+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dimensions in BETA1

Dimensions in BETA1

Welcome to BETA!

I'm sure many of you are just dying to get into dimensions and start building out your own personal space. In order to get you started here is a real quick guide to dimensions in BETA1

Dimension Features in BETA1
    • Personal Dimensions are ready for testing! This includes obtaining dimensions, placing items, and moving to a new dimension.
    • Guild Dimensions are not availible.
    • Visting other player's dimensions is not availible.

Your First Dimension
    • There are NPCs located in the crafting areas of each capitol city that will start you on the path to earning your first dimension. Seek out Perzin Hejme or Tryyna Hejme!
    • Completing this quest chain will award you a starter Dimension as well as a bag of goodies to start building with!

Dimension Item Vendors
    • Both Perzin and Tryyna have a small selection of Dimension items for new players to purchase
    • There are multiple Dimension related shops in Tempest Bay, so make your way to the city and do some shopping!
    Senior Producer - RIFT
    www.riftgame.com

Loving the idea with dimensions but couldn't get it to work

Got there OK by clicking key under dimensions tab but I couldn't get any further as when I tried to drag and drop Gartyn's Amphora it just kept telling me that container was not empty.

Also saw a nasty bubble type wall as I was moving round the edge of the dimension - is this necessary as it spoils the view.

Placing Dimension Items quest is bugged, but since there was a system message I'm sure ya'll already know how. I did finally get the urn to place by clicking the "move items" button, but then couldn't interact with it. Leaving and returning to the dimension then made the urn disappear.

I bought the Faen's Retreat key to try out that one and accepted the pop-up box saying that I will replace my current dimension with that one. Teleport bar ran for Faen's Retreat and I never got teleported. Now when I click on it, it tells me that the teleport failed. (edit: and now that I reported it being bugged, it worked... how odd)

Are there going to be some lower priced dimensions to start? 150 plat is pretty steep for newer players, and the freebie one is crazy small. Also, I see that you can upgrade the dimensions, looks like it only costs 1g per upgrade though?

Those arrow sliders are pretty slick! edit: disregard the pitch/roll part, just tried out the rotate feature and found it there.. rock on!

I just made a table disappear around 292 1066 293 in Faen's Retreat. Poor table! It does show on the dimension item listing though so it can be recovered.

Practicing some free building right now; on the 5th stone tile I placed the resizing arrow didn't disappear. Haven't tried exiting/re-entering yet but I'm guessing that shouldn't have happened anyways! (the same one stayed even after resizing the 6th block, so that apparently doesn't clear it. also seeing it outside of edit mode; exiting and re-entering did make it go away)

While the wheels for rotate/pitch/roll are very helpful, they're REALLY big, making it difficult to see the object you're working with.

An "undo last change" button would be super-helpful.

While moving an item up, if you hit the top of your field of view, it bounces down to the bottom.

An alternate rotation control would be nice. One that would allow you to rotate/pitch/roll to a pre-set degree, maybe in 15 or 45 degree increments? The free rotate is nice for some things, but if you're just trying to make a tile go 90 degrees, it's a pain to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Solldara View Post
    Also saw a nasty bubble type wall as I was moving round the edge of the dimension - is this necessary as it spoils the view.
    I liked the effect of the bubble. It makes sense to me. Admitted it doesn't give you much room to move around in the initial dimension, but I assume that is not where you would ultimately make your homes.

I love where the whole dimensions thing is going.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    The current Quest has a small bug in it that is causing you to be unable to place the object to spawn the quest NPC. This is fixed and will be out next patch

-Gersh
    Senior Producer - RIFT
    www.riftgame.com

Training dummies for dimensions please.
    .,__,.........,__,....... ______
    `.,,.*`.,,.*..|' .' .'/\:_|/\
    `.,,.*`.,,.*<|' '.:.(。◕‿‿◕。)
    -........--""-.......--"""u"'''''''''u''''''''u

I finished building a free-standing shack in Faen's Retreat. I think I maybe opened it to the public, no idea how that would work, though. Anyway, it wasn't too bad with the given tools, just time consuming.

