+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shaman

Shaman

Hey all!
    To use Mujah`s Idea, i would like to make a own Thread for each Cleris Soul for Bugs/Discussions/Questions/etc. So we can get a better overview and dont have all of the questions/Bugs etc in one Thread.

This should be for the Shaman Soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Shaman - While the Shaman should look very familiar, he's seen a fair number of changes to give him a better feel and remove much of his RNG factor. Long Memory is no more. In its place is Pattern of Violence which causes all weapon attacks to reduce the current cooldown of Massive Blow. Brutalize no longer stacks and only lasts 3s.

So, lets start

If you have something to ask or report Bugs or what ever has to do with the Shaman, feel free to post it here.
    Best wishes!

Slow. I dont know why, but shaman just feels SLOW

I used 51 shaman, 8 defiler, rest druid ( i think)

I understand the whole no macro things, which is fine, but, the animation or something, just makes it slow.
    Switch between crushing blow and water crushing blow and jolt and MB (which is finally massive) is not fluid whatsoever.

The 51 point and Lightning hammer both seem to trigger the buff that increases the next phys attack so, there is a gap within your rotation, especially with the jolt factor. Many times i had LH, 51 and jolt up MB up. No refresh is not only a dps loss, but throws off the rhythm, using MB after LH throws off timers for those who do not use addons, and using jolt is a dps loss as MB does about double the damage.

Iunno, i guess it takes some getting used to, but the rhythm is very sporadic and i dont know, the animation is just slow and not fluid.

Its definitely a rotation based on priorities, and will take getting used to. Well done on all the cleric classes to not be 12111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111121111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111121111111111111111111 1111111111111111111

mashfests.

I found Inqisitor to get slightly higher than Sham, but it was a much easier rotation, so perhaps thats why.

I agree completely with the fact the Shaman feels off. I used the prebuild that Trion supplied and could not get into a comfortable rotation. This makes me sad as I used to love running as a Shaman when I could even though the DPS was low. But now I feel like it is even more off than before. Hopefully they will pull this soul more in line with other melee classes.

So I am not seeing the big difference between crushing blow and icy blow. Anyone see the benefit of one over the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Advent05 View Post
    So I am not seeing the big difference between crushing blow and icy blow. Anyone see the benefit of one over the other?
    Icy blow allows the next phys attack (crushing blow/MB) to do more damage.

Then we have one that is non phys and phys. When armour and/or res is a factor in the fight, there will be a certain one you would use over the other. When not, using icy before CB should increase CBs natural damage.

Should.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent05 View Post
    So I am not seeing the big difference between crushing blow and icy blow. Also with the changes to Jolt, is there a change to show when you get a critical hit to make it obvious to use it then? If not I can see it being a waste because of following mechanics while trying to watch your damage scroll by for that crit is going to be a PITA. Just throwin that out there.
    Yes, when you have jolt as a reactive ability it means it is an improved jolt.

Jolt is no longer an oGCD ability, and it has no cooldown, therefore if you use it while not being a reactive ability it will hit for so low.

Your priorities are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    Per GCD damage rankings are below. * denotes Frostbite buff required.

*Massive Blow
    Frozen Wrath
    Lightning Hammer
    *Crushing Blow
    Improved Jolt
    Icy Blow
    Jolt

Macro1:
    #show Massive Blow
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Crushing Blow

Macro2:
    #show Deep Freeze
    cast Rage of The North
    cast Deep Freeze
    cast Massive Blow

Notes:
    - Rotate between non-Phys attacks and Phys attacks.
    - Avoid using Icy Blow as much as possible.
    - Jolt is used as a non-Phys attack filler if Frozen Wrath or Lightning Hammer are already used.
    - If FW, LH and iJolt are not ready to be used, you may use Icy Blow.

Rotation: Frozen Wrath > Spam Macro2 until MB goes off > Lightning Hammer > Rush of Strength > Macro1 > iJolt > Macro1 > Icy Blow/iJolt > Macro 1 > do the last two steps until Frozen Wrath is off then repeat.
    <Special Olympics> Recruiting Mage Pets (with or without their owner) to replace our Cleric DPS.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team
    Don't forget that Frozen Wrath and Lightning Hammer can be macroed together for easier DoT management.

The 40 point skill "windwalk" - Increase parry and dodge by 25% and run speed by 50%. 1 minute cooldown, 15s duration.

Shaman do not really get anything that gives them parry and dodge. My shaman's dodge and parry are a whole 22 points, not percent. If this skill adds (.25 x 22) to my current dodge and parry its pointless. If it adds 25% literally to my dodge percent score then its ok. Either way the skill is not changing stats on my character stat page.

