+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Exodus of the Storm Queen

Exodus of the Storm Queen

Tested it this morning, and I must say...wow...the first mob, Dominax is pretty challenging, and pulls a wtf move on you by being a 2 form boss fight :P

Didn't get passed him, due to some being undergeared (T1 plaque armor+t! raid stuff, for the most part), with the tank having ID, and me, the healer, having HK gear. Though I can say that his AE seems to have too long of a range...I got about 20 meters away and still got hit by it, so either it needs to be weakened a bit (hit people with mid 200's in air resistance for over 2k), or have its range reduced

Overall though, this dungeon got me hyped for future encounters

for the first boss the stacking debuff needs to be cleansed and then he calls someone out they need to los
    for the second boss you should stay out of the way of the blade and when the flag drops some pick it up and then everyone kills the adds
    the third you have to make sure to be inside his aoe untill he runs to the center then run behind one of the pillars(which gets destroyed)
    for the 4th boss we beat it by
    interrupt the flash freeze, avoid the weapon throw and dps it to stop it for a bit and after foul winds make sure to get one of the orbs to get rid of the debuff
    idk if there is a way to avoid the 3k/tick from fould winds but we were able to heal threw it

Quote Originally Posted by krab View Post
    for the first boss the stackign debuff needs to be clensed and then he calls somone out they need to los

we are currently working on the last boss but cant figure it out
    Ooooh, that makes sense...so we need a class with a cleanse then?

after having completed it, nice dungeon not to hard,but i think its balanced overall, i only have two things to report:

- 1 the second boss's random nuke one shots whoever it targets (besides the tank) unless he is heavily warded), i do not really mind that but is there anything we can do to not have that happen? or is it just a case of make sure one guy remians for the second phase (would be terrible design).

Also if there is something to avoid that one shot nuke i dont really want to know what it is just a confirmation either way would be nice.

- 2 the overall achievement didn't update on the first boss for me, not sure if it did for the others.

I ran it today. Lots of fun. We didn't manage to kill the last boss though. We ran out of time and couldn't figure out how to stop dying to fouling wind (sp).

A couple bugs I found

1) LoS issues when people died on the last boss. I think it's due to corpses 'disappearing' on someone's screen or something. I wasn't able to rez someone, while someone else was able to.

2) Non targetable mobs aggroing inside. I got attacked by 3 of them, couldn't target them or anything (I don't think they're supposed to be attacking us)

3) Last boss... not sure if it was a bug or not, couldn't seem to do anything to avoid fouling wind. Might just have been us being bad though.

4) didn't get the achievement update to defeat Dominax either

Overall, I liked it, it shouldn't take long at all once you know the strats (the third boss was super easy compared to the other, even though you get one shot the first time if you don't know what to expect - no time to run from melee run to behind the bookcases).

2) i suspect its meant to happen, just dont get close to them (like on the first boss of id but taken a bit further)

3) from what we saw, ya shouldnt be avoiding it.

4) good to hear i wasnt the only one.

That AoE was hitting us all for 2800 every second or something though... pretty much instant killed everyone lol.

we just sorta healed through it :X

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    Ooooh, that makes sense...so we need a class with a cleanse then?
    Sentinel - Cleansing Prayer (16 pt), Empowering Light (tier 5 - min 21 pts, AoE)
    Purifier - Cauterize (16 pt), Sterilize (28 pt, All)
    Warden - Cleansing Waters (20 pt), Curative Waters (tier 6 - min 26 pts, CoT)
    Chloromancer - Nature's Cleansing (18 pt), Cleansing Rush (tier 8 - min 36 pts, AoE)

All healing specs have 2 cleanses. If you're running a hybrid build in a 5 man dungeon just make sure to pick at least one soul that has a cleanse and get it. As healer, you need to be able to cleanse.

Just completed it and I have to say some of the mechanics were awesomeeee. Lots of oh's and ah's in teamspeak, especially when a pillar broke on the second boss, noticed thats a soft enrage too, was all pretty cool.

But yeah the last boss's AoE is nasty, and we are all in ID gear, my only theory is that we were level 50, so the higher level mob hits us for higher. It might be more healable at ~52?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrexas View Post
    Just completed it and I have to say some of the mechanics were awesomeeee. Lots of oh's and ah's in teamspeak, especially when a pillar broke on the second boss, noticed thats a soft enrage too, was all pretty cool.

But yeah the last boss's AoE is nasty, and we are all in ID gear, my only theory is that we were level 50, so the higher level mob hits us for higher. It might be more healable at ~52?
    How do you kill the last boss? I've been in 3 groups where we literally can not kill the last boss. The AOE seems way too much for every healer. In two of the runs, they were in mostly legendary gear, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    How do you kill the last boss? I've been in 3 groups where we literally can not kill the last boss. The AOE seems way too much for every healer. In two of the runs, they were in mostly legendary gear, too.
    We had a cleric tank, 51warden and a bard, and it was quite easy, we overhealed it by A LOT, but its easily doable with less.

