+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Exodus of the Storm Queen

Only big issue I had with the first boss, is when the fight begins, Rogue Tank's teleports do no damage and do not teleport you to the boss, though they do still give their combo points.
    Main-Asaomar[Invictus]@Gnarlwood Rogue Tank
    Alt-Thederps[Invictus]@Gnarlwood Mage
    Alt-Savamir[Invictus]@Gnarlwood Cleric Tank
    Guild Leader of Invictus@Gnarlwood http://invictus-rift.guildlaunch.com
    11/11 HK 8/8 ID

After a couple of wipes i used the Full warden too, to heal the End Boss, its a hard way but it makes fun to try things out again if you wipe on Bosses

I didn't get a chance to bug report it, but the 2nd boss seemed to be a bit buggy yet.

At one point after the banner click, the main boss aggroed someone outside the "arena" area and killed the group before returning to the center while the tank could do nothing because of taunt and LoS issues.

A similar issue occurred when one of the arbiters somehow aggroed the tank inside the "arena" area - the dps were unable to kill the mob and therefore the single combat person died due to lack of being healed.

But other than that, amazing dungeon!

I really think the last boss needs to be reworked.
    • The DPS are forced into being ranged to kill the sword, which doesn't make sense considering it goes against what you've been saying all along(you want melee to be viable).

• Foul winds hits way too hard for a dungeon that's suppose to be for people who are leveling from 1-60. Most people, besides the people that have 50s and have played/gotten level50 epics, will not be geared to heal through foul winds. My cleric's in mostly T2 raid with some T3 stuff and I could barely heal through it. I don't even want to imagine that fight as a healer in quest/normal dungeon blues...

I know I'll get the "ur bad get better" speech, but please read what I wrote about gear and all that. Since this is a normal dungeon, you have to assume the people doing it are going to be in questing and other normal dungeon gear.

Other than the last boss, I really liked the dungeon. The first boss is pretty intense and the second one is interesting. The third one is really easy, but I think the running out and in stuff is pretty cool. Keeps ya on your toes and rewards people that are paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    The DPS are forced into being ranged to kill the sword, which doesn't make sense considering it goes against what you've been saying all along(you want melee to be viable).
    I think these have a total of something like 12k, most melee specs have ranged abilities that can easily do this amount in a couple GCD's. For one aspect of 2 fights, an aspect that is optional in fact, I don't really see an issue with this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    I think these have a total of something like 12k, most melee specs have ranged abilities that can easily do this amount in a couple GCD's. For one aspect of 2 fights, an aspect that is optional in fact, I don't really see an issue with this at all.
    I haven't DPSd it, so I didn't know they had that little health... In one of my groups, we had a really hard time killing it with two melee, but I guess they were just bad and weren't switching to it.

Everything was great.

Although you needed a bit more healing than usual for the last boss fight. We had a sent/puri and a tactician. The shields and the tacitican healing did the trick and made the fight a sinch though.

We're all in ID gear though. Not sure how a bunch of new 50s would do.
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Everything was great.

Although you needed a bit more healing than usual for the last boss fight. We had a sent/puri and a tactician. The shields and the tacitican healing did the trick and made the fight a sinch though.

We're all in ID gear though. Not sure how a bunch of new 50s would do.
    Last boss healing is super easy with Warden, so long as someone interrupts!

Foul wind is the problem, alot of "burst" group healing has been removed from the game and then you put a boss that chain casts waves of AoE Damage in a short time frame destroying the entire group. A lot of the instant group heals have been moved down or removed outright, chloro heals are less than stellar, the rest rely upon time or cooldowns longer than his second foul wind.

The people succeeding all overgear it or outheal it. Its an extremely niche fight where if your build isn't 100% tuned to that fight you can go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
    That AoE was hitting us all for 2800 every second or something though... pretty much instant killed everyone lol.
    We did fine with a warden-x and a bard. Bard is able to do very good DPS now, buff everyone, debuff, and burst heal. If you have more than 1 rogue, not really a solid reason not to have 1 running bard or enough into tactitian for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    How do you kill the last boss? I've been in 3 groups where we literally can not kill the last boss. The AOE seems way too much for every healer. In two of the runs, they were in mostly legendary gear, too.
    Welcome to real dungeons where having someone spec'd into a support healing role actually matters. With a warden subspec cleric and a bard/tact support, the healing is a joke.

