+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Private Beta soul tree calculator

very nice ty

Frankly I'm surprised that you haven't been Banned for publicly releasing this. I really wish Trion would actually take actions against people that breach a legally binding agreement. It might actually make people think twice before they go pull off such a stupid stunt as you all have.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Frankly I'm surprised that you haven't been Banned for publicly releasing this. I really wish Trion would actually take actions against people that breach a legally binding agreement. It might actually make people think twice before they go pull off such a stupid stunt as you all have.
    First, it's not public. Second, Trion is working WITH them/ already gave them permission to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurona View Post
    Why are my spells shown as using percentages of mana instead of a regular number?
    Talents and abilities used to be very static, now they are pretty much all dynamic and contextualized with your character. For instance, the reason that damages are not the same as ingame tooltip in many abilities is because they are partially based on your equipped weapon. Switch or un equip weapon ingame and look at the same ability tooltip

The same is true with mana cost, it depends of either your level or your max mana. Create a level 1 mage and look at the tooltips in his soultree, mana costs are ridiculously low...

First off, thank you, this is a great tool if it is kept private.

Second @Noshei: If trion was not working with them and or gave them permission to do this in a closed setting don't you think that after two days someone would have taken notice and removed this post?

From their site:

"Update: At the request of our friends at Trion, we have made the beta calculator private and available to those invited to the beta only. All the details are enclosed in this topic: http://beta.forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?t=5228
    As soon as the NDA is lifted, we will make sure to make this public again."

So they *did* make it public originally, and have since moved it.

Good job guys, this is a nice tool to have.
    Guild Master for The Reckoning (Guardian)- Faeblight
    Content Manager for Rift Craft
    50/50 Prestige Rank | PA: 606 | Score: 7530
    Guardian Characters: Xillean R50 Cleric, Kattie R50 Rogue, Mayladen R45 Mage, Eylisa R25 Warrior | Defiant Characters: Phantasmal R20 Warrior, Jillean 15 Cleric

For those of you that didn't know they released this publicly last Thursday, even posted about it on the Rift forums (which was promptly removed by Trion). The calculator remained publicly available through saturday. So yeah they weren't working with trion and they did breach NDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    For those of you that didn't know they released this publicly last Thursday, even posted about it on the Rift forums (which was promptly removed by Trion). The calculator remained publicly available through saturday. So yeah they weren't working with trion and they did breach NDA.
    Thats not the case now though, and my guess is that Trion despite the initial NDA breach sees the value in having this available to beta testers. I know it has been invaluable to me this weekend as I work through my various rogue builds.

Sometimes you catch more flies with honey Noshei.

I wish I'd seen this before, woulda saved me a tonne of hassle.

Cheers guys

Quick post to let you know that we have just updated the soul tree calculator to reflect the changes made with the latest beta patch.

Could this thread get stickied, please? At least the first post. Thanks.

This is very nice indeed, for someone like me who wasn't at home that weekend to test

Riftblade -- Avatar of the Rift

Enhances Elemental Ability damage by [2515.0]%. Lasts 1h.
    Noticed this typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellcross View Post
    Riftblade -- Avatar of the Rift

Noticed this typo.
    Well there is no typo, nothing there is done manually, we are not that insane However there is a complex engine which try to its best to render those ability tooltips which is quite a feat given how complex those can be. The above bug has been fixed, thanks for the report, make sure to clear your browser cache to see the fixed tooltip.

+ Reply to Thread