+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Outfitter lure disappeared when trying to spawn a rift in Cape Jule

Outfitter lure disappeared when trying to spawn a rift in Cape Jule

Not sure it's intended or not. Lure is gone and nothing happened. Was trying to see what sort of mats we'd get from crafting lures in SL zones...

I was able to spawn a life rift just fine.

While I don't know for sure, my guess is they don't want people sitting on dozens of old crafting lures to farm a ton of new crafting mats fast by opening the rifts in the new zones. So I'm guessing the master crafter lures will only work in the vanilla zones, while the new grandmaster lures will be usable in the SL zones.
    Of course the old lures shouldn't just disappear when used in a wrong zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fand View Post
    While I don't know for sure, my guess is they don't want people sitting on dozens of old crafting lures to farm a ton of new crafting mats fast by opening the rifts in the new zones. So I'm guessing the master crafter lures will only work in the vanilla zones, while the new grandmaster lures will be usable in the SL zones.
    Of course the old lures shouldn't just disappear when used in a wrong zone.
    Any way we can get an answer on this? Would love to know if we should burn these lures now for the chance at master marks or if we should wait for the chance at better mats.

FYI, happens with Runecrafter lures also; didn't try any others, but I did submit it as a bug report. Not sure which way they intend it, but the current way is no good (usable, consumed, but doesn't open rift).

Looks like crafting lure's didn't work, intended or bugged? would be nice to clarify soon

The GF and I tried 4 different lures and they were all the same. I assumed it was just the crafting rifts weren't done for these zones yet.

Maybe this has already been answered somewhere else (where?), clarification would be much appreciated. I can see why it could prove to be an issue if people hoarded all their lures for SL, but....I don't know....would it really?

I don't mind if they don't work. I mind if I lose them, lol.

Any update on this would be great... I haven't tried in the current beta.

+ Reply to Thread