+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Exodus of the Storm Queen

2nd run through the dugeon with a different group didn't go as bad. A wipe on the 2nd boss as it was my first time dueling him, and the other players hadn't done it before. And two deaths on the 3rd boss as some of the players didn't run into the safe zone or hide behind the bookcase.

Last boss go too bad either. Had a chloro healer and tactician as support. The tactician crashed at the start of the big AoE and the chloro wasn't expecting such high damage so we had 1 wipe. The second attempt went extremely smooth.

However I did not check the gear of the rest of the group.

This is simply a fight that will give people some trouble the first few times, like a lot of the fights in the game. But it is also a fight that will most likely require the player that got picked as Support to actually use a support spec. Something that rift hasn't seen in a dungeon in a long time.

Just gave this instance a try for the first time and have to say I was very impressed.

We were very lucky, 4 guildies and a PUG who had done it before was patient enough to tell us the fights.

The mechanics do take a little learning, and they are mechanics that you have to obey and can't just derp through, but very survivable mechanics. Its a little bit of a challenge, but it never feels like you're dying to RNG.

If this is a good taste of whats to come in SL I can't wait.

The second boss can be taunted just after he has entered his last phase and this means you can tank him outside of the yellow circle, thought i would just add this to the fire.

Wiggles

tbh, after thinking about it some more since yesterday i came to one conclusion:

the fourth boss is fine, why? cause it forces what dungeons used to do:
    proper builds, people not messing up and more importantly atleast one support its not supposed to be solo healed which is fine tbh.

LOVED THIS DUNGEON!

I actually really enjoyed learning the mechanics to this place. Especially the last boss, which was a nice challenge.

Like others have said, you need to treat this like a progression dungeon: you need support of some kind at our current gear levels.

That said, I believe I may have found a bug in the final boss:

When I collected the Orbs of Warmth I see a red swirl around me indicating I collected it and the orb subsequently vanishes; however, it took us a few attempts to figure out what they did because we didn't see any buff appearing on our toons as a result of it.

I'm not sure if this is an oversight or intentional, but some kind of buff might be helpful. Unless we just missed it in amongst riad buffs. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    tbh, after thinking about it some more since yesterday i came to one conclusion:

the fourth boss is fine, why? cause it forces what dungeons used to do:
    proper builds, people not messing up and more importantly atleast one support its not supposed to be solo healed which is fine tbh.
    I completely agree, for the expert version. This is normal mode, meant for people who aren't geared and are leveling from 1-60. Not raid geared 50s. 5 months from now, when everyone's at 60, new players leveling up, grinding out dungeons, they're not going to be able to do this dungeon.

First boss was fun and the mechanics fine, the "get to cover" is a good idiot check, I was the first person to take this on the first run with my guild and I didn't die.

Second boss was cool, everything is easily figured by anyone paying attention.

Third boss was cool, took figuring out but easy once you do. Another idiot check though as people were trying to LoS the wrong attack when I did this with a guild group despite him not running to the middle. Sigh.

Fourth boss is over tuned. This is stupid. We had to stack healers with a half ID geared group. I realise chloromancer has been neutered in 5 mans and you're going to fix this but it's stupid. Almost 3K/tick foul winds are just silly. We're 2 tiers above the level the content is aimed at and we had to stack healers. Also the extra damage for melee is unhealable because of how high the damage already is. I did this with a guild group and we did it once we stood at range and stacked healers, with PUGs this was not happening. Given how overgeared everyone is, this is over tuned. I'd be thrilled if we got some 50 toons in full blues and it almost this hard, but no.

As a side note, you've neutered chloros in 5 mans in order to balance them for raids. You need to do something about LBV and how laughable it is.

First boss, I didn't receive the achievement for. It was an awesome encounter the strats with LOS'ing is really nice rather the normal tank and spank.

Second boss was just fun. we had no bugs with anything.

Third boss. AWESOME!

These bosses dont FORCE your dps to go range but rather make them more aware of the tactics.

we had a warrior dps and me as tank. and he just simply stepped back shot off a few flamespears (OP!!)
    and job done.

Fourth boss was by far one of the best fights. First two attempts we had a cleric that didnt understand the new changes to warden and complained trion broke cleric blahblah. Then ahov joined the group and well he pretty much showed how it is done. We had one warden 2 rogues (sab) warrior dps and myself warrior tank.

Overall; Awesome encounter and i cant wait to see more!

That's funny and sad at the same time that nobody's mentioning beating the last boss with a chloro main healing... Probably because they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    I completely agree, for the expert version. This is normal mode, meant for people who aren't geared and are leveling from 1-60. Not raid geared 50s. 5 months from now, when everyone's at 60, new players leveling up, grinding out dungeons, they're not going to be able to do this dungeon.
    It is the same as the original normal mode dungeons. This is a lvl 50-54 dungeon and doing it at lvl 50 in meh gear will be hard just like the original normal mode dungeons done at entry level with meh gear were very very hard, much harder than this dungeon in fact. If it is too hard for your group, then wait a level or two and come back.

And yes, a normal mode lvl 50 dungeon should require you to be in reasonable specs with a reasonable party configuration, and that includes the support person actually being willing and able to play support.

Quote Originally Posted by devicus View Post
    Fourth boss is over tuned. This is stupid. We had to stack healers with a half ID geared group. I realise chloromancer has been neutered in 5 mans and you're going to fix this but it's stupid. Almost 3K/tick foul winds are just silly. We're 2 tiers above the level the content is aimed at and we had to stack healers. Also the extra damage for melee is unhealable because of how high the damage already is. I did this with a guild group and we did it once we stood at range and stacked healers, with PUGs this was not happening. Given how overgeared everyone is, this is over tuned. I'd be thrilled if we got some 50 toons in full blues and it almost this hard, but no.
    4th boss is not overtuned. Any competent bard or tactician can handle the foul winds ticks without a problem. A good chloro or cleric is perfectly capable of solo healing it as well as long as they use their abilities and cooldowns. But if they can't, any chloro/cleric+bard/tactician is perfectly capable of healing it in combination.