I healed it fine in 51 chloro 15 harbinger, though after wiping 4 times. What I did was save flourish, get 5 stacks for instant Nature's Touch, and then use the harbinger buff to get an instant Vile Spores. Pretty sure you just heal through it. I was using Maelforge relic weapons though.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming

Just finished the dungeon. Great work, love it!
    At first I was disappointed because it's a recycled area. But since it fits the story it's ok. I'm impressed with what you designed into that tiny area. Whole group loved it.

We had some problems with the first event with the waves coming through the doors. Our Chloro came later into the dungeon and the event was already triggered - so he was already in fight. Since he had the wrong role active he couldn't heal. We wiped - after soulwalk the event started again immediately - the mage again had no chance to switch roles to his healing role.

First boss took 3 tries to see the mechanics, was fun.
    Second boss was good, too
    Third boss only took us 3 columns - perhaps too low tuned here. Going down too fast. We all had Hammerhall-equip, some ID-token-gear.

Final boss was really tough.tried everything mechanic-wise to avoid foul wind, but didn't figure it out. Finally we took full purifier AND full chloro, cleric tank and 2 DDs. That way we were able to kill him.
    But I think, that boss is slightly overtuned - but perhaps ok with lvl 52. Although with lvl 52 the third boss would be way to easy probably.

We had some problems with ressing at last boss. After whole group died and 1 guy released and ran back in again, half the dead players were below the ice and that way out of sight.

After killing the last boss we were confused by the strange camera-behaviour. But after realising what was happening and why the cam behaves that way: Great sequence! Totally love that style. Whole group was totally impressed. Tell the responsible dev: Great job!

44 Purifier

Hello

I think its a great dungeon, enjoyed it alot.

I have few things to add that were already mentioned in the topic:
    - At the first boss when the adds spewn from the doors sometimes they get stuck and can only be killed with the laser.
    - The third boss has abilities that can be easily avoided making the encounter very simple
    - The final boss - foul winds - we could not find a way to heal through this with our setup (T1-T2 geared players). When the initial wave hits it was impossible for us to heal the amount of damage in 2 global cooldown with a cleric healer and a bard.
    - Also encountered problems resing people after a wipe at the last boss, they seamed to be under the ice. I also saw this happening during invasions in IPP on live.

Those are the only things that stood out for me, very nice dungeon overall hope the rest are will be as good as this

edit: added 2 points.

The first boss was fairly simple. Interrupt his devastating attack. Line of sight the double beams. The tempest thing right after the robot took us a while to figure out. We know we had to pull him to a containtment thingy, but we at first though it was the thing where the robot was standing. It wasn't very clear that it was on the side of the room.

The 2nd boss is pretty cool. Took us a couple of tries for the player dueling to figure out how to time his attacks. For everyone else, if you kill the scythes things the party gets a damage buff. This boss however isn't too melee friendly. The melee players can drop fast when the scythes come out. Also there were a couple of times late in the fight(boss was healed to full because the player dueling died) that I got 1-shot by the scythes. Over 8k damage.

Third boss is fairly simple. And fun. Took us only 1 wipe to figure him out. Maybe a bit on the easy side.

Last boss was tough. We figured out to interrupt his beam fairly quick. But the big damage AoE hits very hard. The tank can also get killed by one of his big hits followed by the scythe if the tank isn't too geared. We had the 2 mages go chloro, one tank healing and the other party healing. Once we did that the boss went down with no deaths(except for me at the end cause we missed an interrupt).
    He is also melee unfriendly. While you do get a melee damage buff if you're in melee, you can get destroyed when the big sword appears. Also for the ones that didn't notice, you also get a damage buff if you kill the sword.

Great first dungeon, really enjoyed the healing check on the last boss and the lore was pretty cool.

I'm pretty much going to echo the general consensus here and say that the first two bosses were awesome! The third boss is way too easy and needs adjustments. and the final bosses foul winds ability needs to be tuned down. I was also getting a LOS error when trying to rez the dead at the last boss and it seemed they were under the ice, but other group members were able to rez. Overall lots of fun. Just needs some minor tweaks before launch.

Keep up the great work Trion!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrioLazzlo View Post
    Hello

I think its a great dungeon, enjoyed it alot.

I have few things to add that were already mentioned in the topic:
    - At the first boss when the adds spewn from the doors sometimes they get stuck and can only be killed with the laser.
    - The third boss has abilities that can be easily avoided making the encounter very simple
    - The final boss - foul winds - we could not find a way to heal through this with our setup (T1-T2 geared players). When the initial wave hits it was impossible for us to heal the amount of damage in 2 global cooldown with a cleric healer and a bard.
    - Also encountered problems resing people after a wipe at the last boss, they seamed to be under the ice. I also saw this happening during invasions in IPP on live.

Those are the only things that stood out for me, very nice dungeon overall hope the rest are will be as good as this

edit: added 2 points.
    I used 51 Warden/15 Purifier to solo heal the final boss for what its worth, although I am ID geared so makes a difference.

+ Reply to Thread