One thing I noticed about the retreat dimension is that it's a Shimmersand setting, yet the mountains around it look like Iron Pine Peak's. Good job on having the barrier on the tops of the mountains... of course the first thing I did was climb to see if I could get over to the other side!

Overall I am loving the dimensions.

There are a few items that would be really nice to be able to buy. Chairs are nice but sofa's would be great, artwork for the walls as they look kind of bare (resorted to puting one of the fishing nets up on it) and rugs.

Smile Love dimensions but...

when placing items in the dimensions, there is no way to rotate them that I found, you seem to be stuck with the alignment you are given, they do move up/down and forward and to the side easily enough though. Please make the items rotatable.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    when placing items in the dimensions, there is no way to rotate them that I found, you seem to be stuck with the alignment you are given, they do move up/down and forward and to the side easily enough though. Please make the items rotatable.
    There is a rotation widget available. By default it is bound to your 2 key. It's the second button in the Dimension Toolbar that replaces your main ability bar while in edit mode.

Dimensions

This quest appears to still be bugged. I can get to the dimension using the key, put down the container, and that is the end of it. Nothing else happens. I've dropped the quest and picked it up again...twice. It doesn't help. Needs to be fixed.

Request:

a preview Option for Dimension Items (before you buy it) - please, please

a "copy" last Item setting. If you placing planks / tiles / ... its hell of annoying to scale them to correct size, rotate them twice and finally place them. And that for every single item. Withe the "copy" setting you get the Plank with the same size and angels as the last one.

Bugs:

cast "Travel to Dimension" but did not zone you in - happend a few times now.

the "arrows" from the edit mode stick on the items - even if you leave the edit mode.

Quote Originally Posted by catmac View Post
    This quest appears to still be bugged. I can get to the dimension using the key, put down the container, and that is the end of it. Nothing else happens. I've dropped the quest and picked it up again...twice. It doesn't help. Needs to be fixed.
    +1
    quest is bugged at this step.

So dimensions are like having your own house?
    stupid idea. wont even bother buying one.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    regarding the request for:

"a "copy" last Item setting. If you placing planks / tiles / ... its hell of annoying to scale them to correct size, rotate them twice and finally place them. And that for every single item. Withe the "copy" setting you get the Plank with the same size and angels as the last one."

Sine we had a number of people request this, we just added this to our most recent Beta build. Select an item and use Ctrl+d. If you have another of that item in your bag, it will bring it out with the same rotation and scale as the original.

Thanks for the awesome feedback, keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by kytsuri View Post
    regarding the request for:

"a "copy" last Item setting. If you placing planks / tiles / ... its hell of annoying to scale them to correct size, rotate them twice and finally place them. And that for every single item. Withe the "copy" setting you get the Plank with the same size and angels as the last one."

Sine we had a number of people request this, we just added this to our most recent Beta build. Select an item and use Ctrl+d. If you have another of that item in your bag, it will bring it out with the same rotation and scale as the original.

Thanks for the awesome feedback, keep it coming!
    awesome - thanks a lot

snap to grid

would like to see a sort of snap to grid option so things can align easily to each other.

Really like dimensions thus far. From testing out as many items as I can get my hands on; I love how intuitive it is, and how easy it is to rotate/scale/etc items. Good job Trion!
    Marko.
    - Before commenting, please at the very least read the Stickies.

So I started with the dimension stuff and bought Faen's retreat dimension, was wondering if we could have any sort of preview of the dimension before buying?

Edit: Also, rested XP in your own dimension would be nice.

Regards!

Love it

One comment;
    I think it would be nice if we got reat in our dimensions, in case we log out / exit game and forgot to go home.

Started to build a house, and found it very time consuming, and had to go back to get more supplies, as I kept under estimating what building supplies I would need.

Still had a great time playing around with it.

I read this post about the copy feature, I will have to try that out today.
    :-)
    Mog Ur

+ Reply to Thread