Quote Originally Posted by yasutora View Post
    Fourth boss was by far one of the best fights. First two attempts we had a cleric that didnt understand the new changes to warden and complained trion broke cleric blahblah. Then ahov joined the group and well he pretty much showed how it is done. We had one warden 2 rogues (sab) warrior dps and myself warrior tank.
    And if you don't have an Ahov, you can always have a rogue go bard or tactician and handle almost all the the foul winds hps on their own.

Ran it 3 times with different guildies, and LOVED IT!!!

We had so much fun the first time figuring out the mechanics.

1. Love there is so little trash. Thank you!! Wish all the dungeons were so trash free =) It's good for the environment!

2. Wiped a lot on the first boss. Brutal aoe. Healers need to be on their toes and anticipate the big aoe. Having a bard along really helped us.

BUG- Ranger Raptor pet does not attack on the "survival" onslaught phase of the final boss. He just stands there like an idiot.

Some times on the last boss, even though he is interupted, his spell still goes through.

Ranger pets sit there and do nothing sometimes on last boss (no auto attack) you have to click pet attack over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    4th boss is not overtuned. Any competent bard or tactician can handle the foul winds ticks without a problem. A good chloro or cleric is perfectly capable of solo healing it as well as long as they use their abilities and cooldowns. But if they can't, any chloro/cleric+bard/tactician is perfectly capable of healing it in combination.
    Erm. Chloro got aoe healing nerfed hard, because LBV sucks and spores are neutered for 5 mans, if you have any melee you need to have flourish on cooldown every use, so foul winds will kill you. Or you go aoe stance and do okay because you and the tank are massively over geared. This is an instance that drops HK gear, it should be doable by T1 geared tanks and healers, going LGV isn't viable there. They will die horribly and repeatedly. Don't forget we're overgeared, once we know the tactics we shouldn't be scraping it by the skin of our teeth.

Assuming the chloro healer stance flips because that'd probably work fine. 2.8K damage a second for 4 ticks basically requires that you heal 5K on each player in that time (assuming your don't have mages or said mages are overgeared, correctly/blues and T1 geared mages will need about 6K) 3 LGV ticks are about 2700, a flourish is 2.5K if it doesn't crit, if you get that much healing done you've done well. I guess you could stack in melee and natural splendor it? I dunno. If you have melee a chloro will not have flourish so it's a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    And if you don't have an Ahov, you can always have a rogue go bard or tactician and handle almost all the the foul winds hps on their own.
    this ^ its nice to see support back in a dungeon =)

Quote Originally Posted by devicus View Post
    Erm. Chloro got aoe healing nerfed hard, because LBV sucks and spores are neutered for 5 mans, if you have any melee you need to have flourish on cooldown every use, so foul winds will kill you. Or you go aoe stance and do okay because you and the tank are massively over geared. This is an instance that drops HK gear, it should be doable by T1 geared tanks and healers, going LGV isn't viable there. They will die horribly and repeatedly. Don't forget we're overgeared, once we know the tactics we shouldn't be scraping it by the skin of our teeth.

Assuming the chloro healer stance flips because that'd probably work fine. 2.8K damage a second for 4 ticks basically requires that you heal 5K on each player in that time (assuming your don't have mages or said mages are overgeared, correctly/blues and T1 geared mages will need about 6K) 3 LGV ticks are about 2700, a flourish is 2.5K if it doesn't crit, if you get that much healing done you've done well. I guess you could stack in melee and natural splendor it? I dunno. If you have melee a chloro will not have flourish so it's a wipe.
    This is more of an issue with Chloro healing than it is with the content being too difficult.

Out of curiousity, what loot tier is the stuff that's dropping from this dungeon. t1 raid? t2 group? HK?
    Lemming@Greybriar

Some views from a Rogue tank.

Ran this 3 times yesterday, first 2 full pugs, last time with some a couple guildies and a couple pugs, for the last one I was playing Tactician instead.

1st boss the first time there's no real warning that Dominax is going to come out or where he's going to come out. It'd be a nice quality of life improvement if his spawn in on top of the forge was a little more visible.

2nd boss, it'd also be nice to make it a bit more obvious to the DPS that the scythes are actually mobs. I only noticed because with all the Riftstalker AE I saw numbers ticking from them. He does seem to get confused sometimes and chased me out of the circle with no taunt from me. The whole circle single combat thing is massively fun if you have someone who can do it right.

3rd boss, his first ability where he knocks you back could be made a little better by giving an indication whether you're supposed to run back in to the circle. Just one of those moments where you wonder if you're supposed to be in or out of it.

Event leading to last boss, this thing is awesome. Honestly, my only complaint is that you get a temp ability to kill them. I'd love to just kill them all, especially with all the Riftstalker AE upgrades.

And the last boss. The one group I succeeded with did 2 chloros, foul wind is brutal but practicing their healing got an almost perfect run at the end. On the 3rd attempt when I was in tactician, I could heal through foul wind perfectly on my own, the healer just kept dying to the sword due to not moving. It's one thing that I would suggest, lower the frequency of damage from the sword for when it goes over a person and then turns, essentially following. We all want everyone to get better at the game, but the damage pulses from the sword are intense.

And finally...the cinematic thing after beating him? Totally worth all the wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    Out of curiousity, what loot tier is the stuff that's dropping from this dungeon. t1 raid? t2 group? HK?
    It's HK equiv. 50 hit/63 toughness.

+ Reply to Thread