+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Justicar

Justicar

Hey all!
    To use Mujah`s Idea, i would like to make a own Thread for each Cleris Soul for Bugs/Discussions/Questions/etc. So we can get a better overview and dont have all of the questions/Bugs etc in one Thread.

This should be for the Justicar Soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Justicar - The Justicar remains a healing-themed tanking soul. While they still trigger all of the same heals through damaging abilities, the healing is no longer based on the damage done.

So, lets start

If you have something to ask or report Bugs or what ever has to do with the Justicar, feel free to post it here.
    Best wishes!

I'm very curious as to how salvation/reparation heals are calculated now that they aren't based on damage done.

based on spellpower? or set amount for each rank?

I've played with the soul calculator a bit and found that for a "traditional" -icar build you need a 59/21/0 spec or some such to get DoL and mien of honor. I think the dps of this would be low though.

for a cabicar or defilicar you'd only need 13 points in justicar BUT you won't get DoL (which is fine since cab and def only do death damage)

so the question is: how effective is 13 points in justicar for raid heals doing non-justicar damage? If 13 points is ineffective then the days of role of hybrid -icars will be severely limited. full dps or full warden raid healing makes me sad

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrux View Post
    I'm very curious as to how salvation/reparation heals are calculated now that they aren't based on damage done.

based on spellpower? or set amount for each rank?

I've played with the soul calculator a bit and found that for a "traditional" -icar build you need a 59/21/0 spec or some such to get DoL and mien of honor. I think the dps of this would be low though.

for a cabicar or defilicar you'd only need 13 points in justicar BUT you won't get DoL (which is fine since cab and def only do death damage)

so the question is: how effective is 13 points in justicar for raid heals doing non-justicar damage? If 13 points is ineffective then the days of role of hybrid -icars will be severely limited. full dps or full warden raid healing makes me sad
    If you read Zinbik's post about this (escapes me where it was at the moment) its basically what he said. Hybrids will not be dead but they don't want the best aoe healing specs to be hybrid...is what Warden is for now. Its going to force healers to play better in progression content I think since you will not be able to afford more hybrid type healer to pump out more dps. I don't view this as a negative thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    If you read Zinbik's post about this (escapes me where it was at the moment) its basically what he said. Hybrids will not be dead but they don't want the best aoe healing specs to be hybrid...is what Warden is for now. Its going to force healers to play better in progression content I think since you will not be able to afford more hybrid type healer to pump out more dps. I don't view this as a negative thing.
    yea i understand where they are coming from but i'll feel disappointed if the only 2 options for raids are full dps or full heal because frankly i hate just healing (looking at hp bars) I'd rather dps the enemy while healing the raid at the same time

that is, when i'm not tanking

i guess i should say i only enjoy tanking, dpsing, and raid healing through dps. the closest thing i have on live to a full healer is senticar. if i have to replace the senticar with a full warden then i'll probably drop the spec and just tank and dps. this will also lessen the raid slots for dps clerics since some of those who usually play hybrids will have to go warden

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrux View Post
    yea i understand where they are coming from but i'll feel disappointed if the only 2 options for raids are full dps or full heal because frankly i hate just healing (looking at hp bars) I'd rather dps the enemy while healing the raid at the same time

that is, when i'm not tanking

i guess i should say i only enjoy tanking, dpsing, and raid healing through dps. the closest thing i have on live to a full healer is senticar. if i have to replace the senticar with a full warden then i'll probably drop the spec and just tank and dps. this will also lessen the raid slots for dps clerics since some of those who usually play hybrids will have to go warden
    I agree that we are losing something when it comes to inquisicar not being the best at mixing DPS with optimal raid healing, it was fun on some fights...like Laethys to be DPS in p1 and really good ae heals in p2/p3 or Ituziel same kind of deal. Will just have to see how they play out...work cannot get over fast enough and I am only working a half day

I agree that we are losing something when it comes to inquisicar not being the best at mixing DPS with optimal raid healing, it was fun on some fights...like Laethys to be DPS in p1 and really good ae heals in p2/p3 or Ituziel same kind of deal. Will just have to see how they play out...work cannot get over fast enough and I am only working a half day
    i wish i was only working half a day lol.... only 4 hours to go

Sovereignty cast

I cannot find something about changing this cast.

Now it only stuns for 2sec. I think it is useless without doing any damage.

Is this a bug? Because zinblik did nothing mention about a change in this skill.