If people are trying to run this new dungeon like it is an old expert then they'll fail. If they treat it as actual on level content then they'll succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    We did fine with a warden-x and a bard. Bard is able to do very good DPS now, buff everyone, debuff, and burst heal. If you have more than 1 rogue, not really a solid reason not to have 1 running bard or enough into tactitian for healing.
    ^ this. 1010

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Foul wind is the problem, alot of "burst" group healing has been removed from the game and then you put a boss that chain casts waves of AoE Damage in a short time frame destroying the entire group. A lot of the instant group heals have been moved down or removed outright, chloro heals are less than stellar, the rest rely upon time or cooldowns longer than his second foul wind.

The people succeeding all overgear it or outheal it. Its an extremely niche fight where if your build isn't 100% tuned to that fight you can go home.
    Go Warden....so difficult. Rotation for foul winds = spam DoL like heal(no cooldown), get mana back between while HoTs are rolling on tank.

Quote Originally Posted by FrioLazzlo View Post
    - The final boss - foul winds - we could not find a way to heal through this with our setup (T1-T2 geared players). When the initial wave hits it was impossible for us to heal the amount of damage in 2 global cooldown with a cleric healer and a bard.
    A bard can almost solo heal through foul winds. Virtuoso and CoR will completely negate 1 and then Verse of Vitality + CoR + Riff + CoR will negate the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    A bard can almost solo heal through foul winds. Virtuoso and CoR will completely negate 1 and then Verse of Vitality + CoR + Riff + CoR will negate the next.
    This is highly dependent on the gear of the party. As is I feel that EotSQ is over tuned for regular players and perfectly tuned for ID geared players.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    This is highly dependent on the gear of the party. As is I feel that EotSQ is over tuned for regular players and perfectly tuned for ID geared players.
    I actually just beat it for the second time, but as bard. I solo healed it on my cleric before as warden with that OP instant cast AOE heal, and now I did it with a chloro healer and me on bard. When I barded, I killed the blade in about 4-5 globals on my own and did riff + coda of resto and virtuoso + coda of resto on the other. My bard's only in T1 dungeon gear with a few T2 dungeon pieces, so I'm not very geared, but I still think it's overtuned for people that won't have the perfect specs.

Whatever that sequence was before the first boss took way too long.
    Akx@Deepwood - 8/8 ID - 4/4 PF - http://riftblackout.com

It took two groups for me to beat it. People need to stop disbanding after a few wipes. It's like they've forgotten what it's like to have to learn content.

The first boss didn't... really feel like a boss. I think it's the music. Plus, the pacing is odd. I like the AoE damage, though. The second boss wasn't that interesting, to be honest. I really liked the third boss, though I think it should deal more damage.

That fourth boss... I was not prepared. It's hard to make sure you're not caught on a GCD, but it's healable if you're on your toes. For a Chloromancer, just make sure Radiant Spores and Withering Vines are up, make sure you're in LGV (you should probably just heal the whole fight in this Veil), have Nature's Touch set to be instant cast and fire it right when the first tick hits. Then, hit Flourish. If you have enough health to survive two ticks, the Flourish will guarantee that you won't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Armine View Post
    It took two groups for me to beat it. People need to stop disbanding after a few wipes. It's like they've forgotten what it's like to have to learn content.

The first boss didn't... really feel like a boss. I think it's the music. Plus, the pacing is odd. I like the AoE damage, though. The second boss wasn't that interesting, to be honest. I really liked the third boss, though I think it should deal more damage.

That fourth boss... I was not prepared. It's hard to make sure you're not caught on a GCD, but it's healable if you're on your toes. For a Chloromancer, just make sure Radiant Spores and Withering Vines are up, make sure you're in LGV (you should probably just heal the whole fight in this Veil), have Nature's Touch set to be instant cast and fire it right when the first tick hits. Then, hit Flourish. If you have enough health to survive two ticks, the Flourish will guarantee that you won't die.
    We ran the group with full ID geared members. I believe it was rogue tactician, cleric tank, cleric healer, mage harbringer / chloro DPS, and a warrior DPS.

HPS breakdown at the end was something like Cleric @ 1100, Tactician @ 900 and Cleric Tank at 500-600. Cleric was not in a warden spec.
    Akx@Deepwood - 8/8 ID - 4/4 PF - http://riftblackout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Akx View Post
    We ran the group with full ID geared members. I believe it was rogue tactician, cleric tank, cleric healer, mage harbringer / chloro DPS, and a warrior DPS.

HPS breakdown at the end was something like Cleric @ 1100, Tactician @ 900 and Cleric Tank at 500-600. Cleric was not in a warden spec.
    We were nowhere near as geared. If I remember correctly, our successful group was Warrior tank and DPS, rogue ranger and myself and another mage as Chloromancers. Our healing was split right at 1100.

+ Reply to Thread