    8 - Open the Stream (can't macro, followup dot)
    9 - Final Blessing (can't macro, potential macro lag)
    10 - Rising Waterfall (nothing left to macro it with)
    11 - SLI (ideal to not macro)
    12 - Fiery Burst/Icy Burst (can be macro'd)

1 of those is a cooldown (Alacrity). 1 of those is a replacement when your target is low health (final blessing). The rest will be involved in a rather standard multi-level rotation. So that's a 10 button rotation, or actually several 3 to 4 button rotations depending on "priority". And those mini rotations don't even all time the same as one another.

That's far too much for any serious fight you're trying to learn.

This has nothing to do with elitism, or skill. This has everything to do with reaching all over your keyboard/mouse to manage 12 buttons that don't fire in sequence, but in skip-all-over-the-place patterns... while trying to move and dodge mechanics, and possibly even toss out interrupts, etc.

I really think everyone should drop the attitudes, egos and butthurt (jealousy?) and focus on reality a bit.

What I'd like to see is something like this (at minimum):

1 - Flamespear (10 sec) > Setting Moon (6 sec) > Swift Strike (0 sec) = macro
    2 - Open the Stream (15 sec) > Rising Waterfall (0 sec) = macro
    3 - Open the Stream (15 sec) > Final Blessing (0 sec) = macro
    4 - SLI
    5 - FB/IB macro
    6 - Alacrity
    7 - Flurry
    8 - Death Touch
    9 - Shifting Blades

^^ heck, even that is a tad much. I'd love to see it reduced to about 6 or 7 buttons. And who knows, maybe future updates will get us closer to that. As things stand it's a bit unmanageable anywhere besides a dummy (or wall strat tuzi).
    Totally agree. 5-6 button rotation is about right to keep it a bit challenging while also dealing with fight mechanics. An 8-9 button rotation would be fine..... if we could just stand there and not have to move like the ranged classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
    Don't worry someone will write and addon that will tell you when a debuff etc is about to fall off. LOL skill yo.
    Lol the fact that people feel more buttons just for the sake of more buttons equates to player skill is the funny part...I guess the funnier part is even with these changes most of the people who have found and mastered the rotations that are producing the highest numbers are the ones complaining. Regardless the people who are playing at a higher tier now, will continue to play at a higher tier in Storm Legion whether the spec have 5 buttons or 12. For the QoL of the class though I'm not a fan of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronth View Post
    . Regardless the people who are playing at a higher tier now, will continue to play at a higher tier in Storm Legion whether the spec have 5 buttons or 12. For the QoL of the class though I'm not a fan of this.
    Most of the people ok with these changes I assume are rolling top of the line pc's with NAGA mouses and are running multiple add ons to track these buffs and dots. The rest are out in the cold.

I am interested to see what the PTS 1.11 notes say about Reaver and Champ especially. Paragon needs a clear nerf or we are pigeon holed into it again.

The fact is it's still easy to stay at a close to optimal dps without anywhere near the full use of all the buttons involved in this spec. Hell, just save flurry for when your mind starts to hurt with those extra 2-3 buttons and mentally sort your *&^ out.

Do you want dps races on bosses in raids to be purely concerned with RNG?

Or do you actually want a skill factor?

I honestly like the fact that they took the cooldown off some moves, there are some moves (IE: ones that provide self buffs like setting moon) that should probably have a cooldown again but I'm happy with a majority of dot component and debuff-on-enemy type skills to have no cooldown. This gives the warrior increased versatility for those rare situations you need it in PVE and also helps a lot in PVP when rapid target switching is necessitated.

Also, for what it's worth reading Puremallace's comment, I've cleared all raid content on live with a shitty $10 Mouse and keyboard with standard amount of buttons.

The Warrior's always been treated like "one-trick-pony" by many ignorant people of other classes, while this isn't true we have been lucky to have relatively simple to maximise top dps specs in general (not saying all of them have been easy). Don't you guys have some pride? Suck it up and give it a bit more of an attempt before you give it up for useless, hell, wait for raid testing at least then the comments you're giving will have some validation.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyfish View Post
    The fact is it's still easy to stay at a close to optimal dps without anywhere near the full use of all the buttons involved in this spec. Hell, just save flurry for when your mind starts to hurt with those extra 2-3 buttons and mentally sort your *&^ out.
    The point is on live we have multiple choices for specs that we can run if we want something that resembles dps and there are several play styles. Right now there are alot of people and not just me not cool with the idea of going back to SLI.

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate with a PASSION the idea that we have to constantly refresh some idiotic 12 second buff on a 12 second cooldown or my dps goes to crap.