Love the low tree charge from shaman!!! Even with some damage!! Good thing

Asphodel's justicar Crystal (crystal description is wrong)

2 gear bonus: Increases healing done with salvation by 0.

Hmm nice bonus
    I have tested it and it seems not true. The crystal gives a bonus on salvation. It gives with my gear a bonus for about 286 health per hit more than without crystal.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyBoys View Post
    I cannot find something about changing this cast.

Now it only stuns for 2sec. I think it is useless without doing any damage.

Is this a bug? Because zinblik did nothing mention about a change in this skill.

Love the low tree charge from shaman!!! Even with some damage!! Good thing
    There are not patch notes on everything that changed. Sovereignty is a simple 2s Stun now, nothing more.

Some initial thoughts as I've been running around for awhile now and completed Exodus of the Storm Queen:

I decided to run a 51 Justicar, 9 Shaman, 6 Inquisitor. I was sitting around 29k HP with ID Mark Pieces, Carcearan Flange, HK Shield/Neck, Heroic Endurance Vial and Dwarven Goulash. I was also just under 27k Armor.

There finally stuff to do! No longer a 1-2 button spam depending on single-target or multi-target. Hammer of Duty was hitting like an absolute truck at 7 convictions, and 7-conviction Hammer of Faith with 4 targets was in the 3k DPS range. Convictions are generated quick, especially with 'Light Makes Right', I wouldn't be surprised to see our DPS jump to ridiculous amounts once the general feel of the spec gets ironed out.

It was a bit surprising to see "Salvation" healing people, instead of Reparation, but not much changed there.

Ok - something odd - I spam Censure - and it heals me via salvation - even if there is nothing to hit. Looks like a bug to me =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigia View Post
    Ok - something odd - I spam Censure - and it heals me via salvation - even if there is nothing to hit. Looks like a bug to me =)
    Confirmed, I was getting heals from both Salvation and from "Vengeance of the Chosen" in the Shaman tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigia View Post
    not a bug, read how salvation works. It doesnt specify that you have to do damage, only that you have to use a damaging ability.

I don't know about others, but reparation being a togglable buff was very useful. In order to prevent tons of AE aggro that came from AE heals to the raid, I would turn it off to assist others keeping aggro when using multiple tanks in a raid. Was this considered when they combined Reparation into Salvation? Seems like it could be a problem...I don't always want to AE heal from my damage.

Cheers Noshei - still its fun spamming even justice/censure to heal up with no convictions =)

I don't think it will force players to play with more skill, it will just force raids to stack raid healers that are fairly useless outside of raid healing. This setup also takes away the ability for a healer to be a raid healer for one phase of a fight and a main healer for another.

Pure healing gets very boring, sometime you really want to have the feeling of actually participating in a fight and the icar hybrid spec gave you that feeling. Honestly, I feel like the expansion is trying to pigeonhole clerics into either a healer or a dps or a tank, not some wonderful combination.

Meh, I am rather negative right now because I am disappointed which is clouding how I see the expansion. Right now I am regretting pre-ordering, but I am sure that will change.

17.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Rift Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalla View Post
    it will just force raids to stack raid healers that are fairly useless outside of raid healing. This setup also takes away the ability for a healer to be a raid healer for one phase of a fight and a main healer for another.
    There is no such thing anymore. Every healer does damage now. Wardens, if focused on DPS, are balanced at 50% of an Inquisitor's DPS. That's as a pure spec. If you hybridize, you can reach much higher DPS in exchange for lower (but still high) HPS. Wardens are meant to be better than Senticars at both DPS and HPS.

There is no such thing anymore. Every healer does damage now. Wardens, if focused on DPS, are balanced at 50% of an Inquisitor's DPS. That's as a pure spec. If you hybridize, you can reach much higher DPS in exchange for lower (but still high) HPS. Wardens are meant to be better than Senticars at both DPS and HPS.
    Sounds really nice!
    Warden have a power heal anyway

I admit I did ignore the damage abilities of warden and just concentrated on the aoe healing, as I didn't expect that from the warden soul.

I am more concerned with replicating the ability of the senticar to main heal the first phase of Leathys for instance and then raid heal the rest of the fight. I am am sure the builds will be found it is just a little disappointing right now, but then perhaps change always is.

the warden is pretty suited for laethys in the end, with a lot of tank healing, and raid spike damages, you can handle everything by yourself (maybe two of them will be enough to handle the whole laethys fight)

+ Reply to Thread