+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 134

Thread: Instant Cooldown

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    remove the target details that tells you whether or not a mob is elite (remove detailed hp too)
    Lemming scowls at you, ready to attack. What would you like your tombstone to say?
    Lemming@Greybriar

  2. #82
    I think that warrior spec on live are quite a good example of what to look for.
    You can macro thing together but you will perform better if you dont.
    In my opinion that what it should be. it shouldn't make the use of macro impossible.
    There is already a lot of difference in dps between people using the same spec with same gear on live due to how they manage their abilities.

  3. #83
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So to make yourself feel special you want to go more complicated then this?

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ations-v2.html

    This is the longest macro

    #show Bladefury
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Proper Timing
    cast Bladefury
    cast Titan's Strike
    cast Tearing Slash

    ^ Apparently that is just macro'n 10 things to one macro. Well guess what you can go ahead and have 10+ buttons to press and when you realize boss encounters in this game are built to have melee moving almost constantly maybe it will settle in how bad this screws us

    Here is a fact. A target dummy does not fight back. WHy you guys are so ready to get back on that roller coaster of constant up and down nerfs and changing FOTM builds every month is beyond me.
    #show Tempest
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tempest
    cast Cyclone Strike
    cast Ragestorm
    cast Plague Bringer
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Aggressive Block
    cast Blood Fever
    cast Necrotic Wounds

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyrie View Post
    #show Tempest
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tempest
    cast Cyclone Strike
    cast Ragestorm
    cast Plague Bringer
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Aggressive Block
    cast Blood Fever
    cast Necrotic Wounds
    This is a good example of why the tanking changes were made, but going from alot macro'd to extremely hard to macro is too much of a shift.

    These DPS changes were not needed because that is not where the extremely heavy macro'n was taking place.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyrie View Post
    #show Tempest
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tempest
    cast Cyclone Strike
    cast Ragestorm
    cast Plague Bringer
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Aggressive Block
    cast Blood Fever
    cast Necrotic Wounds
    I'm gonna miss that macro

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This is a good example of why the tanking changes were made, but going from alot macro'd to extremely hard to macro is too much of a shift.

    These DPS changes were not needed because that is not where the extremely heavy macro'n was taking place.
    It's a good example of a macro that was not-needed in any form on live. There's no reason to include any of the snap threat cleaves into what appears to be a general rotation spam key. Good tanks would split things up across multiple buttons so you always have threat at hand when you need it.

    Best example of why would be tanking Laethys. Using that macro you run the risk of having both your threat generating cleaves down when you need to pull in the Wizened ad that spawns. Combine that with people needing to DPS it down immediately, and you have a recipe for disaster.

    That above is not a good example of why they needed to be changed. It's a good example of people using the macro system in a way that lets them faceroll outdated content. Good tanks and bad tanks were separated before, and are now on Beta.

    One thing remains though, these changes hinder both good and bad tanks.

    Obviously, I'm not speaking from a DPS standpoint at all.

  7. #87
    Oh you have to decide WHEN to use an ability instead of mindless 1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2? Macros shouldn't be a crutch, they are for stream-lining tasks that are redundant or tedious (like /target macros), not auto-piloting your rotation. But to each their own.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbeotch View Post
    Oh you have to decide WHEN to use an ability instead of mindless 1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2? Macros shouldn't be a crutch, they are for stream-lining tasks that are redundant or tedious (like /target macros), not auto-piloting your rotation. But to each their own.
    One guy said it correctly. Macro's the way that we are used to them should still be in the game for new people who are starting trying to learn.

    The way some of these builds are going to work if I were new to tanking it would completely turn me off to the idea due to the complexity of the rotations. This is not rotations I am now going to be more concerned if my short little buffs are still up and not what attack the boss is doing.

    I see alot of warriors installing Karull Alerts if they do not already have it.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    One guy said it correctly. Macro's the way that we are used to them should still be in the game for new people who are starting trying to learn.

    The way some of these builds are going to work if I were new to tanking it would completely turn me off to the idea due to the complexity of the rotations. This is not rotations I am now going to be more concerned if my short little buffs are still up and not what attack the boss is doing.

    I see alot of warriors installing Karull Alerts if they do not already have it.
    You can do just fine macroing some abilities and just ignoring the rest, this is also true for mage DPS currently by the way. You're not going to get into progression raiding that way, but really, should you?

  10. #90
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Why are so many abilities instant cooldown now?

    This makes it EXTREMELY hard to make ANY macros. And will make DPS rotations even more complicated than the current 51/13/2.

