+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dimensions in BETA1

a little buggy -- items staying in dimension "not found"

I placed a rock, played around with it, then placed a table. When I went back to the rock, it let me pick it up, but the rock stayed on the ground as well as appearing in my bag. This also happened to the table...I could not get any of the other items to do that, but it looks like I have a permanent rock and table in my dimension as well as in my bag to place elsewhere.

Copy feature really helped and is nice. I would agree about a snap option for ease of building straight walls and floors. I would only want it as an option tho, its nice to have the freedom to place things where and how you want.

A few things I would like to have in Dims: (forgive me if any of this is in the newer zones, i have not got that far)

1.) Square lumber as in 4x4's (Great for making Decks, for wall aesthetics, and stack to make ceiling beams)
    2.) Window panes
    3.) Crafting tables
    4.) Useable Mailbox
    5.) Rest bonus while in Dim

Also would be nice to have some kind of "Combine" option to makle walls a single piece once made and then be able to move the entire wall at one time. Would also be awesome to be able to copy a wall once combined.

These Dims could lead to a lot of cool things with some development. I could see a Carpenter/Architect added to the games crafting professions. The Architects could make blueprints for pre-fab walls, decks, housing etc and would take Carpenter profession to execute them

I really like this. Only thing is with the 150 platinum one i can only place a max of 400 building units. No where near enough unless i am missing something to increase it more than the 200 hundred i was able too.
    Also agree a snap to grid would be really nice. Keep up the great work on this.

as some one already suggestes a "snap to grid" function.
    And maybe let us buy "bigger" elements. Like a piece that is 5x5 or 10x10 stones big.

Absolutly awesome would be a small stand alone programm that allow you to design your house and just import it to the game.

In the end everythings that makes it easier to build things is welcome. "Copy" helped but its still very, very time comsuming to build something good looking

edit:

Oh and the dimension vendors in a dimension, or at least a menu where you can buy the stuff would be nice. Maybe a dropdown menue or wahtever. So you dont need to teleport out everytime you run out of something.

This
    Quote Originally Posted by fawlty View Post
    would like to see a sort of snap to grid option so things can align easily to each other.
    and this
    Also would be nice to have some kind of "Combine" option to makle walls a single piece once made and then be able to move the entire wall at one time. Would also be awesome to be able to copy a wall once combined.
    I noticed there is a way to grop more items but i have yet to find how it works or why it works. I would love a "group items" button and a "lock group" button.

Also when using some times, like square planks of wood the directional arrows are so big you can not see the item anymore and you have to guess where it starts and where it ends.

While placing items and moving them sometimes they disapppear for 1-2 seconds only to reappear again. Now half of the time i was lucky it came back right where it vanished half of the time it was halfway across the dimension.

Also i placed a tree by mistake and then i could not pick it up anymore. Eventually i picked it up from the list of items and it appeared in my bags but it did not disappear from the dimension. However leaving and then re-entering the dimension seemed to fix it.

Is it intentional that if you log off in your dimension when relogging you are not there anymore? In my character screen it says i am in Faen's Retreat but when i log in i am in the last place i was before stepping into the dimension.

I would also like more options for indoor plants and potted plants.

That's all i remember for now.

I could upgrade my dimension but i missed a tooltip that explained what it does (increase number of items in dimension) and what it will cost.

so peaceful

I bought the dimension in shimmersand. Wonderful as it is this is going to become my new afk/don't want to be bothered place.

The rotation button takes a bit of getting use to but other than that everything seems to be going good in there.

Forgive me if I sound like a fool, but how do I actual get into my dimension? I got the key and bound it to my character, now how do I actually get in?

Quote Originally Posted by RedHarlow View Post
    Forgive me if I sound like a fool, but how do I actual get into my dimension? I got the key and bound it to my character, now how do I actually get in?
    1) Add Key to Collections
    2) Hit the [ key to bring up Dimension Menu
    3) Click on the Key in your Dimension Menu

I built a mushroom house of awesomeness in my dimension and a great deck but was only able to max out at 500 items in dormant core which is tier 4 upgrade. I talked to some guildies and they said that isn't right and that I be able to upgrade to tier 5 which is 625. Anyways I filled up only half of the bottom level with that (I used over 200 mushrooms assembling the house lol) . In beta we have basically unlimited plat so I doubt I will use that much on live right away. A suggestion: increasing the number of items allowed eventually. I don't think it needs to happen right away but it would be nice to have that limit increased. Also please fix the bug not allowing the upgrade to tier 5 limit. Thank you for dimensions trion
    Kylarianna@greybriar black company all the way baby:)

oh and it was dormant core sorry edit button missing. thanks!
    Kylarianna@greybriar black company all the way baby:)

+ Reply to Thread