If all I wanted to do was refresh buffs all day I would have rolled a bard

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The point is on live we have multiple choices for specs that we can run if we want something that resembles dps and there are several play styles. Right now there are alot of people and not just me not cool with the idea of going back to SLI.

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate with a PASSION the idea that we have to constantly refresh some idiotic 12 second buff on a 12 second cooldown or my dps goes to crap.

If all I wanted to do was refresh buffs all day I would have rolled a bard

...Then go play Riftblade? Problem solved? Moving on.

Paragon is overtuned right now, that's why it beats ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY, you can't seriously think it's going to stay that way.

And once again for the 2396094860394680439th time people, this is BETA.

Paragon is overtuned right now, that's why it beats ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY, you can't seriously think it's going to stay that way.

Yes. Beta. The time to post feedback about things that need to change. Not the time to pretend it'll all be fixed without that feedback.
    Wykkyd <Aegis> @Laethys

Why yes clearly my god why did I not think of that. All of my AoE and ST needs are solved by that power starved soul. I am waiting on the pts 1.11 notes right now to see just what was given CD's back in Champion and Reaver.

The evidence is obvious that they took it too far. I see the intent and agree that 4 button spam fest do need to go away, but not be replaced by 7+ button rotations that serve no purpose other then to make you feel l33t

That's it how can they feel leet when they will use a program that flashes a semi circle of a particular color when a buff is dropping off? With training a monkey can be taught to push the right key when the appropriate color comes up. Macro or addon neither one is skill just muscle memory. Most would just rather not spend the time learning something so meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wykkyd View Post
    Yes. Beta. The time to post feedback about things that need to change. Not the time to pretend it'll all be fixed without that feedback.
    Yes, but he's complaining about one soul combo and basically saying because it'll be difficult to maintain on a raid boss that it should be fixed immidiately. There are loads of other soul combos that bring useful things to the table that the para/rb build can't and also do similar damage with a lot less button requirements. If you can't play this soul combo, that's fine, this soul combo isn't for you, the beauty of Rift is that you can infiinitely customize your class though, just play something else.

We don't even know at this point whether deep paragon will remain so far ahead, it's far too early in test to say, but I like the idea of our best spec being really hard to play, as long as there are alternatives that can come close to it (which even now there already are), why shouldn't the skill cap in high end play be raised? It seems like nobody relishes a challenge anymore and would much rather throw up their hands and pour out negativity.

With a soul system like Rift, lots of playstyles can be provided, and indeed, must be provided. It's half the appeal of the game. Apart from self buffs without cooldowns there are uses for all the other moves that've had their cooldowns removed, as I said before, in PVP and indeed any target switching that can't be pre-empted. You want to cut out this versatility just to make the soul easier to macros in raids? Can't you see how small minded this is?

Mallace, again, IT'S BETA. If there really are serious power issues with certain builds, submit the feedback and it will be fixed.

Also, add-ons are not necessary and will never be necessary for Rift, I can personally attest to this as I've never used add-ons except dps metres. I personally would find it easier to just memorize the rotation then adapt to following flashy multicoloured visual queues that just distract from what is going on.

Well said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pass View Post
    Thats not skill. That is just pushing buttons in order.

Skill is positioning yourself in game, doing the mechanics of a fight, running in or out from a mob, dodging blades moving in the battlefield, hiding from mob abilities, knowing when to back up or just plain run from a player in PVP, not hitting a DOT when a Direct Damage ability would have killed the player or mob, and other actions like that.

Pressing 12345678 versus pressing 1234 is not skill nor does it add to the depth of game play.

Now if abilities affected mobs in different ways, or if mobs had resistances to certain abilities, or if mobs were weak/strong against certain abilities, or if mobs were resistant/weak against certain elements and players had specific skills that used those elements... Then there would be a real argument for skill via pressing certain buttons. IE knowing not to use fire on a mob that gets healed from fire.

FUN does NOT equal pressing more buttons. If it did the majority of people who knew how to create macros would not have been using them. That said, FUN also does NOT equal pressing ONE button.
    Very well put IMO.

feels like harbinger is very macro friendly atm. almost like we are the new two button heroes.

Are you not afraid of to many people moving on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharog View Post
    so either suck it up or move on.
    I would think that would be the fear, yes I said it, Trion has. If to many people move on, does that really help the game?

I understand people wanting to think they are the best at something and have some way to make that distinction with something they love to do. The person who stated their opinion has just as much right to do so as you do. So, I see you QQ QQQ QQQQ'ing also.

+ Reply to Thread