    I consider this a MAJOR mess up!!!
    Warrior is still easy to play, you mostly only need 3-4 Buttons more, this isnt a mess up. The most Problems we had on normal Server is 80% of the People who use Macros, have no clue which Ability they right now click if they hit the Macro. The other Problem, most people only check the Forums and think when they Copy the Macros they know the Spec. If so, why the difference in DPS is so huge..

    Trion Idea to make People think a bit more what and when they hit an Ability means they need to check more, what kind Spec they play and if you now say its hard and you canīt play it anymore, then play a Mage on Live Server with max DPS Spec. We Warrior still have a easy Life..

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnz View Post
    You can do just fine macroing some abilities and just ignoring the rest, this is also true for mage DPS currently by the way. You're not going to get into progression raiding that way, but really, should you?
    One can hope the next beta is much longer and we get more access to the other zones. I do not think alot of people who came in here to Beta test were expecting this many changes.

    The Champ changes simply do not make sense. I know they were going to make it a pure AoE class, but they removed any sense of flow or rhythm while playing it.

    Who expected Paragon to make this huge comeback as the must goto soul because of SLI??? I need to go buy the Paragon synergy crystal like alot of other people if this stays true.

    We do not know what the Tempest synergy crystal will do and have not been given any hints. The changes to the champ synergy crystal are a WTF moment for alot of us.

    There was just alot to digest in 3 days and taking all of our current builds and essentially destroying them had most of us focusing on what build to play rather then testing the content.

    The shocker for me was taking a literally fresh 50 mage with some random pre set Harbinger build and going in and completely DESTROYING mobs on the new content with little to no effort and ZERO mana starvation.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbeotch View Post
    Oh you have to decide WHEN to use an ability instead of mindless 1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2? Macros shouldn't be a crutch, they are for stream-lining tasks that are redundant or tedious (like /target macros), not auto-piloting your rotation. But to each their own.
    Except that's exactly what macros do - they let you string together the tedious. Most macros have your basic moves together because having them take up a whole hotbar when no thought is required in when you time them to use is just annoying.

    The macro above was an example of lazy style, it works but the difference between a tank using that and using less macro is notable. In that macro assuming you do a finisher it takes. Quite some time before you ever actually get your block boost (tempest, cyclone, ragestorm, finisher, tempest, cyclone, soul sickness, finisher, tempest, cyclone, aggressive block)
    So the debuff of blood fever pretty much never lands, if for some odd reason you didn't pull with necrotic wounds then you have no BoD up, you haven't even weaved in pacifying strike yet or if you did you have further delayed getting block buff up.

    That is an example of how a macro can work but is inefficient and in live the difference between a player overreliant on macros and one that is not is quite noticeable, and there is nothing wrong with that. Why take away the choice to streamline things - especially if just farming some easy content.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    Except that's exactly what macros do - they let you string together the tedious. Most macros have your basic moves together because having them take up a whole hotbar when no thought is required in when you time them to use is just annoying.

    The macro above was an example of lazy style, it works but the difference between a tank using that and using less macro is notable. In that macro assuming you do a finisher it takes. Quite some time before you ever actually get your block boost (tempest, cyclone, ragestorm, finisher, tempest, cyclone, soul sickness, finisher, tempest, cyclone, aggressive block)
    So the debuff of blood fever pretty much never lands, if for some odd reason you didn't pull with necrotic wounds then you have no BoD up, you haven't even weaved in pacifying strike yet or if you did you have further delayed getting block buff up.

    That is an example of how a macro can work but is inefficient and in live the difference between a player overreliant on macros and one that is not is quite noticeable, and there is nothing wrong with that. Why take away the choice to streamline things - especially if just farming some easy content.
    The macro in question would be used with Pact Conversion so the finisher does not take up a GCD, additionally you would open with Soul Sickness because binding of death uptime > all else. There is little noticeable difference between using that and manually controlling your abilities.

    Of course like any other macro you should be aware what attack is being used at any given time.

  14. #94
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25
    It's so funny that people in this thread are defending some these changes and citing an increased skill cap as their reasoning.

    I am in a top 10 world guild and consider myself a very competent player. That doesn't make it any less annoying having to now hit frost strike > rift strike > searing strike all on 3 separate key binds rather than 1 macro.

    There is no extra skill involved having to hit 1,2,3 rather than 1,1,1. People defending this are kidding themselves. There are other ways to introduce skill in the game that does not involve simply having to hit more keys.
    Kaybye - Tabula Rasa - 11/11 (Conq), 8/8 ID (Conq) - Still Only raiding 9 hours a week.

