+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Exodus of the Storm Queen

Just my 2gp.. I like the overall feel of the dungeon and the sequence of events at the beginning. Though I would ask it to be alittle forgiving to people who have wiped and come back in already in combat.

the commander fight was interesting and fairly straight forward in what to do, along with the heroic boons you can get.

The giant had fun mechanics.

the last fight was just pure insance and brought the fun back into dungeons instead of roflstomp. On day 1 of beta event, I went through so many groups trying to figure out mechanics and what to do but once you do it sort of becomes trivial.

Loved the last cut scene and a great introduction to Storm legion expansion. Well done!

Absolutely loved the dungeon! I thought it was on just about the right difficulty for the starting dungeon for storm legion!

First boss was quite interesting, very simply mechanics interupt, LOS and cleave. during the second phase on the elemental that was very straightfoward just AOE heal, thought it was perfectly tuned.

Second boss to a bit of confusion people standing within melee range were getting one shot by the same ability as the spinning axe (not to sure of the name) could not figure out how to avoid it, apart from everyone go at range of course, so we just did that, pretty fun fight in overall, I enjoy the concept of dodging and dps'ing down the spinning blades and also getting a damage bonus for doing so!

Third boss I really enjoyed the whole encounter, I thought the bosses melee damage was a bit to low, our tank actually died and then after that we had a rogue dps tank it with about 7k health and I managed to easily keep him up, so maybe a damage increase on the bosses melee attacks would be in order. Loved the dps check in place with running out of bookshelfs, but I thought that this dps check was far far to easy so maybe increase the health a tad?

Last boss was a very nice healing and interupt check and I enjoyed the little survival event before it, but it felt a bit trivial after a while as you just got an ability that would one shot all of the mobs, and you could just alternate that for the last minuite or so.

Loved the end cinematics with Crucia breaking out, that was just plain awesome, hats off to whoever designed that!

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh View Post
    Thanks for all the great feedback folks, we'll be passing it on to the instance designers.

Just one quick note, please rember this dungeon is designed for players who have obtained some of the early gear from Pelladane and Cape Jule. If you jump in direct @50 with all green items (or early blues) from the classic game you will have quite a bit of trouble. Players who obtained items from the first expansion zones (or even from classic Expert dungeons) should have a much easier time of it.

We're still working on the final balance but the above really is our goal for this dungeon.
    I'm wondering what this will mean for the Early Dungeon Access perk for pre-ordering...

Hello you beautiful beat testers.

I'm the Dungeon Dev for Exodus, and since you all have taken the time to post your feedback, I'll take some time to respond. Here are some of the issues I've currently addressed.

- Dominax is a sore loser, but now he should award the achievement for defeating him properly.

- General Grim should move into and out of his duel state more consistently. I also added a fail safe if something goes wrong. This should prevent players getting locked out or into the dueling ring if Grim does not properly start using his duel abilities.

- Pets should now function properly within the dungeon. The only enemy that pets should not be able to attack is General Grim when he enters his duel phase.

Look for these improvements in the next beta patch and let me know if any of these are not properly resolved. I'm currently looking into the LOS issues related to rezzing on ice and some other aspects to make the entire dungeon experience a little smoother. The feedback you guys have given has been awesome, and the more I can get, the better this dungeon will be.

Thanks again for all the great work!

My main gripe about this is the first boss adds in the first phase. Stayed in agro after a full wipe and when we walked in could not get out of combat to switch roles to add a sup healer.

+ Reply to Thread