+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time for me to beg

Time for me to beg

For the love of god please please class gurus and dev try and achieve some kind of balance before this releases. Rift cannot take another round of up and down class nerfs and buffs.

The content release schedule is too fast and it simply creates a huge roller coaster. Thanks again to our class gurus for all your hard work!!

I personally like the constant changes, especially when it comes to what spec is top DPS for your calling. Having the same spec top DPS for the entire expansion (another year?) can be very boring. Clerics have gone through a lot of changes early on that each soul (except Cab) 51 spec has been top at one point or another, not to mention the time of Druid/Shaman hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    I personally like the constant changes, especially when it comes to what spec is top DPS for your calling. Having the same spec top DPS for the entire expansion (another year?) can be very boring. Clerics have gone through a lot of changes early on that each soul (except Cab) 51 spec has been top at one point or another, not to mention the time of Druid/Shaman hybrid.
    I am sure you know what I mean. Those super op builds and then nerfed to oblivion. Perfect example for mages was Ground of Strength changes in 1.2 that created monsters.

It really has settled down in the last few patches and people have started to flow back into the game, but the sheer unpredictability caused so many problems for guilds and keeping players.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I am sure you know what I mean. Those super op builds and then nerfed to oblivion. Perfect example for mages was Ground of Strength changes in 1.2 that created monsters.

It really has settled down in the last few patches and people have started to flow back into the game, but the sheer unpredictability caused so many problems for guilds and keeping players.
    I know what you mean, but with those buffs/nerfs comes new specs is all I am saying. I have a feeling your point has more to do with PvP? That is what it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    I know what you mean, but with those buffs/nerfs comes new specs is all I am saying. I have a feeling your point has more to do with PvP? That is what it sounds like.
    Just all around. There is a difference between having multiple viable builds (warrior tanking right now) and being forced into OP builds that have a clear advantage. I think Trion has learned from these mistakes of the past, but there are some huge changes to classes, so hoping a lot gets caught.

Major changes like this wont get balanced for an entire year.

With the 27 souls between each of the callings, you have to consider an equally wide(or wider) variety of desired playstyles.

For instance, I'm loving the Pally/Warlord dual wield tank spec, might change it around a bit on live, but it suits me as a warrior build so far.

So far, people're playing with combinations that work for them and do good to great in their categories. I'd imagine the goal isn't to make one class the "one true build", but to keep things how they are atm in beta xD

+ Reply to Thread