+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Inquisitor

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    what 3s DPS ability do we have?
    bolt of depravity? i think.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyBoys View Post
    I think u right about that if there is not gonna be a major change. Scourge seems a really nice dot.
    Or it will be 54 inq - 22 defiler or 54inq - 20 defiler - 2 cabalist. Defiler have some really nice dot boosts. Like 15% extra death damage and 30% extra siphon vitality and harvest marrow damage. With 22 points in defiler u get both boosts.

But I think souls will still change a lot in these beta's. So next beta a other soul is top dps.
    just some short playing with 54 Inq / 18 Def / 4 Cab and i can see this may be the way to go, though I'm not positive.

Marrow Harvest was doing almost as much damage as Scourge, #3 and #2 on total dmg respectively. Though it doesnt fit into the rotation nearly as well as Dark Water from Cat does. Siphon Vitality damage is very weak compared to other DoTs, as it should be since it also heals. So I don't think it would be something I would use.

Quote Originally Posted by xBehemothx View Post
    bolt of depravity? i think.
    Which no one ever uses at 3s cast time...

Double post

In that build that Ricky linked, BoD is cast at 3s most of the time, except for the once time after SH during each rotation.

So far that build is pulling the highest ST DPS for me, and by removing all the points from Bolt of Retri talents the passives in Def/Cab give much more.

yup, i always wait for the instant cast.

just some short playing with 54 Inq / 18 Def / 4 Cab and i can see this may be the way to go, though I'm not positive.

Marrow Harvest was doing almost as much damage as Scourge, #3 and #2 on total dmg respectively. Though it doesnt fit into the rotation nearly as well as Dark Water from Cat does. Siphon Vitality damage is very weak compared to other DoTs, as it should be since it also heals. So I don't think it would be something I would use.

I guess you could say nysyr is a 3 sec "cast".

Also Inq dps is pretty broken atm, im sure alot will change once BoD is fixed.

Deletedddd

Actually, change your spec to 54/19/3, take the increase death dmg from Defiler.

Rotation: BoD > SH/BoR macro > Nasyrs Rebuke > BoD > SH/BoR macro > BoD

Basically spam 1,2,1,2,1,2... getting 1 stack then bod, 1 stack then bod.

There is a better spec which i will discuss with you online after work, i just wanted to point out on this thread that spam bod rotations parse higher than using life attacks.
    <Special Olympics> Recruiting Mage Pets (with or without their owner) to replace our Cleric DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
    It should have remained 90%, its the inquis only native source of healing.
    This quote is related to the skill Vex.
    I agree with the opinions about reverting the nerf on it.

I know that you can mix here and there but actually you are FORCED to mix because of this.

Parsed about 300 more damage using a dot rotation and hard casting BoD.

Marrow Harvest is kinda awkward to use, but its does about 600 dps within my 5min parse.

Question

Marrow Harvest is kinda awkward to use, but its does about 600 dps within my 5min parse.
    What spec/rotation were you using?

The rotation you just mentioned is the highest at 60 as well, 42inq/22defiler/12cab

Rotation: BoD > SH > BoD > Vex > BoD > Siphon > BoD > CoD > Repeat

There is one higher spec, that utilizes Grim Euphoria to gain an extra 20% +dmg, 38 inq/38defiler

Rotation: BoD > SH > BoD > Vex > BoD > Siphon > Repeat

though it requires you to take constant damage to pull higher numbers then the first spec.

Unfortunately these specs will not be viable if Clerics do not get casting pushback reductions.
    <Special Olympics> Recruiting Mage Pets (with or without their owner) to replace our Cleric DPS.

What was ur dps?

I tried a spec with Dark Water in Cab in the rotation, similiar to the 42/22/2 (although I think it was more like 41 21 4) and Dark Water hits very weak even with all the bonuses from Defiler, it was noticeably weaker than Siphon Vitality. Dark Water ended up being a measly 5% of my total DPS using a similiar rotation described previously (SH, BoD, Vex, BoD, CoD, BoD, SV, DW) and Marrow Harvest duration is too short to be worth it I believe, would have to test it more the next time beta have access again in that build however having to recast it every 6 seconds for the damage one BoD does (roughly) didn't seem worth it even if it had the same % DPS contribution that Vex does it has to be cast twice as much.

Huh, I had a feeling the bonuses from Defiler would be really nice with Inq but I didn't go so far as to think Life abilities should be avoided altogether

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    The rotation you just mentioned is the highest at 60 as well, 42inq/22defiler/12cab

Rotation: BoD > SH > BoD > Vex > BoD > Siphon > BoD > CoD > Repeat

Exact rotation, but i didnt use siphon, i used dark water, hits harder, and has initial damage + dot damage. And used MH, but i can probably swap MH for siphon. I dont know. MH is so awkward to use, but it hits for about 5.5k on crit. I cant see why not using it with a few macros (on BoD and possibly sanction).

Unfortunately these specs will not be viable if Clerics do not get casting pushback reductions.
    That is the biggest thing, Pushback will destroy this rotation.

Exact rotation, but i didnt use siphon, i used dark water, hits harder, and has initial damage + dot damage. And used MH, but i can probably swap MH for siphon. I dont know. MH is so awkward to use, but it hits for about 5.5k on crit. I cant see why not using it with a few macros (on BoD and possibly sanction).
    Strongest to weakest:
    BoD
    VeX
    SH
    Siphon
    CoD
    DW
    MH

You only have time for 4 dots then the first will be off, so you stop at CoD.. and keep the last two DW and MH for movement, the best part is they both have CD so they can be macro'ed under BoD (MH needs fixing though because it makes your movement stutter when its in the macro).

I dont know how you have DW and MH higher than Siphon?

That is the biggest thing, Pushback will destroy this rotation.
    Yep, without casting pushback reduction i don't think there's hope for Cleric DPS.

Life and death concord

I feel that Life and Death Concord should apply a stack with each life AND death spell...given it is Life and DEATH Concord....

This will help with keeping clinging spirits up on your target (even multiple targets), and will not force us to limit ourselves to only life spam.

It would be interesting to see Nysyrs Rebuke be able to be cast while on the move. They took away the stun component so I don't see where it would give an Inquisitor an unfair advantage even in pvp and it would help slightly in boss fights with a lot of movement. To start Nysyrs and then to have to move part way through makes you consider trying to eat mechanics vs the dps loss.

Also, does anyone else find it a bit annoying that vex doesn't immediately pull mobs any more? It only happens after the first tick. It is good in raids but bad if you are chain pulling. Also, do mobs tag on the initial application or only on the first damage tick? This makes it super easy to grief Inquisitors and to kill steal.

it doesn't do initial dmg so yeah, kinda like the defiler dot type attacks.

I havent really tried to parse with Inq yet (not since day1 anyway), is still the same mindless bod hard casting nonsense the way to go?

+ Reply to Thread