+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Instant Cooldown

Thumbs down Instant Cooldown

Why are so many abilities instant cooldown now?

This makes it EXTREMELY hard to make ANY macros. And will make DPS rotations even more complicated than the current 51/13/2.

I consider this a MAJOR mess up!!!

I consider it more fun.
    Lemming@Greybriar

Nah, it'll just make it easier to play. Just find the best skill and keep using it over and over again, don't bother with rotations or macros.

Pew Pew.

I was waiting for this thread.

it's like playing a mage

Im glad i got use to playing a mage before this.

No more everyone going on about how faceroll easy the warrior is, it's ironic how easy harbinger is to play, something of a reversal of roles.

I have no clue what people are complaining about. Warrior is still dreadfully easy to macro if you really want. It's the melee rogues I worry about, frankly, not the warriors (whether dps or tank or support).

paragon

the ability setting moon should have the old paired strike CD. swift strike is our spam for extra dmg but having to manually use an instant like that is kinda pointless when it worked well before

/signed
    no macros.... wtf is this, swtor??
    ya, i dont like the no macro game

Quote Originally Posted by Makarion View Post
    I have no clue what people are complaining about. Warrior is still dreadfully easy to macro if you really want. It's the melee rogues I worry about, frankly, not the warriors (whether dps or tank or support).
    What? I reduced my meele build to freaking 2 keys not including finisher then its 4
    But its ok so far what i have seen, there are a lot less skills to use overall, ok some stuff like
    the dots with the reaver really sucks tanking in warrior in general is bad at the moment.
    Beastmaster is strange as hell, didnt try tempest so far i switched to my rogue, he was instant fun.

Ii is a bit like few month after rift release when the first big warrior nerf hit the game, but thats ok,
    there will be always up and downs

brgds

CB

While I'm not going to comment on DPS builds, Reaver is the only tank build to have this issue. The rest can be managed just like Live or a couple of extra buttons.

Yeah pally is very macro friendly, only spamable instants now are aggressive block and pacifying strike and its easy enough to keep agressive block on its own key.

Have to admit I am really upset about the lack of Cool downs. Almost everything on Instant is a bad idea.

yeah this no macro business works well in GW2, but thats because they only have 10 skills, which most of them are still on long cooldowns.

this isnt the case here.

If you want to do a macro spam builder soul, use tempest or riftblade
    If you want a real rotation use paragon and bm.

Personally i prefer to do a rotation and approve of these changes. It seperates the good from the bads with the dps. Personally i think its a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Weenz View Post
    If you want to do a macro spam builder soul, use tempest or riftblade
    If you want a real rotation use paragon and bm.

Personally i prefer to do a rotation and approve of these changes. It seperates the good from the bads with the dps. Personally i think its a step in the right direction.
    RB isent as macro friendly as it was, but that is okay. That the finsiher need an extra skill in the tree to get em off again from the gdc, and that this skill isent working yet dosent make it any better duh

I still dont get why hitting 1-2-3 instead of three times the 1 has anything to do with skill but that may just little old me.

brgds

CB

Quote Originally Posted by Clasbyte View Post
    RB isent as macro friendly as it was, but that is okay. That the finsiher need an extra skill in the tree to get em off again from the gdc, and that this skill isent working yet dosent make it any better duh

I still dont get why hitting 1-2-3 instead of three times the 1 has anything to do with skill but that may just little old me.

brgds

CB
    the skill comes from memorizing the locations of many skills at onces on the action bar.

Quote Originally Posted by knighthonor View Post
    the skill comes from memorizing the locations of many skills at onces on the action bar.
    You mean something that becomes muscle memory much like typing your password after a few hours on a dummy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronah View Post
    You mean something that becomes muscle memory much like typing your password after a few hours on a dummy?
    yes. that take skill.

+ Reply to Thread