+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Justicar

So there is no point in having a Senticar any more if it is outperformed in both aspects by a Warden?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubia View Post
    the warden is pretty suited for laethys in the end, with a lot of tank healing, and raid spike damages, you can handle everything by yourself (maybe two of them will be enough to handle the whole laethys fight)
    Mana becomes an issue quick unless you can spend time sitting there channeling the mana regen ability, which on Laethys at times you won't be able to. The burst HPS capability is huge in Warden though.

I did notice a pattern though, planning is important in all our heal specs now, even Warden. It does have the oh sh** instant heal but if you resort to that all the time mana is gone so fast.

Reprieve does not work corect.

double post (can be delete)

Reprieve does not work corect.

Reprieve should heal the target with the mandate on him and yourself of course.

It does only heal the target with the mandate when it is in the party with you.
    Live it does also heal the target with the mandate when it is not in party with you.

Like the healing practice dummy.

Doing Expert Deepstrike Mines, and I can not hold ago at all, is anyone else noticing this? Yesterday on Beta I tanked fine in several dungeons, today I can not get a single mob to stay on me. I am using all my taunts etc from the start, and after those 3 seconds mobs just ping pong, I even had the group wait to engage, and as soon as they did bam mobs starting running a muck.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent05 View Post
    Doing Expert Deepstrike Mines, and I can not hold ago at all, is anyone else noticing this? Yesterday on Beta I tanked fine in several dungeons, today I can not get a single mob to stay on me. I am using all my taunts etc from the start, and after those 3 seconds mobs just ping pong, I even had the group wait to engage, and as soon as they did bam mobs starting running a muck.
    After a few deaths, and a couple recasts of Leadership, it seemed to finally give me threat. Possible bug of leadership not working correctly after deaths?

I tanked the new dungeon a few times and my threat was perfect. Never lost agro once. I really do love the new justicar, definitely going to try never heal or dps again

Quote Originally Posted by Advent05 View Post
    Did you use your doctrine of loyality ?

I had severe problems with aggro in HK last night

a 51pally/15VK was able to pull mobs off of me when the mobs were at 50% HP with only 2 or 3 hits

the mobs were also running around attacking our dps (not crazy geared either), i'd say it was a struggle to hold aggro to say the least

I was using mostly DoL, i wonder if healing or overhealing aggo is broken again?

also some more info: as far as gear goes i'm mostly relic ID and relic HK geared

on murdantix i did ~1000 dps single target

on that particular trash pull i was doing ~1800 HPS (800 HPS and 1000 overheals per second)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrux View Post

a 51pally/15VK was able to pull mobs off of me when the mobs were at 50% HP with only 2 or 3 hits

the mobs were also running around attacking our dps (not crazy geared either), i'd say it was a struggle to hold aggro to say the least

I was using mostly DoL, i wonder if healing or overhealing aggo is broken again?

also some more info: as far as gear goes i'm mostly relic ID and relic HK geared

on that particular trash pull i was doing ~1800 HPS (800 HPS and 1000 overheals per second)
    Ran Exodus as tank for a period and had 0 threat issues...however, I wonder if the ability in Justicar that converts DoL overheals into absorbs isn't causing threat like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelight View Post
    Ran Exodus as tank for a period and had 0 threat issues...however, I wonder if the ability in Justicar that converts DoL overheals into absorbs isn't causing threat like it should.
    I didn't take that talent yet O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrux View Post

Agree, just tanking the normal dungeon I noticed threat isn't as effective as it was on Live (using DoL as overhealing)
    Akx@Deepwood - 8/8 ID - 4/4 PF - http://riftblackout.com

Why is there still a 15 sec cooldown on MoL/MoH?

The icar specs are all but dead thus it is probably time to get rid of the cooldown and allow for on-demanding switching.

Riftstalker phase switching aren't limited to such perimeters and provided less dps penalty in tank mode.

-Delhetorve

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    There is no such thing anymore. Every healer does damage now. Wardens, if focused on DPS, are balanced at 50% of an Inquisitor's DPS. That's as a pure spec. If you hybridize, you can reach much higher DPS in exchange for lower (but still high) HPS. Wardens are meant to be better than Senticars at both DPS and HPS.
    In 50/50 hk/id gear 51 warden I was poking out around 1200 dps on the dummy. The AOE he'as that are in the spec actually seem interesting i'd love to run an HK to see how it performs.

Quote Originally Posted by Akx View Post
    Agree, just tanking the normal dungeon I noticed threat isn't as effective as it was on Live (using DoL as overhealing)
    Interesting I noticed the same off the heals but once I started mixing in censure and Ej more with less dol spam it seemed fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    Did you use your doctrine of loyality ?
    Yes............

Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    Interesting I noticed the same off the heals but once I started mixing in censure and Ej more with less dol spam it seemed fine.
    Yup, if you can tag a mob with EJ running in, or Censure running in there's no issues. But I'm doing significantly more HPS than I am on Live and for whatever reason it is (havne't had enough time to test tanking yet tbh) threat just doesn't feel the same.
    Akx@Deepwood - 8/8 ID - 4/4 PF - http://riftblackout.com

Anyone having issues with Salvation not working?

I specced 51 druid 9 justicar 6 Sent for general leveling. And there were times when Salvation was not healing at all. I was using justicar abilities and non-justi stuff and nothing was working.

I had to either fix it by logging or it'd start working randomly after a few minutes.

No threat generation

I've had the threat generation bug. I had to restart twice to get it working again. Tested it for about 30 minutes trying to switch roles, recasting MoL, etc... Only started generating aggro after the second game restart. I was literally generating 'no' threat. I would pull a single mob, get it down to 10%, then have a rogue friend shoot it once... it peeled like an overripe banana. If I taunted, I got it for 3s and it immediately peeled on the next ability from the rogue.

Haven't been able to reproduce it since then though.

Rebuke

Also, an a completely separate ability...

I've been having problems with the new rebuke actually pulling the mob to my location. I'll use it and the recharge will start, but the mob just stands there grinning back at me. No 'immune' or anything, these are just trash and world mobs.

Along that same vein, is there any interest in a talent that we can put points in that would allow our other abilities to reduce the cooldown on rebuke or am I spoiled? As a primary warrior tank, having a <1 min pull is an incredible tool especially for fights like MMCR where you have either a MM mob that uses the blast back ability, or the sorcerers that teleport and cast their AE on someone. I'm not wanting a cookie cutter of the 8s Sergeant's Order, just something that allows this on a more consistent basis. Or even a talent that reduces cooldown but also subsequently reduces the number of mobs pulled with it. But running and hiding around every nook and cranny in the geometry just doesn't say "Holy Warrior Tank" to me.

Anyway, just wondering.

+ Reply to Thread