Speaking of dodge and parry, shouldn't the shaman (and druid) get some dodge and parry, at least as much as the warrior DPS souls naturally get? They have to fight in melee just as much as the warrior melee souls do.

i am feeling a bit loss, but it feels like we lost aoe in this class.

I do realize we have a 5 target buff and a 3 target aoe... but??

Quote Originally Posted by THRiLL KiLL View Post
    i am feeling a bit loss, but it feels like we lost aoe in this class.

I do realize we have a 5 target buff and a 3 target aoe... but??
    Yes it is a bit low, however just in case you haven't noticed yet, Strike of the Maelstrom spreads Frozen Wrath, so make sure to start your AoE rotation with:

Frozen Wrath > Strike of the Maelstrom > Avalanche Strike > Rotate the last two steps until Frozen Wrath is off then repeat.
    <Special Olympics> Recruiting Mage Pets (with or without their owner) to replace our Cleric DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    Yes it is a bit low, however just in case you haven't noticed yet, Strike of the Maelstrom spreads Frozen Wrath, so make sure to start your AoE rotation with:

Frozen Wrath > Strike of the Maelstrom > Spam Avalanche Strike until Frozen Wrath is off.
    Wouldnt you alternate strike of the maelstrom after avalanche strikes since it is considered physical and benefits from Frostbite, instead of spamming avalanche strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    Wouldnt you alternate strike of the maelstrom after avalanche strikes since it is considered physical and benefits from Frostbite, instead of spamming avalanche strike.
    That is true, i didnt realize it, thanks. i'll edit my previous post to remove misinformation then

Strike of the Maelstrom does more damage than avalanche strike and doesn't have a CD, so why wouldn't your macro just be:

Frozen Wrath > Strike of the Maelstom

Why use avalanche strike at all? Even with the extra damage from Frostbite doesn't make it better than SotM.....or am I missing something?

I am liking the added complexity to shaman, what are you average parses on the dummy? I cant break 4k, but then again my cleric is an alt for now, till SL.

Quote Originally Posted by justbleed View Post
    Strike of the Maelstrom does more damage than avalanche strike and doesn't have a CD, so why wouldn't your macro just be:

Frozen Wrath > Strike of the Maelstom

Why use avalanche strike at all? Even with the extra damage from Frostbite doesn't make it better than SotM.....or am I missing something?

Not sure what talents you are using, but Avalanche strike does about 100 dmg more than an unbuffed strike of the maelstrom.

Deep Freeze

IMO, This should be off of GCD. If shaman is lacking a tiny bit of dps, this would increase it by a bit, since the buff only lasts for 3s, having a 1.5 second GCD makes it pretty difficult to get a few spells off while it is up. It is a 1 minute cooldown for 2 50% dmg boost hits... seems a little... lackluster if you ask me.
    Or at least let it last 5s. 3s stun/5s dmg boost.

I still think Furious Assault should be an hour long buff. I mean, 61 shaman, so it cant be used in many builds. And would make shaman a premier ST dps soul.

I only had time to check it our for a few hours and I agree the current shaman's rotations seems a little clunky especially for a mele class. It is one thing for a range class to have to rotate 6-8 abilities but when you add in movement and and raid effects the DPS for this class could drop through the floor quickly.

Like others I did macro a few things together and a ton more testing will need to be done before we can say for sure what works and what doesn't. I would like to see how shaman does on a few boss fights and not just a stand still target dummy.

As for builds, what have people tried so far at the 50 level?

My self I went 51 shaman, 5 Sent, and 10 druid.

In Sent i took the +10% SP and weapon damage
    In Druid it took the +5% pet and your damage and the +10% instant ability damage.
    In Shaman I took points in all the damaging power and left out all the defensive powers. So no shield, no interrupt, no reduce damage etc.

Beta is closed now so I can post my macros but I will once the next round starts. In full HK era gear and only ID vendor chest and gloves I was doing 3k DPS on the dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalityz View Post
    IMO, This should be off of GCD. If shaman is lacking a tiny bit of dps, this would increase it by a bit, since the buff only lasts for 3s, having a 1.5 second GCD makes it pretty difficult to get a few spells off while it is up. It is a 1 minute cooldown for 2 50% dmg boost hits... seems a little... lackluster if you ask me.
    Or at least let it last 5s. 3s stun/5s dmg boost.
    Yah I was talking with a few others and we felt the same way. Either it needs to be 5s or it needs to be an instant and the next ability you use it goes off for 100% boost.

+ Reply to Thread