  15. #95
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybye View Post
    It's so funny that people in this thread are defending some these changes and citing an increased skill cap as their reasoning.

    I am in a top 10 world guild and consider myself a very competent player. That doesn't make it any less annoying having to now hit frost strike > rift strike > searing strike all on 3 separate key binds rather than 1 macro.

    There is no extra skill involved having to hit 1,2,3 rather than 1,1,1. People defending this are kidding themselves. There are other ways to introduce skill in the game that does not involve simply having to hit more keys.
    Exactly. All this instant b.s. does is make the game more annoying. How exactly does it take more skill to hit two extra buttons? All these instants are a stupid idea made to appease bad players in the first place. Stop listening to the wrong people Trion. Every warrior I know in several 8/8 ID guilds think these changes are a waste of time and just plain stupid.

    Get rid of the instants. It is stupid and makes the game not fun.

    Also, half the people that want this change do not play a warrior main in the first place. So is the goal to change to warrior class for people who do not play it??? That is exactly what you are doing. Way to listen to the wrong customers.... The instant idea is so stupid I can't believe it was even introduced in a Beta.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybye View Post
    It's so funny that people in this thread are defending some these changes and citing an increased skill cap as their reasoning.

    I am in a top 10 world guild and consider myself a very competent player. That doesn't make it any less annoying having to now hit frost strike > rift strike > searing strike all on 3 separate key binds rather than 1 macro.

    There is no extra skill involved having to hit 1,2,3 rather than 1,1,1. People defending this are kidding themselves. There are other ways to introduce skill in the game that does not involve simply having to hit more keys.
    IMO it is not an issue of skill, it is an issue of being able to copy a macro off a forum that does the optimal rotation for you. How many people do you think don't even know that frost strike increases searing strike damage?

  17. #97
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnz View Post
    IMO it is not an issue of skill, it is an issue of being able to copy a macro off a forum that does the optimal rotation for you. How many people do you think don't even know that frost strike increases searing strike damage?
    So you feel better if players have a secret rotation that no one knows about? How about if they write the rotation in the forums? So if someone writes frost strike -> searing strike that is some evil that must be ended. So lets try this again:

    The guide writer has the macro in the thread. Apparently, this is different then the "guide writer" writing: frost strike -> searing strike.

    The instant idea sucks. The motivations behind it are selfish, stupid, and just ruin the calling for 99% of the players. Most of the people who want it are not even warriors. Instants do not improve game play. Finally and most important....

    You can make macros using hardware and third party software even if everything in the game was an instant. Trion does not need to ruin the warrior class or throw it's player base under the bus for a few rogues that don't like warriors.

    Get rid of all the instants and let us macro abilities.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Letholdus View Post
    So you feel better if players have a secret rotation that no one knows about? How about if they write the rotation in the forums? So if someone writes frost strike -> searing strike that is some evil that must be ended. So lets try this again:

    The guide writer has the macro in the thread. Apparently, this is different then the "guide writer" writing: frost strike -> searing strike.

    The instant idea sucks. The motivations behind it are selfish, stupid, and just ruin the calling for 99% of the players. Most of the people who want it are not even warriors. Instants do not improve game play. Finally and most important....

    You can make macros using hardware and third party software even if everything in the game was an instant. Trion does not need to ruin the warrior class or throw it's player base under the bus for a few rogues that don't like warriors.

    Get rid of all the instants and let us macro abilities.
    This is being done to appease that argument that "you can macro 20 buttons to one button and spam it" line you always see when WoW derps talk about Rift.

    The hilarious part is in MoP they actually dumbed down the rotations and GW2 took this approach also. Trion seems to be going in the reverse direction of making a very unique macro system completely useless.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnz View Post
    IMO it is not an issue of skill, it is an issue of being able to copy a macro off a forum that does the optimal rotation for you. How many people do you think don't even know that frost strike increases searing strike damage?
    And the kind of players who are like this are naturally just inferior players and that already shows in their current play. Great, they can now do the basics, but likely they are still lousy dealing with mechanics, useless with the timings required for other skills and therefore still have poor DPS compared to a good players. The change doesn't magically improve things. As another poster said, if someone writes a Guide andposts the new rotation do you actually believe these bad players will bother reading the skills to know that Frost Strike does more damage than Searing even though it's actually on the hotbar individually (that's if the tooltip even tells you that nowadays, given how vague so many of them are thats no guarantee )?

  20. #100
    Senior Member Mirimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    155
    IMO.. it's high time warrior wasn't a 1-button wonder.. and that they must also start thinking about resource management and utility.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts